GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

I got a new rear wing... And it moves!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-11-2010, 01:30 PM
Former Vendor
Wingman (AeroM) is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by sayboy
Ok, that sounds a lot better to my ears. Thanks for the follow-up.

As a 2010 GT3RS owner, am I good to go with the OE decklid? And of course my preference is the .2 wing

Active front splitter? Yeah baby!
Yep, the next Porsche wing out is the 2010 RS wing, which bolts to the .2 OE lid. We're slated to finish developing that fit kit in three months. Are there any 2010 RS owners in / near Massachusetts? (I know, we're on the wrong coast)

The front splitter is awesome. We've been working on it for almost a year. It changes the pressure gradient under the car to alter the ground effect. Here's a few screen shots of the CFD analysis. The bottom view shows the difference in pressure on the two sides, as a result of the active splitter.

Our final Porsche project is actually a power mod. It's applicable to the 996 and 997 turbos. Development will take another 6 months, but it's going to be out of this world. Nothing like it exists on the market. If you live in / near Mass, we'd be interested in talking with a few early customers. NDA's are required for this one, as we have to protect the IP.

Old 10-11-2010, 08:00 PM
sayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Wingman (AeroM)
Yep, the next Porsche wing out is the 2010 RS wing, which bolts to the .2 OE lid. We're slated to finish developing that fit kit in three months. Are there any 2010 RS owners in / near Massachusetts? (I know, we're on the wrong coast)

The front splitter is awesome. We've been working on it for almost a year. It changes the pressure gradient under the car to alter the ground effect. Here's a few screen shots of the CFD analysis. The bottom view shows the difference in pressure on the two sides, as a result of the active splitter
You are on the wrong coast as I am known to be an early adopter. Keep us updated on availability.

Old 10-27-2010, 09:33 PM
Basic has a brilliant futureBasic has a brilliant futureBasic has a brilliant futureBasic has a brilliant futureBasic has a brilliant futureBasic has a brilliant futureBasic has a brilliant futureBasic has a brilliant futureBasic has a brilliant futureBasic has a brilliant futureBasic has a brilliant future
Supercool, I was working on a similar concept, actually build a micro controlled circuit and have the actuators which I was working on for a different car. I saw your product when you were first working on the BMW wing. I don't have the time or skills to finish mine on my own, was great learning and figuring things. I will be in the market for one of the 996TT setups, was going to pick up an adjustable wing but this is way better.

I looked on your website, lots of info but didn't see any pictures of the wing for a 996TT do you have any?

Last edited by Basic; 10-27-2010 at 09:36 PM.
Old 10-31-2010, 09:57 AM
Smind has much to be proud ofSmind has much to be proud ofSmind has much to be proud ofSmind has much to be proud ofSmind has much to be proud ofSmind has much to be proud ofSmind has much to be proud ofSmind has much to be proud ofSmind has much to be proud ofSmind has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by NickH
How about this baby, it's on a very special car, so cannot give any details as I am involved.

Serious race proven enginnering gone into this to give correct values on attack etc.
What about it? It's a catalog part from Roock:

http://www.roocksport.com/main/image...itsCatalog.pdf

At first glance, it doesn't appear to be much more than the same old static wing design. "Serious race proven engineering gone into this to give correct values on attack etc" is marketing gobbledygook. Show the data. It's a static wing that doesn't change angle. If it doesn't change angle, there's no amount of "serious race proven engineering" to raise to a level where it can be compared to the Aeromotions wing. It would appear that you made a mold for a wing that has a different AoA. Not groundbreaking stuff.

It's pretty, but it doesn't even remotely belong in the same discussion as an active wing.

Old 10-31-2010, 10:08 AM
NickH is on a distinguished road
You know what your'e right, uploaded wrong pic...sorry...have withdrawn posting.

Old 11-07-2010, 12:43 PM
eatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant future
Could you please pm me about your rear wing side flaps?
Thanks!

--

Update from Aeromotions. We're about to release some F1 active aero for your porsche.

We've been developing the RS series Dynamic Wings for a little over a year now, and are about to release the first production wings for the 996TT and 997TT (both .1 and .2). The development has taken a while, but we like to make sure all the details are worked out before releasing a new product. In fact, the entire actuation system has changed between the original post and the wing in this picture (taken on 6/8/10). The new actuators are twice as fast and have half the weight of the original RS wing.

Mounting the RS wings on the turbo is really easy. They replace the OE hydraulic wing, and bolt to the deck lid in the same location. There's no paining or trunk modification. In fact, you can reinstall the OE wing if you ever want to return to stock. The Dynamic Wing package is $5,875. We'll post pictures of the final version in the next few weeks.

All questions are welcome.

Greg

Old 11-10-2010, 01:06 PM
Former Vendor
Thanks for the kind words. Having worked on an active wing, you can appreciate how much R&D goes into a system like this.

The 996TT pieces are coming in daily. We'll have the first production version in 2-3 weeks (pictures will follow). It bolts to the factory wing location, and you can select between 57" and 65" airfoils.

We're currently building the website pages for the 911 wings. You're welcome to call, 617-945-2025, to discuss the 996 TT wing.

Cheers,
Greg

Originally Posted by Basic
Supercool, I was working on a similar concept, actually build a micro controlled circuit and have the actuators which I was working on for a different car. I saw your product when you were first working on the BMW wing. I don't have the time or skills to finish mine on my own, was great learning and figuring things. I will be in the market for one of the 996TT setups, was going to pick up an adjustable wing but this is way better.

I looked on your website, lots of info but didn't see any pictures of the wing for a 996TT do you have any?

Old 11-10-2010, 01:48 PM
chaud is on a distinguished road
Subscribed... Looking forward to future revelations on this development!

Old 12-15-2010, 10:33 AM
Former Vendor
Here's a thread on the F430 aero development (with a cool pic).

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ml#post3067590

Old 12-18-2010, 06:47 PM
997 Tw Trbo is on a distinguished road
suscribed, very cool....

Old 12-19-2010, 01:22 AM
Basic has a brilliant futureBasic has a brilliant futureBasic has a brilliant futureBasic has a brilliant futureBasic has a brilliant futureBasic has a brilliant futureBasic has a brilliant futureBasic has a brilliant futureBasic has a brilliant futureBasic has a brilliant futureBasic has a brilliant future
Thanks for the kind words. Having worked on an active wing, you can appreciate how much R&D goes into a system like this.

The 996TT pieces are coming in daily. We'll have the first production version in 2-3 weeks (pictures will follow). It bolts to the factory wing location, and you can select between 57" and 65" airfoils.

We're currently building the website pages for the 911 wings. You're welcome to call, 617-945-2025, to discuss the 996 TT wing.

Cheers,
Greg
I can certainly appreciate what it takes, I spend a good deal of time messing with my setup, to busy in the real world though. I am very interested and look forward to seeing the pictures, I showed this to a friend of mine who writes for EC (does the GT3 articles) told him he should look into this for his GT3. If not I'd give my car up as the test unit, such a sacrifice

Paul

Old 12-30-2010, 09:49 AM
Former Vendor
If you're friend wants to write a review, we could lend you a 996TT wing

Originally Posted by Basic
I can certainly appreciate what it takes, I spend a good deal of time messing with my setup, to busy in the real world though. I am very interested and look forward to seeing the pictures, I showed this to a friend of mine who writes for EC (does the GT3 articles) told him he should look into this for his GT3. If not I'd give my car up as the test unit, such a sacrifice

Paul

Old 12-30-2010, 10:58 AM
mxk116 has a spectacular aura aboutmxk116 has a spectacular aura about
Looking forward to the arrival of the wing for the 997.2 GT3RS.

A Healthy, Happy New Year to all.

Old 01-08-2011, 09:51 PM
Harold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Smindustries
Thank you for the sentiment, but I really didn't do anything but express interest and provide means to get the project done. My respect goes to the engineers. They spent a lot of man hours getting it right. The device went through several iterations before they were happy with its performance. Additionally, they were able to use the development as a learning tool by providing internships for engineering students who helped to accurize the CFD models by measuring every square centimeter of the car, including the underside. A lot of people benefitted from the project and everyone walked away happy.

Regarding the cost, I didn't mean to imply that it's astronomical and out of reach for most consumers. To the contrary, it's a bargain compared to replacing the factory decklid and wing and becomes downright cheap when looking at the track data. People spend unconscionable amounts of money to shave tenths and this device shaves seconds. Now that the data has been gathered and the 997's aero is understood, this can be fitted to all of the platform's variants.
Great read, this type of product has been in existence on the Japanese car scene as well for a little while- think Aeromotions is the same group. Wonder why I never saw this in the past. I saw that guys have applied this to the GTR specifically. This is the first time I have seen the application so superbly executed to look so OEM however. Amazing stuff...

The key issue is the ability to know what aero adjustments are needed on a particular circuit. And that is where my reservations are. Unless one knows how to apply the theory correctly to a particular track, I worry that the overall effects may be more detrimental than beneficial. The technology is amazing, but I think there is a need for someone close at hand to apply the necessary algorithms to make the technology work well for the track in question...

If only the bolt on was available for the RS.1 though.... having said that at least I will save myself some money!

Last edited by Harold; 01-08-2011 at 10:14 PM.
Old 01-09-2011, 09:18 PM
Originally Posted by Harold
Great read, this type of product has been in existence on the Japanese car scene as well for a little while- think Aeromotions is the same group. Wonder why I never saw this in the past. I saw that guys have applied this to the GTR specifically. This is the first time I have seen the application so superbly executed to look so OEM however. Amazing stuff...

The key issue is the ability to know what aero adjustments are needed on a particular circuit. And that is where my reservations are. Unless one knows how to apply the theory correctly to a particular track, I worry that the overall effects may be more detrimental than beneficial. The technology is amazing, but I think there is a need for someone close at hand to apply the necessary algorithms to make the technology work well for the track in question...

If only the bolt on was available for the RS.1 though.... having said that at least I will save myself some money!
Key is not so much the different tracks but getting the balance on the car correct. Once that is accomplished I don't see how different tracks would make any difference.

So you save the money but don't go significantly faster...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: I got a new rear wing... And it moves!