GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

My CGT at the track

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-14-2005, 10:27 PM
raygr is infamous around these parts
My CGT at the track

Hi gang,

A few days ago, I did my first track day in my CGT at Pacific Raceways (near Seattle). This car is phenomenal. Just mind blowing.

The CGT is so far above any of my other cars on the track. (Over the years, I've tracked my 996s, 996TT, 996GT3, 997S, Challenge Stradale, and Vette).

I knew the CGT was great on twisty roads, but it all makes sense on a track: side to side transitions are flat and razor sharp; bumps and undulations are soaked up and don't disturb the suspension; cornering forces are incredible! I was able to go fast in places where I was afraid to in other cars. I was grinning in amazement the whole time.

Of course, the acceleration was good, but the real story is the responsiveness of the controls. You simply turn the wheel, and it turns. You press the throttle, and you instantly get more speed. You push hard on the brakes, and you stop with mountainous force. Never would I say this car is hard to control. If I felt it was hard to control, I would not have had the confidence to drive as fast as I did on the track.

Steering never felt nervous; it was solid and precise. The engine wail has a very unique tone to it. I noticed the TC lighting up while going over some humps in the road (turn 4-5); the car probably getting light. Heel-and-toeing was very nice. There was a slight notchiness when downshifting to 2nd that goofed me up a little. The engine is so strong, I could do a whole lap in 3rd and be competive with the other cars!

While driving that day, I thought often of Ben lj (RIP). It was his messages about his CGT track experiences that helped me decide to get a CGT. Ben's crash, just a week before, reinforced my cautious track habits. However, I have never driven a car as safe as a CGT on the track. Without a doubt, the responsiveness and reflexes of the CGT adds security. Ben's sad demise happened at very high speeds, and was, in all probability, beyond his control.

The CGT is an incredible achievement for Porsche. I truely wish more Porsche fans could drive this amazing car.

Attached Images  
Old 06-14-2005, 10:27 PM
We had an Enzo at the track that day too!

Attached Images  
Old 06-14-2005, 10:47 PM
alamein is infamous around these parts
Thumbs up

very very nice ... car and writeup.

Old 06-14-2005, 10:53 PM
kunal has a spectacular aura aboutkunal has a spectacular aura aboutkunal has a spectacular aura about
ray,

What track day was this, privately reserved or through some group? I see there were quite a wide variety of cars.

Kunal

Old 06-14-2005, 11:47 PM
LIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant future
how did the Enzo do vs. the CGT?

Old 06-15-2005, 12:14 AM
Originally posted by kunal
ray,

What track day was this, privately reserved or through some group? I see there were quite a wide variety of cars.

Kunal
It was a privately reserved day for the Forza Xbox game team. I was invited as a friend of the organizer.

Old 06-15-2005, 12:17 AM
Originally posted by LIL RAJA
how did the Enzo do vs. the CGT?
I don't think he was trying very hard - he was kind of slow when I was out with him. I think he later drove it harder, but I never ran into him on the track.

One thing for sure - I like the sound of the CGT better than the Enzo at full wail.

Old 06-15-2005, 12:19 AM
Jet
Jet is infamous around these parts
there is nothing tighter than a black cgt, matt you reading this?

Old 06-15-2005, 01:15 AM
bottomline is infamous around these partsbottomline is infamous around these parts
The CGT looks like a real driver's car to me...

Seeing the Enzo on pavement it looks almost too fragile to do anything with; maybe somewhat of a novelty to me. :-\

Black looks INSANE on the CGT. Glad you are enjoying it.

Old 06-15-2005, 01:47 AM
Proteinbeast is infamous around these parts
If i recall the guy with the Enzo also did some sound clips of his 250 GTO for an Xbox game, i'm assuming Forza as well.

Can't wait to get out to PR to watch the histroics in July.

Old 06-15-2005, 02:21 AM
Ryan in SD is a name known to allRyan in SD is a name known to allRyan in SD is a name known to allRyan in SD is a name known to allRyan in SD is a name known to allRyan in SD is a name known to all
Excellent, thanks for sharing.

BTW, whats the deal with warranty.....?

Old 06-15-2005, 06:49 AM
hah
Banned
hah is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by raygr
One thing for sure - I like the sound of the CGT better than the Enzo at full wail.
Agree with you 200%

Old 06-15-2005, 07:31 AM
buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !
Glad to see you enjoying the car as it was intended to be used on the track! I love the black! Awesome car and yeah I wish I could afford to experience one. Maybe someday!

It has become the car I ultimately want to own over any other!

Congrats!

Old 06-15-2005, 08:37 AM
Bri
EE
Bri has a spectacular aura aboutBri has a spectacular aura about
nice car Ray! Glad you had so much fun with it! Keep it safe man!

Just a question bro, you traded in the CS, 360 spider and 997S for the CGT and 996 GT3? Post some pics of your new stable now!

Old 06-15-2005, 09:38 AM
buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !
I am guessing your GT was the fastest car on the track that day?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My CGT at the track