GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Frustrated

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-20-2012, 09:42 AM
Mr. B is a name known to allMr. B is a name known to allMr. B is a name known to allMr. B is a name known to allMr. B is a name known to allMr. B is a name known to all
Frustrated

Have owned my car for around 16 months, and have done a bunch of track days. Absolutely love the car.
I've kept it in my garage up until a few days ago but now I'm parking on the street in front of my house. The incline up my driveway to the garage is very slight, but the front spoiler scrapes on it most of the time. I've experimented with driving up and down the driveway using all the angles that space will allow, but scrapes almost always occur.

I give up. Street parking from now on.
Mr. B

Old 01-20-2012, 10:28 AM
m5trol has much to be proud ofm5trol has much to be proud ofm5trol has much to be proud ofm5trol has much to be proud ofm5trol has much to be proud ofm5trol has much to be proud ofm5trol has much to be proud ofm5trol has much to be proud of
Have you tried reversing into the garage?

Old 01-20-2012, 11:16 AM
SKXF430 has much to be proud ofSKXF430 has much to be proud ofSKXF430 has much to be proud ofSKXF430 has much to be proud ofSKXF430 has much to be proud ofSKXF430 has much to be proud ofSKXF430 has much to be proud ofSKXF430 has much to be proud ofSKXF430 has much to be proud ofSKXF430 has much to be proud of
Add a lift kit. It does come in very handy.

Old 01-20-2012, 11:38 AM
dark911 has a spectacular aura aboutdark911 has a spectacular aura aboutdark911 has a spectacular aura about
I owned many cars and none is scrap free. My point is, the bumper is suppose to scrap at the bottom.

As long as u dont hit hard i think it is normal to scrap the bottom when u enter a driveway.

I rather scrap than parking my car on the street.

Old 01-20-2012, 11:52 AM
SKXF430 has much to be proud ofSKXF430 has much to be proud ofSKXF430 has much to be proud ofSKXF430 has much to be proud ofSKXF430 has much to be proud ofSKXF430 has much to be proud ofSKXF430 has much to be proud ofSKXF430 has much to be proud ofSKXF430 has much to be proud ofSKXF430 has much to be proud of
The front lip is a consumable and isn't too expensive to replace.

Old 01-20-2012, 11:56 AM
ScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond repute
You have an easy solution, Driveway ramps. There's several different types. Just google Driveway Ramps and look around. This one's from GriotsGarage.com

Old 01-20-2012, 12:08 PM
anotherswordfis has much to be proud ofanotherswordfis has much to be proud ofanotherswordfis has much to be proud ofanotherswordfis has much to be proud ofanotherswordfis has much to be proud ofanotherswordfis has much to be proud ofanotherswordfis has much to be proud ofanotherswordfis has much to be proud of
Last week was sitting in the house and heard a loud crunch. Evidently, a young driver was going down our street and rear ended a car parked on the street right in front of my house (was my neighbor). The young driver's car ended up in the neighbor's lawn. Well, the driver tried to leave but was refrained from doing so until the Sheriff's office showed up. She was subsequently placed under arrest after failing a field sobriety test.

A front lip is cheap. You're putting a lot of faith in every driver that drives by the car.

Old 01-20-2012, 02:04 PM
Misanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by anotherswordfis
Last week was sitting in the house and heard a loud crunch. Evidently, a young driver was going down our street and rear ended a car parked on the street right in front of my house (was my neighbor). The young driver's car ended up in the neighbor's lawn. Well, the driver tried to leave but was refrained from doing so until the Sheriff's office showed up. She was subsequently placed under arrest after failing a field sobriety test.

A front lip is cheap. You're putting a lot of faith in every driver that drives by the car.
+1 They are like 300 bucks. Probably the cheapest thing for the car. replace once a season, no big deal.

Old 01-20-2012, 02:49 PM
Mr. B is a name known to allMr. B is a name known to allMr. B is a name known to allMr. B is a name known to allMr. B is a name known to allMr. B is a name known to all
Originally Posted by m5trol
Have you tried reversing into the garage?
Still scrapes.
Mr. B

Old 01-20-2012, 02:52 PM
Hey Everyone,
Many thanks for the very excellent suggestions.
I will follow up on all of them.
In the meanwhile, I live in a quite community at the end of a cul-de-sac.
Lots of mature folks. Very safe.
But, I do want to get back into the garage.
Thanks again.
Mr. B

Old 01-20-2012, 07:40 PM
TRAKCAR is a glorious beacon of lightTRAKCAR is a glorious beacon of lightTRAKCAR is a glorious beacon of lightTRAKCAR is a glorious beacon of lightTRAKCAR is a glorious beacon of light
Just buy more flexible cup lip.
Scrape and ignore. Shoe polish and replace as needed.

Scraping builds character

Replacing it takes 10 seconds

Old 01-20-2012, 07:50 PM
JEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond repute
I scraped mine daily. When it got unsightly, I used Black Magic on it which re dyed it. After the lip was real chewed up I would replace it.

Painted front lips on GT3s make no sense....

Jason

Old 01-21-2012, 08:14 AM
Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
Just buy more flexible cup lip.
Scrape and ignore. Shoe polish and replace as needed.

Scraping builds character

Replacing it takes 10 seconds
Isn't the cup lip even lower to the ground?
Mr. B

Old 01-21-2012, 09:42 AM
glenndubiel can only hope to improve
feel the same driveway limits my car choices..no gt3 kits, no exotics with long noses, until I move. Should I make the kids switch school districts so I can drive cars of my choice? I'm not, but it crosses my mind everyday.

Old 01-21-2012, 09:47 AM
glenndubiel can only hope to improve
see driveway...behind bumper..in good company

Last edited by glenndubiel; 01-21-2012 at 09:50 AM. Reason: no pic

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Frustrated