GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Sharkwerks a business?No its an INSTITUTION!!!

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 02-06-2010, 03:23 PM
OldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond repute
Sharkwerks a business?No its an INSTITUTION!!!

I put this in the 997 forum but I feel so strong about this, I wanted to put it in my favorite forum here in the GT forum

Today I am installing some Sharwerks parts on my 09C2S. I dont want to get into specifics about Alex and his crew and what they have done, but I have to tell you about their character. (tomorrow I have a review of the Center exhaust). Alex is a recent American citizen. When you think about Americans Alex is what pops into my mind. This isnt a business they run, its an institution. I dont believe their bottom line is profit. Their bottom line is to participate as an Activist in the Porsche community. Sharkwerks is a PILLAR or our community. You know when you think about what makes Porsche different than other marques, Sharkwerks is what comes to my mind. Its not so much the car, but the people IN the car. Porsche is that.

The community is what separates Porsche. Sharkwerks is the substance of what makes Porsche Porsche. When you think of companies that sell aftermarket products for your car, some do just that. Sharkwerks provides a service thats a means to make your Porsche YOUR Porsche.

I dont remember how many of you remember Viper Bob, but I was really sad when he moved back east from the Bay area, and I still miss him, but Alex and crew have more than fill the void that was Viper Bob. Anytime I have a question about my car Alex is the answer, or has the answer.
I am writing this because I have only put two Sharkwerks parts on my car but when I do its an experience. Its something I remember for a long time.

So if you have a need for you car remember Sharkwerks. Its the ambiance of fine restaurant, the creme on the pumpkin pie, th e fizz in the Dr.Pepper.
Its the one stop shop for all things Porsche.

Old 02-06-2010, 06:05 PM
mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !
i second that.
i dont trust too many "tuners" or aftermkt stuff. and that inc many very big names.
but alex and james are class act.
my 7gt3 and 7RS all had their bypass.
great stuff, stands behind their product.

Old 02-06-2010, 06:12 PM
sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !
I agree completely: great company, great guys! They sell only stuff they would use themselves and they stand behind what the sell. But as you said, it is not about the sale. They have also told me NOT to buy things that might not fit where I wanted to go with my car. I do have one complaint though - they are over 4 hours away from my home.

Old 02-06-2010, 06:52 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by OldGuy
I put this in the 997 forum but I feel so strong about this, I wanted to put it in my favorite forum here in the GT forum

Today I am installing some Sharwerks parts on my 09C2S. I dont want to get into specifics about Alex and his crew and what they have done, but I have to tell you about their character. (tomorrow I have a review of the Center exhaust). Alex is a recent American citizen. When you think about Americans Alex is what pops into my mind. This isnt a business they run, its an institution. I dont believe their bottom line is profit. Their bottom line is to participate as an Activist in the Porsche community. Sharkwerks is a PILLAR or our community. You know when you think about what makes Porsche different than other marques, Sharkwerks is what comes to my mind. Its not so much the car, but the people IN the car. Porsche is that.

The community is what separates Porsche. Sharkwerks is the substance of what makes Porsche Porsche. When you think of companies that sell aftermarket products for your car, some do just that. Sharkwerks provides a service thats a means to make your Porsche YOUR Porsche.

I dont remember how many of you remember Viper Bob, but I was really sad when he moved back east from the Bay area, and I still miss him, but Alex and crew have more than fill the void that was Viper Bob. Anytime I have a question about my car Alex is the answer, or has the answer.
I am writing this because I have only put two Sharkwerks parts on my car but when I do its an experience. Its something I remember for a long time.

So if you have a need for you car remember Sharkwerks. Its the ambiance of fine restaurant, the creme on the pumpkin pie, th e fizz in the Dr.Pepper.
Its the one stop shop for all things Porsche.
Wow thank you OldGuy... I'm really touched. As I sit here at home today (day off- no kidding!) the rest of the SharkWerks crew is on the way over to the house to watch a UFC event (see I'm full-blooded American now eh?!) and I'll have to share this with them. Seriously, we're so lucky to have the support of the Porsche community. To be honest I can't really imagine that being the case back in the UK. In the US it really doesn't seem matter where you come from, who your parents are/were or even who you know. There truly is something to that American dream. Having come from the UK you can't imagine how many doors would get slammed in our faces if we were to try and do this vs here. You guys really egg us on... and that's the only reason for doing this. I was doing "this" before having a shop and I would still be doing it even without one. Playing with Porsches is how I like to spend my time (and geek-time too). In fact, I have to share a funny story with you from Thursday... As Dan was rapidly packing/shipping some GT3 and 997 exhausts as well as other parts out to Georgia, Los Angeles and Dubai, I was on the phone going from one merchant service department to another (on hold) filling out and faxing forms for money we had already apparently "earned". We stopped and looked at each other and started laughing about what we were doing this time 10 years ago. Dan then said to me, "How the mighty have fallen, Alex. A monkey could do your job!" How far had we fallen? Well we were Dot.Com web site pioneers (well at least we thought we were! riding the wave writing/testing/reviewing all sorts of PC-related stuff for millions of readers and here we were "shipping gone wild". We had to laugh but the point was/is that we're pretty darned happy... We drive the same cars you guys own and are just as die-hard about them. Porsches have always been such a special car which seems to attract and bring out the most hardcore enthusiast. I still remember growing up in London and seeing those 930's for the first time, whilst other kids were looking at those bloody Countache's! I didn't really know then that my path would cross 27+ years later. I've met all sorts on our journey thus far that I'm proud to call my friends and long may that continue

Thank you and I hope your back gets better eh? Gotta be rough... My wife has chronic back issues too A darned cement truck slammed into the back of her Alpha (not exactly the safest car) on the 405 freeway 13 years ago.

Originally Posted by mooty
i second that.
i dont trust too many "tuners" or aftermkt stuff. and that inc many very big names.
but alex and james are class act.
my 7gt3 and 7RS all had their bypass.
great stuff, stands behind their product.
Thank you sir... coming from you that means a lot. The forums are lucky to have folks like you who put these P-cars through their paces at the track. Porsche probably could learn a lot from your battle scars at the track Actually, the Cayman aside, you've shown just how great and reliable a track car these things are. You keep coming back to Porsche (despite that Lotus blip).

Originally Posted by sparkhill
I agree completely: great company, great guys! They sell only stuff they would use themselves and they stand behind what the sell. But as you said, it is not about the sale. They have also told me NOT to buy things that might not fit where I wanted to go with my car. I do have one complaint though - they are over 4 hours away from my home.
Thank you Sparkhill. It's a real pleasure and I know I put my "Nay-sayer" cap on for you and other folks but I'm a fussy bugger and sometimes factory is actually better. Sometimes

We might be moving soon... and closer. Well maybe .5 miles closer

Last edited by sharkster; 02-06-2010 at 07:22 PM.
Old 02-06-2010, 07:18 PM
peloton has much to be proud ofpeloton has much to be proud ofpeloton has much to be proud ofpeloton has much to be proud ofpeloton has much to be proud ofpeloton has much to be proud ofpeloton has much to be proud ofpeloton has much to be proud of
Sharkwerks is the first and only vendor that I felt so positively about that when they put SharkWerks stickers on my rear side windows for photos, I did not even consider removing them and they remain on my car today. Dan, James, (and even Alex) have earned the support of the community because they are such good members of same.

Old 02-07-2010, 09:23 AM
mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by sparkhill
you should move closer

i did.

Old 02-07-2010, 09:29 AM
[quote=sharkster;2717336]
Thank you sir... coming from you that means a lot. The forums are lucky to have folks like you who put these P-cars through their paces at the track. Porsche probably could learn a lot from your battle scars at the track Actually, the Cayman aside, you've shown just how great and reliable a track car these things are. You keep coming back to Porsche (despite that Lotus blip).

part of the porsche thing is my drug dealer: gary quibelan. but you let him know to shape up. i now demand a lot more from my dealers. otherwise, i will have to go back to your brit cars, like lotus....

PCNA is great. they did a lot to assist me in my RS.

Old 02-07-2010, 09:30 AM
btw, get the white 6gt3 done,
put it on magazine
sell it back to me.
i love that *****.
then i'll sell it to james again LOL.

Old 02-07-2010, 09:32 AM
FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !
I have known Alex and crew for a few years now and SharkWerks is the one very few shops that will talk with you in detail before your purchase, from clear markers to 3.9 builds it does not matter to them. I recently purchased what is pretty much a SharkWerks turnkey 997 turbo. I have always been involved modding my own cars and I never before would consider purchasing a car that has been modified just for the single fact you never know the quality of the build or workmanship.

This time is the exception, I purchased a low mile 07 Turbo from one of the nicest people I now know. From day one this car has been in the hands of Alex, James, and Dan. Being built by SharkWerks with best parts from the top brands in the Porsche market I never once thought twice about purchasing this SharkWerks built turbo.

Old 02-07-2010, 09:40 AM
LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !
Sharkwerks is #1. They sell the best parts, provide the best service, knowledge and real passion.

Old 02-07-2010, 01:44 PM
taylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond repute
Sharkwerks guys are great! I'm a repeat customer for life.

Old 02-07-2010, 02:07 PM
RiA
RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !
Alex, James and Dan are all top notch - I am VERY fortunate to live in the SF Bay Area being able to acquire my parts/supplies/mods/advice from such a great bunch of guys.

The Old Guy is absolutely correct - there isn't a better place to go for your P-Car needs!

Rich

Old 02-07-2010, 02:39 PM
Tupe is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by LUISGT3
Sharkwerks is #1. They sell the best parts, provide the best service, knowledge and real passion.
^

Old 02-07-2010, 04:28 PM
snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !
You will never get an argument from me about the Sharkwerks crew!! I love every damn one of them!! They have become more like family then tuners, and they get more of my money then my family!! Just got back from a nice 80 mile drive on the loop with the 3.9!! A little slick but a ton of fun and I am still in love with the Pirellies!!

Old 02-07-2010, 08:19 PM
marcw has much to be proud ofmarcw has much to be proud ofmarcw has much to be proud ofmarcw has much to be proud ofmarcw has much to be proud ofmarcw has much to be proud ofmarcw has much to be proud ofmarcw has much to be proud ofmarcw has much to be proud of
I say no more... and I know where Alex is coming from. I too moved here from England to conquer my aspirations

Attached Images  

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Sharkwerks a business?No its an INSTITUTION!!!