GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Loudest exhaust ever:)?

Old 05-11-2005, 07:42 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Loudest exhaust ever:)?

Since a few of you have asked before and again now (that goes for you Craig lol) I did find a couple of videos from last year (December I think?) when I was running low boost at the drag strip. We never planned on making these, it was just James' idea for my car and then for James' GT2. It's a PIA to do and means hacking up a stock exhaust so I'm not sure we'll ever actually "sell" them or anything but if there's enough of you that want it I'll twist his arm to do it. Plus I can play with a plasma cutter

Right click and save as:

First video is at idle with some reving and flames. Oh and at 165mph...

http://www.mangogrits.com/akula/vids/straightpipes.wmv

Second one is what it sounds like in the 1/4mile. To give you an idea it stays almost as loud at the end of the track

http://www.mangogrits.com/akula/vids/another11.wmv

To sum up. It's super light, it's not pretty and it's downright loud and for OFFROAD use ONLY. Yes it shoots flames.... Don't ask it it resonates either

Old 05-11-2005, 07:45 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
here's a pic...

Attached Images  
Old 05-12-2005, 07:30 AM
rockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond repute
Nice Sharky!

Old 05-12-2005, 07:34 AM
buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !
Monkeyboy, love the flames and the turbo's sound like a jet turbine!

Wicked!

Old 05-12-2005, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by buddyg
Monkeyboy, love the flames and the turbo's sound like a jet turbine!

Wicked!
LOL pal.. it's the only way to travel....

Old 05-12-2005, 10:28 AM
GO 6SPEED!
DEETZ is on a distinguished road
Sharky: do your tips vibrate when you rev the car like those Honda Civics? Its funny to see them revving the vibrating exhaust LOL!

Old 05-12-2005, 11:53 AM
buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !
The Captain has turned on the fasten seat belt sign be sure you tray tables and seatbacks are in the upright and locked position.

Now grab your ankles and kiss your butt goodbye!

Old 05-12-2005, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by rockitman
Nice Sharky!
Thanks pal.. what we need is for a GT3 owner to come forward and say "Let's do this" lol...

Old 05-12-2005, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by DEETZ
Sharky: do your tips vibrate when you rev the car like those Honda Civics? Its funny to see them revving the vibrating exhaust LOL!
LOL no they don't.. remember.. it's just a striaght pipe 5 inches from the turbo flange to the back. The only thing that happens when I rev.. is flames

Old 05-12-2005, 05:18 PM
JamE55 is on a distinguished road
Alex,

The 1st clip where you're going 165mph+ was that on cali speedway? And if so how were you able to drive on their track or was that a special event? Can anyone run on their track? Last time i checked you have to be insured for a large amount of money or something like that. You can PM me if you like.

Thanks
p.s. Awsome run!

Old 05-12-2005, 08:37 PM
The Hot Banana
KO KAINE is on a distinguished road
damn sharky

Old 05-12-2005, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by JamE55
Alex,

The 1st clip where you're going 165mph+ was that on cali speedway? And if so how were you able to drive on their track or was that a special event? Can anyone run on their track? Last time i checked you have to be insured for a large amount of money or something like that. You can PM me if you like.

Thanks
p.s. Awsome run!
Hey man, actually it was J Van Overbeek or Darren Law on Vegas' speedway... It was a site for sore eyes I tell ya! During the morning my car had the top speed of 160 on the straight but then the MAF went and they had to run the car without PSM or ABS

Old 05-12-2005, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by KO KAINE
damn sharky
Loud is the only way to travel... Dem p1mps got ICE yo and James and I have loud exhausts