GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Dynamic Engine Mounts Worth It? PCCB's Worth it?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-23-2010, 12:54 PM
motoboyjack is a glorious beacon of lightmotoboyjack is a glorious beacon of lightmotoboyjack is a glorious beacon of lightmotoboyjack is a glorious beacon of lightmotoboyjack is a glorious beacon of lightmotoboyjack is a glorious beacon of light
Dynamic Engine Mounts Worth It? PCCB's Worth it?

So my question today is a Dealer found me 2 GT3's perfectly optioned, (lets take price out of the picture) One has Dynamic Engine Mounts the other doesn't, One has PCCBs, and the other does not.

So I have to choose bet the two... Get the PCCB equipped car, or dynamic engine mounted car...

-Do the Dynamic Engine Mounts give a noticeable difference in performance on Street and Track? How can it benefit the owners of a DEM Car

-For the PCCB's are they thatt!? worth-it compared to Stock... (it being lighter, last longer, better stopping power)

What Opinions do you guys have?

Old 01-23-2010, 01:17 PM
YoopsRacing will become famous soon enough
Cost aside
If you are going to track the car over 60% get the non PCCB car...I think there are better braking options for a track car and the benefits of DEM would be a better option.

Cost no problem - get both PCCBs and DEM - I use my Gen 1 997 PCCB car mainly for street and could not be happier with PCCBs. DEM is another option I would want even for my street car

my 2cents.

Last edited by YoopsRacing; 01-23-2010 at 01:20 PM.
Old 01-23-2010, 01:22 PM
avi8tir is just really niceavi8tir is just really niceavi8tir is just really niceavi8tir is just really nice
The engine mounts are invisible to the driver. Unless you drive one car with and one car without (back to back), you wouldnt know they are there.

In my opinion, the PCCB's are a HUGE waste of $9,000. The steel brakes are SO GOOD!! I am extremely hard on my car at the track the the steel brakes dont even flinch.... not even at the end of the day. The fact is that the PCCB's arent that much better (if at all). If you track often, it has been well documented that the PCCB's are not the right choice. The biggest plus, in my opinion, is that the PCCB's have no brake dust!

Old 01-23-2010, 01:28 PM
motoboyjack is a glorious beacon of lightmotoboyjack is a glorious beacon of lightmotoboyjack is a glorious beacon of lightmotoboyjack is a glorious beacon of lightmotoboyjack is a glorious beacon of lightmotoboyjack is a glorious beacon of light
The PCCB's dont offer better stopping power, and crisper bight?... as well as that they need to be replaced...like close to never...Steel brakes work less efficient as they heat up and ceramic work more efficiently the hotter they are...

Old 01-23-2010, 02:04 PM
911dev is a jewel in the rough911dev is a jewel in the rough911dev is a jewel in the rough911dev is a jewel in the rough
There is no doubt that reducing the unsprung, rotational mass with the PCCBs is great, but there are not worth the 9K imo.

Yeah, you may not feel the diff between a non-DEM car vs. a DEM equipped one but from a technical standpoint there is no reason not to believe that the DEMs will work better when driving hard, whether on the track or not. Porsche has even gone on record stating that there is less vibration in the 3-4k rev range, amongst the other benefits of DEMs.

Under normal driving conditions you'll have similar mounts to a pre .2 car, however, when pushed you'll get the benefits of a -close to- solid mount car. Residuals will be better with DEM equipped cars as well. Reportedly, Suncoast can retro fit the mounts for about the twice the original cost.

I'd choose the DEM car whether a retro fit is possible or not. PCCBs may return 15-25% of their original cost. For the record my Dec 7.2 delivery has DEMs sans PCCBs and I ordered the options on my car.

Last edited by 911dev; 01-23-2010 at 02:08 PM.
Old 01-23-2010, 02:43 PM
Banned
GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !
motoboyjack that's an awesome stable you have. All the best.

Ranger

Old 01-23-2010, 03:05 PM
GT3 Ranger I have to update my garage all those cars are gone - leases were up on some, traded other in... we share the cars bet the fam
2008 Lamborghini Gallardo - Traded for LP560
2008 Porsche 911 Turbo - Traded for a Ferrari 575M
2008 BMW M5 - Another year on lease
2008 Cayenne Turbo - 4 Months (my main car - GT3 comes in)
2007 Range Rover (Lease was up)
2008 BMW 7-Series (Leased ended - Lexus LP460-L)

Old 01-23-2010, 03:47 PM
Do you think the unsprung, rotational mass on the pccbs give a noticeable difference compared to stock?
Originally Posted by 911dev
There is no doubt that reducing the unsprung, rotational mass with the PCCBs is great, but there are not worth the 9K imo.

Yeah, you may not feel the diff between a non-DEM car vs. a DEM equipped one but from a technical standpoint there is no reason not to believe that the DEMs will work better when driving hard, whether on the track or not. Porsche has even gone on record stating that there is less vibration in the 3-4k rev range, amongst the other benefits of DEMs.

Under normal driving conditions you'll have similar mounts to a pre .2 car, however, when pushed you'll get the benefits of a -close to- solid mount car. Residuals will be better with DEM equipped cars as well. Reportedly, Suncoast can retro fit the mounts for about the twice the original cost.

I'd choose the DEM car whether a retro fit is possible or not. PCCBs may return 15-25% of their original cost. For the record my Dec 7.2 delivery has DEMs sans PCCBs and I ordered the options on my car.

Old 06-13-2019, 08:13 PM
newporsche is an unknown quantity at this point
the simple porsche id registration is straight forward to get setup...however when you try to add your car to the porsche ID it asks for DL scans and proof of vehcile ownership scanned in....havent seen that before where the company asks for scans of this before you can add your vehicle. What kind of benefits does this give when you add your vehicle to the porche id registration?

Old 06-27-2019, 05:40 PM
Matte Murder will become famous soon enoughMatte Murder will become famous soon enough
If you damage a ceramic rotor or set you will cry from the replacement cost, its a LOT more than $9000 and there’s no easy way to get ANY other ceramic to work if you were to replace them. If I never went to the track I’d get the PCCBs tho, amazing option just not worth the pain if you street and track.
FWIW, just bought a 2016 GT3RS and the PCCBs are going in a storage box and being replaced with steel rotors. The steel is really cheap and really good and its rare when those two features come together.

Old 07-01-2019, 06:57 PM
enzom has a reputation beyond reputeenzom has a reputation beyond reputeenzom has a reputation beyond reputeenzom has a reputation beyond reputeenzom has a reputation beyond reputeenzom has a reputation beyond reputeenzom has a reputation beyond reputeenzom has a reputation beyond reputeenzom has a reputation beyond reputeenzom has a reputation beyond reputeenzom has a reputation beyond repute
I would choose PCCBs over steel, but I do not track my cars. My 991.1 Turbo had steel brakes. My .2 GT3 has PCCBs. I know the GT3 is lighter, but the difference to me is impressive. Also - if you hate brake dust as much as I do, you should be willing to spend some more How much more is up to you. But $9k is not pocket change.

Old 07-11-2019, 02:02 PM
Matte Murder will become famous soon enoughMatte Murder will become famous soon enough
Who’s making a 420mm steel rotor for direct replacement for PCCBs?

Old 12-08-2020, 08:31 AM
ScottM is on a distinguished road
PCCBs are definitely worth it to me for street driving as my braking points are much shorter - I really do like the initial bite of PCCBs when first applying braking, so remarkable

Old 12-08-2020, 08:38 AM
ScottM is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Matte Murder
If you damage a ceramic rotor or set you will cry from
the replacement cost, its a LOT more than $9000
and there’s no easy way to get ANY other ceramic to work if you were to replace them. If I never went to the track I’d get the PCCBs tho, amazing option just not worth the pain if you street and track.
FWIW, just bought a 2016 GT3RS and the PCCBs are going in a storage box and being replaced with steel rotors. The steel is really cheap and really good and its rare when those two features come together.
Use a trusted OEM overseas retailer and that $9k almost buys you a full of PCCB rotors and pads for all four wheels.
If you only need one rotor, perhaps sell off the remaining and cover your costs .... but don't pay Dealer Parts Counter prices.

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...rts-daily.html

Last edited by ScottM; 12-08-2020 at 08:42 AM.
Old 02-05-2021, 08:31 AM
JensonHopps is an unknown quantity at this point
If you are looking for exotic cars, visit The Michael Oz, the lease god.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Dynamic Engine Mounts Worth It? PCCB's Worth it?