GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

997.2 GT3/basalt black arrived atlast...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-14-2011, 09:37 PM
sanchezdds has much to be proud ofsanchezdds has much to be proud ofsanchezdds has much to be proud ofsanchezdds has much to be proud ofsanchezdds has much to be proud ofsanchezdds has much to be proud ofsanchezdds has much to be proud ofsanchezdds has much to be proud ofsanchezdds has much to be proud of
Great looking car. The yellow dials make the car the more special in my view. I love the yellow contrast.

Old 08-14-2011, 11:43 PM
aak
aak is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by ScooterP
More pics under my albums. Just go visit and you will see more. I would like to have the yellow dials to go with the yellow stitching. I think that would really make it all pop. Again, congrats on your great car.

neat--they look pretty cool. I also see the image 9/23 "Interior Pan" and it's Not like I had imagined earlier at all..-- I thought earlier that too much deviated stitches would be overwhelming, it seems to perfectly fit in with the black/pccb combo.

again, in the image #2/23 "steering area" I love the way stock dials' titanium color face with yellow markers, orange needles + yellow deviated stitches goes.. pretty sweet!! I also like the chrono + stitching looks too.

Side_Note: looking at image #5/23, I'd still like classic 997.1 tail lights over the LED tail lights of 997.2 especially as it appears in the daytime--older lights seems to convey "pure business" IMHO.. not that I hate the newer gen LED tail lights or anything... In the dark both of them cool in their own way(s).

thanks again for uploading..

Old 08-14-2011, 11:55 PM
aak
Originally Posted by sanchezdds
Great looking car. The yellow dials make the car the more special in my view. I love the yellow contrast.
Thanks -- you are absolutely right.. that's what I realized too. dials make the car a little more uniq and adds personality to it.. everyone that got into my car loved it.. only one that didn't like it was my friend's 9 year old son he's a big porsche fan though, especially the turbo..

Old 08-15-2011, 01:07 PM
vinconist is on a distinguished road
congrats, yellow dials are better then silver dials

Old 08-15-2011, 02:12 PM
ScooterP is just really niceScooterP is just really niceScooterP is just really niceScooterP is just really nice
[quote=aak;3287259]neat--they look pretty cool. I also see the image 9/23 "Interior Pan" and it's Not like I had imagined earlier at all..-- I thought earlier that too much deviated stitches would be overwhelming, it seems to perfectly fit in with the black/pccb combo.

again, in the image #2/23 "steering area" I love the way stock dials' titanium color face with yellow markers, orange needles + yellow deviated stitches goes.. pretty sweet!! I also like the chrono + stitching looks too.

Side_Note: looking at image #5/23, I'd still like classic 997.1 tail lights over the LED tail lights of 997.2 especially as it appears in the daytime--older lights seems to convey "pure business" IMHO.. not that I hate the newer gen LED tail lights or anything... In the dark both of them cool in their own way(s).

I agree on the yellow stitching. It does not overwhelm the car like other colors can because it does fit with the SC and the yellow markers on the dials. Glad you enjoyed the pics - I just got done detailing the car and finally taking some decent pictures. I wish I was better at it than I am!

Old 08-15-2011, 02:50 PM
aak
Originally Posted by vinconist
congrats, yellow dials are better then silver dials
Thanks... well, I like both of them, if we can have mix of dial face colors in the cluster, that'd be interesting too

Old 08-15-2011, 02:57 PM
aak
Originally Posted by ScooterP
I agree on the yellow stitching. It does not overwhelm the car like other colors can because it does fit with the SC and the yellow markers on the dials. Glad you enjoyed the pics - I just got done detailing the car and finally taking some decent pictures. I wish I was better at it than I am!
sure.. no worries, the pictures were fine.. just that the "flash" was on as it was kind of dark outside... most cameras in "auto" or "preset" mode, w/o flash, just after dawn or just before sunset time or inside shadow during bright day usually yields pretty good pictures... I'll keep an eye on your album to see if you upload any more pictures in the future too.

Old 08-15-2011, 03:41 PM
floridaBMW has much to be proud offloridaBMW has much to be proud offloridaBMW has much to be proud offloridaBMW has much to be proud offloridaBMW has much to be proud offloridaBMW has much to be proud offloridaBMW has much to be proud offloridaBMW has much to be proud of
Gorgeous car, congrats!

Ken