GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Recommendations on getting a car shipped...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-04-2012, 10:40 AM
Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !
Recommendations on getting a car shipped...

Gang, Im' looking for recommendations on getting a 2004 GT3 shipped from California to Virginia...

Any recommendations appreciated... Send them to me at dat74z@yahoo.com

Mike Kelly

Old 05-04-2012, 11:12 AM
casper is just really nicecasper is just really nicecasper is just really nicecasper is just really nicecasper is just really nice
i had my gt3 shipped from cali to va by gran turismo motorsports. they did a great job. my first choice was intercity lines but they were backed up due to auctions on the west coast. i'm sure both would do a great job for you

Old 05-04-2012, 11:29 AM
Bill in Atlanta has much to be proud ofBill in Atlanta has much to be proud ofBill in Atlanta has much to be proud ofBill in Atlanta has much to be proud ofBill in Atlanta has much to be proud ofBill in Atlanta has much to be proud ofBill in Atlanta has much to be proud ofBill in Atlanta has much to be proud of
Plycar..

They did an INCREDIBLE job shipping both my 07 GT3 to Cali and my new '11RS to Georgia.

Have used several others over the years....Passport, TNT and Intercity several times. Plycar much better than the others. I dealt directly with the owners son (Nicholas Pliaconis) and service was incredible.

I told them I would be in LA for 24 hours to inspect the car, and if possible would like to have it shipped while I was there. Their response was "what time do you want it picked up ?". Intercity would only commit to pickup between Wed and Sunday; Plycar was at sellers house at 8am PT on Wed morning--car loaded up top in the nose. Was in my garage in Atlanta 3pm ET on Saturday with zero miles and perfect shape.

Would not hesitate to use them again. Hope this helps

Bill

Old 05-04-2012, 01:14 PM
Glock Guru is a splendid one to beholdGlock Guru is a splendid one to beholdGlock Guru is a splendid one to beholdGlock Guru is a splendid one to beholdGlock Guru is a splendid one to beholdGlock Guru is a splendid one to beholdGlock Guru is a splendid one to behold
Intercity! I have used then several times, with several cars.

-Troy

Old 05-04-2012, 01:41 PM
David9962000 has a reputation beyond reputeDavid9962000 has a reputation beyond reputeDavid9962000 has a reputation beyond reputeDavid9962000 has a reputation beyond reputeDavid9962000 has a reputation beyond reputeDavid9962000 has a reputation beyond reputeDavid9962000 has a reputation beyond reputeDavid9962000 has a reputation beyond reputeDavid9962000 has a reputation beyond reputeDavid9962000 has a reputation beyond reputeDavid9962000 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Glock Guru
Intercity! I have used then several times, with several cars.

-Troy
+1 Great experience with Intercity twice.

Old 05-04-2012, 01:56 PM
eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by casper
i had my gt3 shipped from cali to va by gran turismo motorsports. they did a great job. my first choice was intercity lines but they were backed up due to auctions on the west coast. i'm sure both would do a great job for you
+1 I had my TT shipped from PA to CA, no problems and great service.

Old 05-04-2012, 02:55 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
Old 05-04-2012, 04:04 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by casper
A second vote for GT Motorsports - I have used them twice, once for a two and from transport to Ruf Dallas, and a second time for a transport from Houston to Milwaukee when I bought my GT3.

Old 05-04-2012, 08:26 PM
jasebird is on a distinguished road
REGAL AUTO TRANSPORT......I just received my car from Scottsdale and they were really good, the car was well cared for. Im in Richmond Va.

Old 05-04-2012, 11:50 PM
Engine Guy Is a GOD !Engine Guy Is a GOD !Engine Guy Is a GOD !Engine Guy Is a GOD !Engine Guy Is a GOD !Engine Guy Is a GOD !Engine Guy Is a GOD !Engine Guy Is a GOD !Engine Guy Is a GOD !Engine Guy Is a GOD !Engine Guy Is a GOD !
DO NOT USE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I recently used

Alamo USA Inc
out of Freehold NJ
1 347 916-0035

DO NOT USE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It was the worst experience ever. They messed me around for three days with delivering the car. When they were to deliver it they ran it out of Gas burning out one of the fuel pumps after cranking on it for ever. They let the car idle at one of there stops for hours while moving cars around on the trailer. I just looked at the DME I had done when I PPI'ed the car and the one I just had done when imported the car and there was 5 more hours on the DME and and only 140 miles... So Hmm how long did they let it idle for to run it out of fuel. Grrrrrrr

The driver was stopped by DOT and detained for 36 hours, then he was arrested by Border patrol for who know what reason, then he was scaled and had to move cars around where he ran my car practically dry. Then his co driver touched my car with greasy gloves both outside and inside after repeated requests to not touch my car.

The driver tried to take apart the car to dump fuel in the intake to try and make it run, when I would not let him do that then he wanted to pull out the airfilter to spray quick start in the intake. The things he said to his co driver in Russian were quite over the top. Little did he know ;-)

Their shipping ticket has disclaimers on the back that says they are basically not responsible for any damage other than major body damage. They can do engine, transmission or powertrain damage and they are not responsible for it because exotic cars are tempermantal beasts.... And they are not responsile to damage to low slung items such as mufflers, lip spoilers... ETC ETC... They are not responsible for nicks and scratches due to tieing down a car because small chit happens!!!!

Please feel free to call them and talk to Felix and tell them that you will never use them as a result of there service you heard about on here.... His making it right was offering $100.00 off the price of shipping

There is alot more to this story but the warning above in enough.

Last edited by Engine Guy; 05-05-2012 at 12:19 AM.
Old 05-04-2012, 11:57 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
^

Wow. This is the story that frightens people enough to never trust a transport company! Sorry to hear it happened.

Old 05-05-2012, 12:05 AM
Engine Guy Is a GOD !Engine Guy Is a GOD !Engine Guy Is a GOD !Engine Guy Is a GOD !Engine Guy Is a GOD !Engine Guy Is a GOD !Engine Guy Is a GOD !Engine Guy Is a GOD !Engine Guy Is a GOD !Engine Guy Is a GOD !Engine Guy Is a GOD !
Yeah my shipment went through a broker and they are beside themself with all the trouble this has been. They have offered to not make a dime on the whole ordeal and have said sorry about 1,000,000 times. Really all I wanted was a trouble free delivery. That is why I paid the cash for an enclosed transport and I did not haggle on the price.

OH yeah Alamo also say they are not responsible for leaky vehicles... Namely they could park your car under another vehicle that is leaking something like brake fluid and they are not responsible for any damage!!!!!!

I tried intercity but they said they do not deliver in MT due to restrictive laws.

Lesson learned.

Last edited by Engine Guy; 05-05-2012 at 01:35 PM. Reason: tie-poe's
Old 05-05-2012, 05:13 AM
Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !
This is the type of nonsense that is making me think about flying in on a Thursday night and driving it home over a 3 day weekend.

Old 05-05-2012, 07:37 AM
PJS
PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !
3rd vote for gran Turismo - owner ken gold is a no nonsense guy that gets it

RAC performance to Seattle in less than 10 days from my initial call

Old 05-07-2012, 04:39 PM
Read a few online reviews about several shippers. I won't drag up the bad on several mentioned here, but Thomas Sunday got five stars!

Mike

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Recommendations on getting a car shipped...