GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Recommendations on getting a car shipped...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-07-2012, 05:56 PM
spooling is on a distinguished road
does anyone have any good stories having to do with auto shipping besides plycar or intercity? What about exotic carrier inc?

Old 05-08-2012, 05:06 AM
Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Mikelly
This is the type of nonsense that is making me think about flying in on a Thursday night and driving it home over a 3 day weekend.

1st Congratulations on the new car!!!

This is what I did when I got mine but I only had to go to Texas. Can't wait to drop by and check her out when she is home

Old 05-22-2012, 05:05 PM
Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !
Still no car... Waiting... Ugh...

Old 05-28-2012, 05:24 AM
Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !
Just wanted to update this... Still no car. Reliable Carriers is the equivolent to "Slow boat to China". I can only hope that the car isn't damaged and doesn't have any additional miles on it. We booked on May 10th. I had other companies for the same approximate price (within $50.) promise delivery within 7 days. My car has been sitting in their Michigan storage facility since May 20th. Communication has been poor and I'd have never booked with them had I thought for a second that it would take this long to get a car Shipped from Camarillo, California to Spotsylvania Va.

Yea, I'm disgusted...

Old 05-28-2012, 06:21 AM
Glock Guru is a splendid one to beholdGlock Guru is a splendid one to beholdGlock Guru is a splendid one to beholdGlock Guru is a splendid one to beholdGlock Guru is a splendid one to beholdGlock Guru is a splendid one to beholdGlock Guru is a splendid one to behold
Sorry to hear this. I know it's after the fact, but next time call Jim at Intercity. They have never let me down.

Old 07-15-2012, 12:08 PM
SweetChinMusic is on a distinguished road
Sorry to hear about your dissatisfaction with your car shipment.

I've used United Routes (www.unitedroutes.com) on numerous occasions to ship cars, and they've never let me down.
My last shipment, receiving a '69 Firebird Trans-am was shipped to me from Charlotte to Boston, in an Enclosed Trailer. The service was Top Notch and the car arrived in a timely fashion.

Their number is 1-866-352-8180
email: sales@unitedroutes.com

Old 07-16-2012, 04:21 PM
Just wanted to update this thread... I did manage to eventually get the car. May 29th, actually. I did complain to the folks at reliable, and wouldn't consider them again. I WOULD recommend shopping around and making sure that whoever you decide to use understands how the car should be shipped. The PLUS side of Reliable was the fact that they did have her buttoned up properly for the trip. You don't want some idiot with chains on the control arms or other suspension components that can break.

Mike