GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

18" BBS E88 on NB 997.1 GT3 with PCCB question.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-21-2011, 11:21 AM
jbigelow_1 is just really nicejbigelow_1 is just really nicejbigelow_1 is just really nicejbigelow_1 is just really nicejbigelow_1 is just really nice
18" BBS E88 on NB 997.1 GT3 with PCCB question.

Did a search and couldn't find any info.

I am purchasing a set of BBS E88s for my 2007 narrow body GT3.

18x9 fronts and 18x12 rears

My car has PCCBs.

Will the PCCBs clear the 18" BBS E88s?

If anyone has done this please let me know. All I have seen are Steel brakes with 18" BBS E88s.

-John

Old 03-21-2011, 11:25 AM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Watch out as we stopped using those wheels a few years ago. They're not really intended for the street and _always_ suffer from leaks and need some work on the street in terms of sealing;( They will fit though.

Old 03-21-2011, 11:27 AM
jbigelow_1 is just really nicejbigelow_1 is just really nicejbigelow_1 is just really nicejbigelow_1 is just really nicejbigelow_1 is just really nice
Originally Posted by sharkster
Watch out as we stopped using those wheels a few years ago. They're not really intended for the street and _always_ suffer from leaks and need some work on the street in terms of sealing;( They will fit though.
Are u serious Alex!!!! GRRRRR

Thanx for the heads up!!!!

Old 03-21-2011, 11:32 AM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jbigelow_1
Are u serious Alex!!!! GRRRRR

Thanx for the heads up!!!!
Sorry man... indeed as you can see from some of these projects we've used them before a few times

Great wheel... not super-light and not DOT approved either. Leaky!
http://sharkwerks.com/porsche/996-tu...uspension.html

http://sharkwerks.com/porsche/996-tu...ce-wheels.html

http://sharkwerks.com/porsche/996-tu...tr-brakes.html

http://sharkwerks.com/porsche/996-tu...bs-wheels.html

http://sharkwerks.com/porsche/996-tu...ack-mamba.html

And stay away from the MAG center ones too..

Old 03-21-2011, 11:35 AM
I'd go with a single piece (no leaking that way) wheel HRE like the R-40 series which is way lighter anyway. Also it'll accept the TPMS stuff properly:
http://sharkwerks.com/porsche/techni...ok-wheels.html

Old 03-21-2011, 03:06 PM
Former Vendor
Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jbigelow_1
Did a search and couldn't find any info.

I am purchasing a set of BBS E88s for my 2007 narrow body GT3.

18x9 fronts and 18x12 rears

My car has PCCBs.

Will the PCCBs clear the 18" BBS E88s?

If anyone has done this please let me know. All I have seen are Steel brakes with 18" BBS E88s.

-John

These wheels can be used on the street although they do require maintenance as they are race wheels.

As Alex pointed out they do have a tendency to leak sometimes.

But they are amazing wheels and useable on the road.
We have sold well dozens of these wheels over the years and have used them our World Challenge race cars.

If you want the real deal and than these are the wheels.

We are a motorsport partner for BBS and can help with E88's if you need them.

Or if you want something that is fully forged we have been very successful with our WC-GT wheels

18x9 and 18x12 and clear ALL BBK kits on the market.

Last edited by Fabryce@GMGRacing; 03-21-2011 at 03:11 PM.
Old 03-21-2011, 04:10 PM
Two of the biggest guns (SHARKWERKS & GMG) have spoken!!!!!

Thanx for your replies Alex and Fabryce!!!!!

Of course I love these wheels.....

Any other comments and suggestions about the E88s from other peeps that have'em?

TIA,
John

Old 03-21-2011, 07:50 PM
Misanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant future
A member by the name of JEllis had them, you should send him PM and see what he has to say about them.

Old 03-21-2011, 08:53 PM
JEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond repute
Yep I had them...

No issues. I thought that one of them had a leak but it lasted 7 months while the car was in storage with no issues. So it was all in my head....

I did some research and found there are some quick fixes for insurance... such as using silicone where the pieces meet.

But again, mine ended up holding air just fine.

Also, I tracked these wheels and they saw far more abuse on the track than on the street (never really understood the made for the track instead of the street comments). Hitting the curbing on the track or the pot holes on Streets of Willow actually shocked me sometimes. I kept thinking that I had destroyed my wheels but they came out perfect every time. Besides, if I had bent a lip... a replacement lip is cheap compared to full wheel repair/replacement.

Jason

Old 03-22-2011, 09:18 PM
Thank You all for your replies!!!!!!!

Old 05-11-2011, 11:39 AM
Taffin will become famous soon enough
any idea then on what to use as a substitute for gold 88's??

love that look on a white 7.1 GT3

Old 05-11-2011, 12:08 PM
JEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond repute
DPE and CCW both have some wheels that mimic the E88 look and are available in custom finishes.

Or you could go with a set of BBS LM's or LM-R's and have the centers custom painted. Only available in 11" though and they are heavier. The LM-R's do not come in a wide range of offsets so you would need spacers even on a NB.

Jason

Old 05-11-2011, 12:51 PM
Taffin will become famous soon enough
James,

Are the LM available in correct offset?

Also I want to stay with 19" (I have steel brakes)

Do you have links for the other 2 types you mention?

Thanks Grant

Old 05-12-2011, 11:15 AM
L.A. Cab is on a distinguished road
FWIW, I have 19" E88s on my GT3, almost 12K on them with zero leaks. They are filled with Nitrogen. Recently had Tom at Lucent replace tires, we checked to see if any were out of round. No problems at all. From the start, when the centers were painted, we used silicone to mate the pieces which might have helped. 40% track use/60% street use. Maybe I am just lucky and have not experienced any problems...

Old 05-13-2011, 12:04 AM
PJS
PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !
I had them on my 996-3
Street and track
No issues

I will say that the polished lip is a ***** to keep clean

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 18" BBS E88 on NB 997.1 GT3 with PCCB question.