GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Nor cal Track time

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-14-2012, 11:06 AM
moester76 is on a distinguished road
Nor cal Track time

members,

I'm a new owner of a black GT3 and would like to start taking her to the track.
i'm in the bay area in california. Is it a good idea to join a racing club if so which one would members in this area recommend?

thanks.

Old 04-14-2012, 11:51 AM
QuickTurns is on a distinguished road
Congrats on your new car! You're going to love it :-) No need to join a "racing club" per se but some organizations give you a small discount for an annual membership fee, others you'll just have to register. We're lucky here in NorCal with 3 tracks (LS, SP, and T-Hill) and several good track organizations. Go to "motorsportreg.com" and you'll find all the dates at the tracks with the various groups. Happy Drivings .

Old 04-14-2012, 05:07 PM
Mcgyver has a spectacular aura aboutMcgyver has a spectacular aura aboutMcgyver has a spectacular aura about
I'm running with "Hooked on Driving" at Infineon on the 23rd. Good group of people.

Old 04-14-2012, 06:09 PM
Charsiu will become famous soon enoughCharsiu will become famous soon enough
T-Hill is probably the safest track out of all 3 in NorCal and is pretty fun to do some casual tracking.

Try look into NCRC racing events, they are pretty cheap

Old 04-15-2012, 01:24 AM
gstahl is a jewel in the roughgstahl is a jewel in the roughgstahl is a jewel in the rough
I run with PCA-GGR, great folks, good instructors. Also with POC more socal race oriented but serious and seriously fun folks. Also HoD, good group. A couple notes about the groups of cars...

PCA: mixed bag of usually porsches
POC: their time trial group is a quick group of porsches
HoD: mixed group cars

All in all lots of choices and good tracks within reach from the bay area.

Old 04-16-2012, 04:37 PM
tightie is on a distinguished road
If you would like to drive down to Willow Springs, Speed District is hosting a open track day on May 4th. You will have hours of track time.

Old 04-21-2012, 10:05 PM
Etchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond repute
Agree NCRC is a good time. I also run with CFRA- we have another LS event coming up end if May. TH is a blast- fast and safe. I enjoy road trips as well so this is a treat but does require a sleep over the night before if coming in from the bay.

Congrats on the new GT3- you will live the track!

Old 04-22-2012, 03:31 PM
denversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond repute
My recommendation is to join PCA and start to attend their DE's and events. You will quickly find out whether you prefer to be a partier or racer or both with them. PCA is always a great place to start.