GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Anyone do this? MY 2010/2011 GT3 CENTERLOCK conversion on MY 2007/2008 GT3

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-17-2013, 11:59 PM
superman32 is a jewel in the roughsuperman32 is a jewel in the roughsuperman32 is a jewel in the roughsuperman32 is a jewel in the rough
Does any one know what is the differences between the fit for PCCB and non PCCB coonversion kits?

Old 04-18-2013, 08:07 AM
Basic Sponsor
SuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by superman32
Does any one know what is the differences between the fit for PCCB and non PCCB coonversion kits?

PCCB's - If the cars have PCCB's, you reuse your PCCB rotors and hardware. So the PCCB kit is just the center lock pieces only. This is our most popular kit we offer, since this has just the center lock hardware, and we've had customers use this hardware to convert 997.1 GT2/GT3 models to center lock. Not sure of what it takes, or if any additional parts or modifications are required. But this is the main hardware for the job.

Standard Brakes - If you have cast iron rotors on a Turbo, the stock Turbo rotors won't clear the center locking hardware. So that kit comes with the newer style rotors, as well as the center lock hardware.

Your #1 Source for Genuine Porsche Parts and Accessories on the Web!

Visit us at http://www.SuncoastParts.com
Call us at: 877-923-1700
Email us at: Parts@SuncoastParts.com

Follow us to stay connected:
Join Our Newsletter | Facebook
Old 04-18-2013, 10:13 AM
superman32 is a jewel in the roughsuperman32 is a jewel in the roughsuperman32 is a jewel in the roughsuperman32 is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by SuncoastParts
PCCB's - If the cars have PCCB's, you reuse your PCCB rotors and hardware. So the PCCB kit is just the center lock pieces only. This is our most popular kit we offer, since this has just the center lock hardware, and we've had customers use this hardware to convert 997.1 GT2/GT3 models to center lock. Not sure of what it takes, or if any additional parts or modifications are required. But this is the main hardware for the job.

Standard Brakes - If you have cast iron rotors on a Turbo, the stock Turbo rotors won't clear the center locking hardware. So that kit comes with the newer style rotors, as well as the center lock hardware.
Thank you so much for explain that.
So the standard brake kit comes with 4 new rotors? Are the rotors OEM porsche parts or after market parts? Does 997.2tt with standard brake come with different rotors with 997.1tt?

Old 04-24-2013, 10:10 AM
Former Vendor
Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !
We have successfully done this for a few clients..

Here are pictures of a 08 GT3RS that we did a body update and the center lock conversion.

Feel free to contact me directly for more info..

Attached Images     
Old 04-24-2013, 03:45 PM
Targa Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond repute
I will be converting my CL to 5 lugs.

Anyone doing the reverse is just NUTS.

Old 04-25-2013, 02:25 AM
a_Y
a_Y has a spectacular aura abouta_Y has a spectacular aura about
I did the conversion and kind of regret it... Only thing is i love my bbs re monobloc..

Old 04-25-2013, 09:43 AM
Dr. Bill is a glorious beacon of lightDr. Bill is a glorious beacon of lightDr. Bill is a glorious beacon of lightDr. Bill is a glorious beacon of lightDr. Bill is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by Targa Tim
I will be converting my CL to 5 lugs.

Anyone doing the reverse is just NUTS.
^ This.

Old 09-04-2013, 09:03 PM
rbahr is on a distinguished road
I have the Motorsports parts on my 04 GT3. Will probably get rid of them, but they do look cool...

Old 09-17-2013, 05:12 PM
turbo turbo is on a distinguished road
center lock

will the oem center locks work on a 04 turbo.