Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

997.2 GT3/basalt black arrived atlast...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-04-2011, 11:02 PM
aak
aak is infamous around these parts
**dials/stitching pics** 997.2 GT3/basalt black arrived atlast...

Folks,

New to post-ing on to this forum -- have been an anonymous contributor so far. [just reading posts is contribution, too??! ;-) ]

Anyhow, just thought would share pics of my new 997.2 GT3..

quick config_options: Basalt Black/PCCB/Front axle lift/Dynamic Engine mounts/PCM3/Natural leather Grey interior/Sound package plus/deviated stitching..

I didn't get a chance to snap pix of the interior due to the bright lighting outside; then I have to leave the vehicle for clearbra install (frontal only)

Only thing I am not wild about this car are the yellow dials -- it's so-so :-/
May be looks good for a yellow lover. For me, I absolutely love the stock instrument cluster (center tacho dial in light grey and others in black)..

But everything else was good about this one, so had to go for it.. hope you guys will like it, too

Cheers../

Attached Images      

Last edited by aak; 08-10-2011 at 01:48 AM. Reason: title updated
Old 08-05-2011, 02:15 AM
997gt3LA is infamous around these parts
Congrats man, that looks beautiful, enjoy it and bring it out to the track when u have broken it in lol, we are going august 14 willow springs, pm me if ur up for it, but very nice color combo, loving it

Old 08-05-2011, 07:57 AM
drl
drl is a splendid one to beholddrl is a splendid one to beholddrl is a splendid one to beholddrl is a splendid one to beholddrl is a splendid one to beholddrl is a splendid one to beholddrl is a splendid one to behold
What's this track day Aug 14? I might be interested

Awesome looking car. Maybe you can switch out the dials? I think there was a discussion about this on Rennlist recently....

Old 08-05-2011, 08:22 AM
Basic Sponsor
SuncoastRyan is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastRyan is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastRyan is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastRyan is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastRyan is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastRyan is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastRyan is a splendid one to behold
Really cool touch with the ceramics and yellow gauges! Beautiful car.

ryan@suncoastparts.com

Old 08-05-2011, 09:24 AM
ScooterP is just really niceScooterP is just really niceScooterP is just really niceScooterP is just really nice
I'm a fan of the yellow dials with the PCCB. Looks great. What color is the stitching?

Old 08-05-2011, 11:07 AM
aak
Originally Posted by 997gt3LA
Congrats man, that looks beautiful, enjoy it and bring it out to the track when u have broken it in lol, we are going august 14 willow springs, pm me if ur up for it, but very nice color combo, loving it
sure thing, I'll just wait for the break in to be complete.. I have been planning to track for the past couple years -- just need to make sure I free my work schedule up..

Old 08-05-2011, 11:10 AM
aak
Originally Posted by drl
What's this track day Aug 14? I might be interested

Awesome looking car. Maybe you can switch out the dials? I think there was a discussion about this on Rennlist recently....
Thanks.. yes, I am thinking of switching it out or swapping out the dials to stock ones... Yellow on the dial is not my color -- not that it's bad or anything , I like the chrono in yellow in this car, though :-)

Old 08-05-2011, 11:15 AM
aak
Originally Posted by ScooterP
I'm a fan of the yellow dials with the PCCB. Looks great. What color is the stitching?
yep, some people like yellow combo a lot. I like the Yellow chrono + PCCB on a black or white porsche.. BTW, I also have the yellow deviated stitching on the dash + door handles + rear center console. doors + seats + PCM trims are in white stitching.. It's not too much or less of yellow stitching. pretty good. I'll try to upload some pics when I get my car back from the clearbra installer..

Old 08-05-2011, 11:17 AM
aak
Originally Posted by SuncoastRyan
Really cool touch with the ceramics and yellow gauges! Beautiful car.
thanks Ryan..

Old 08-05-2011, 11:25 AM
masmole is infamous around these parts
Congrats! What a beauty. I actually like the yellow dials on that car, matches the yellow pccb calipers, not that anyone other than its driver would notice.

Old 08-05-2011, 11:29 AM
uhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant future
The car is sick and yellow dials and chrono are an amazing with a grey interior - keep them! I have an RFP due in like 3 hours and I had to take the time to say something. GTG!

Old 08-05-2011, 11:36 AM
aak
Originally Posted by masmole
Congrats! What a beauty. I actually like the yellow dials on that car, matches the yellow pccb calipers, not that anyone other than its driver would notice.

you are spot on. That's what I figured too. Only when I was driving it was kind of bothering me, as if it was screaming for my attention.. When it's parked and view is from the side windows or if I was on the passenger side, it looks pretty cool -- has certain class and sportiness to it..

Old 08-05-2011, 11:39 AM
aak
Originally Posted by uhn2000
The car is sick and yellow dials and chrono are an amazing with a grey interior - keep them! I have an RFP due in like 3 hours and I had to take the time to say something. GTG!
thanks very much. appreciate you taking time to suggest/share your thoughts -- I am sure I'll start liking it shortly ;-)..

Old 08-05-2011, 11:57 AM
DD GT3 RD has much to be proud ofDD GT3 RD has much to be proud ofDD GT3 RD has much to be proud ofDD GT3 RD has much to be proud ofDD GT3 RD has much to be proud ofDD GT3 RD has much to be proud ofDD GT3 RD has much to be proud ofDD GT3 RD has much to be proud ofDD GT3 RD has much to be proud ofDD GT3 RD has much to be proud of
gorgeous!!! would love to see interior shots since u have 2 different stitching colors too!

Old 08-05-2011, 11:58 AM
sphinz is infamous around these partssphinz is infamous around these parts
Great looking car! I bought my basalt C4S pictured next to my name from Circle as well. Where in CA are you?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 997.2 GT3/basalt black arrived atlast...