GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Will the 4.0 RS hold it's value.........

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-24-2012, 04:28 PM
CM911 will become famous soon enoughCM911 will become famous soon enough
Exclamation Will the 4.0 RS hold it's value.........

Guys I know this is speculation at this point, but do you believe the 4.0 RS will hold it's value? Is paying 40k over a big financial mistake? Will it drop like a rock when the 991 RS comes out? What's everyone's opinion? Where do we think prices on these cars will be four years from now? Does anyone think they will go up in value, maybe even past the 40-50k over many people have paid? Can't wait to hear everyones thoughts.

Old 07-24-2012, 05:42 PM
Sharp has much to be proud ofSharp has much to be proud ofSharp has much to be proud ofSharp has much to be proud ofSharp has much to be proud ofSharp has much to be proud ofSharp has much to be proud ofSharp has much to be proud of
I think it's a very special car, if you go in with simply that attitude you golden, don't buy a car as an investment, seldom does that ever work out, The CGT, 959 and possibly 918 are all pioneers and special cars that will always hold value or appreciate, but the 4.0 is still a 911, it may be the best yet, but that can always change... Others may argue that the 991 no matter what iteration it is will never be as sharp, and in certain aspects I agree, but I would buy it to enjoy it, not loose sleep over it being a failed investment...
If the 991 steering issues are not addressed, I see the 4.0 holding value, but it's a tall order for it to appreciate IMO

Old 07-24-2012, 05:57 PM
Flip will become famous soon enough
It will hold its value if you define "value" as "enjoyment of driving a rare, high performance car". If you define "value" as "making a financial return on the investment".....high risk. Way to fickle of a market in future value of vehicles. Best not be a cornerstone of your portfolio

Old 07-24-2012, 08:07 PM
stef430 has a spectacular aura aboutstef430 has a spectacular aura about
My CGT hasn't held its value - it is holding decently but far below sticker (or my discounted sticker) - my 993TT is holding well too - and my 73 RS is climbing as is my 57 Speedster. My GT3RS? it will drop - may stabilize but I expect to lose money -

Cars are depreciating assets - period. Buying them for an investment is a mistake - buying them to enjoy and get value from that perspective and you will always be in the money. NOw, I have some cars that are appreciating assets but make no mistake, I bought them because I wanted them - and wanted to drive them.... upside is fortuitous and not planned

Old 07-24-2012, 08:25 PM
Sharp has much to be proud ofSharp has much to be proud ofSharp has much to be proud ofSharp has much to be proud ofSharp has much to be proud ofSharp has much to be proud ofSharp has much to be proud ofSharp has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by stef430
My CGT hasn't held its value - it is holding decently but far below sticker (or my discounted sticker) - my 993TT is holding well too - and my 73 RS is climbing as is my 57 Speedster. My GT3RS? it will drop - may stabilize but I expect to lose money -

Cars are depreciating assets - period. Buying them for an investment is a mistake - buying them to enjoy and get value from that perspective and you will always be in the money. NOw, I have some cars that are appreciating assets but make no mistake, I bought them because I wanted them - and wanted to drive them.... upside is fortuitous and not planned
Sounds like I need to see your stable!! Awesome choices!!

Old 07-24-2012, 09:16 PM

Perfect answer! Thank you so much.

Old 07-24-2012, 11:25 PM
mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !
RS4.0 is way over priced POS. dont buy it. it will tank in value for sure.

Old 07-25-2012, 05:24 AM
Originally Posted by mooty
RS4.0 is way over priced POS. dont buy it. it will tank in value for sure.
I'm sold! I'll pay the 50k over sticker! Haha

Old 07-26-2012, 12:20 PM
nacelle is on a distinguished road

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
This....................

Old 07-28-2012, 06:55 AM
jaxxonR8 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Flip
It will hold its value if you define "value" as "enjoyment of driving a rare, high performance car". If you define "value" as "making a financial return on the investment".....high risk. Way to fickle of a market in future value of vehicles. Best not be a cornerstone of your portfolio
Agreed x2 ^^^^^ Very well put Flip

Old 07-28-2012, 09:08 AM
DERBOOST is a glorious beacon of lightDERBOOST is a glorious beacon of lightDERBOOST is a glorious beacon of lightDERBOOST is a glorious beacon of lightDERBOOST is a glorious beacon of light
You don't buy new modern cars to make money,and you never borrow money on any depreciating asset. Yes it will probably hold its value after it drops 50% off sticker Personally I would never pay anything over sticker for any car. And i've bought some serious exotics over the years.

Old 07-29-2012, 04:51 AM
Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !
Derboost and Stef430 nailed it.

Mike

Old 07-29-2012, 08:47 AM
turbodickie has a spectacular aura aboutturbodickie has a spectacular aura aboutturbodickie has a spectacular aura about
Never pay over sticker. It will not hold its value. Have fun driving it, that's the only value.

Old 08-01-2012, 01:24 PM
JonnyD330 is on a distinguished road
Nope, I agree with everyone else get it to drive not to make money on.

Old 08-01-2012, 08:05 PM
Bargo is on a distinguished road
I don't think paying that much over sticker is worth it, but I think it will hold its value better because the 991 gt3 only comes in automatic - and I know a lot of people buy the gt3 for the MT / driving experience

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Will the 4.0 RS hold it's value.........