GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

How far does your GT3/RS go with one gallon gas on track?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-18-2009, 12:12 AM
mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !
How far does your GT3/RS go with one gallon gas on track?

One reason why I got my RS was it's fuel efficiency. I get about 25+ mpg highway cruising and 9 mpg all out on track which is the same as my less powerful M3 ... amazing! Can't help but bring up the Top Gear video below where they supposedly compare how far supercars travel with one gallon of gas on their test track. Ferrari 599 poop out after 1+ miles (OMG) and Audi R8 wins with 4 mile under the belt. Personally I won't call Audi R8 a supercar and our GT3/RS will blow them out of the water with 9+ mpg

Supercars: The One Gallon Fuel Crisis Race

My RS at Laguna

Old 09-18-2009, 03:58 AM
lawjdc is on a distinguished road
My fuel readout always says 8 mpg on track, but I think that is all the lower that it will read out. Probably lower than that - can't believe it always gets 8.0 mpg exactly

btw, your car looks great at Laguna!

Old 09-18-2009, 04:50 AM
ErikG is on a distinguished road
About 6mph, I get one hour of tracktime out of one full tank

Old 09-18-2009, 10:08 AM
JAMS is on a distinguished road
You are either driving too slow, or posting too late!

Old 09-18-2009, 11:18 AM
mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by lawjdc
My fuel readout always says 8 mpg on track, but I think that is all the lower that it will read out. Probably lower than that - can't believe it always gets 8.0 mpg exactly

btw, your car looks great at Laguna!
Thanks

I consistently get 8 to 9 mpg on the track. I thinks it has to do with the track and how you drive. You will get lower mpg if you rev the engine high in 2nd or 3rd gear all the time. Regardless, it sure is much better than Ferrari 599 ... 1mpg ouch

Old 09-18-2009, 11:47 AM
TRAKCAR is a glorious beacon of lightTRAKCAR is a glorious beacon of lightTRAKCAR is a glorious beacon of lightTRAKCAR is a glorious beacon of lightTRAKCAR is a glorious beacon of light
Always 6MPG, or about 100 miles. Takes about 1 hour onthe faster tracks like Sebring, VIR and Road Atlanta..

Old 09-18-2009, 12:07 PM
Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
Always 6MPG, or about 100 miles. Takes about 1 hour onthe faster tracks like Sebring, VIR and Road Atlanta..
That make sense since you are going at a faster speed hence more gas consumption. The track around me are Thunderhill, Infinion and Laguna - all pretty twisty and not fast so less fuel consumption

Old 09-18-2009, 12:46 PM
Seattle is on a distinguished road
I get very close to 5 minutes per gallon in my 996 GT3 Cup at most tracks, though I can tweak if needed with the average throttle %age I get from my Motec. Since fuel usage is rpm-driven, and on-throttle I'm always in the high RPM band, then fuel usage is very highly correlated with %age of time on throttle. I can divide into average lap speed to get mpg, but since most races are timed, I just use minutes.

So at a track where I average 80mph a lap, that's 6.7mpg.

Old 09-18-2009, 11:18 PM
Laguna_Dude has a reputation beyond reputeLaguna_Dude has a reputation beyond reputeLaguna_Dude has a reputation beyond reputeLaguna_Dude has a reputation beyond reputeLaguna_Dude has a reputation beyond reputeLaguna_Dude has a reputation beyond reputeLaguna_Dude has a reputation beyond reputeLaguna_Dude has a reputation beyond reputeLaguna_Dude has a reputation beyond reputeLaguna_Dude has a reputation beyond reputeLaguna_Dude has a reputation beyond repute
In that photo your RS is smiling ear to ear!

Old 09-19-2009, 12:49 AM
Originally Posted by Seattle
I get very close to 5 minutes per gallon in my 996 GT3 Cup at most tracks, though I can tweak if needed with the average throttle %age I get from my Motec. Since fuel usage is rpm-driven, and on-throttle I'm always in the high RPM band, then fuel usage is very highly correlated with %age of time on throttle. I can divide into average lap speed to get mpg, but since most races are timed, I just use minutes.

So at a track where I average 80mph a lap, that's 6.7mpg.
That's an intesting way of looking at mpg ... but still mcuh better than most other "supercars"

Originally Posted by Laguna_Dude
In that photo your RS is smiling ear to ear!
Oh yeah! You got that right