GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Darth Vader SharkWerks 3.9L GT3 Build: RSS Everything & HRE P43SC Wheels

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-06-2013, 12:27 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Talking Darth Vader SharkWerks 3.9L GT3 Build: RSS Everything & HRE P43SC Wheels

This black on black mean-looking Vader 997.1 GT3 came up to us from RSS our chums in Southern California. Having been completely outfitted with the full line of RSS Tarmac suspension parts, transmission re-geared, LWF conversion, KW Clubsport coilovers, RSS roll bar a set of P43SC HRE wheels there was only one rather large stone left to turn over... ze SharkWerks 3.9 engine!

Off the transport and already you can tell she's not your stock GT3 (that's a 2011 RS tail...):

Straight on to the lift and off with the bumper, a full Cargraphic exhaust...

Out comes the stock 3.6 engine:

Stripping her down in the engine room:

Getting down to the block:

Stock cams:

Out come the old hydraulic lifters (always replace these):

Those 3.6 Ps & Cs:

This is what a healthy 30K miles worth of heads look like:

And now down to the rods and studs (new bearings, rod bolts recommend on cars with 20K plus miles or heave track usage):

Clean up on isle 5:

While the engine parts get washed for assembly let's have a look at some of our SharkWerks 3.9 goodies:

The heads getting set up for our spec (a few secret sauce things in here):

Assembly with our 3.9L pistons:

Our EVOMS head gasket kit:

Along with the rest of the assembly we also do our coolant pipe fix and pair of new pipes to boot.

The ECU (previous tuned with the EVOMSit stage 1 software) is upgraded to our 3.9 mapping on 91 octane:

Normally when we get a 3.9L project to work on we add a few RSS trimmings such as their lower control arms, toe-steer and dog bones but as you can see she's already got the lot and been using them for a couple of years:

She's a bit of a looker with those light-weight satin black HRE P43SC wheels:

Along with the 3.8 RS tail the airbox is also changed to the dual-inlet version:

After her break-in and first oil change she's ready to go back home to Southern California:

Attached Images                                 

Last edited by sharkster; 08-06-2013 at 01:04 PM.
Old 08-06-2013, 01:27 PM
TYE
TYE will become famous soon enough
Awesome build. Did this car use the OEM rear decklid and wing, or was it aftermarket? And by the way, I think those are the P44SC. P43SC has 1 extra spoke.

Last edited by TYE; 08-06-2013 at 01:35 PM.
Old 08-06-2013, 09:55 PM
DLJ
DLJ is a splendid one to beholdDLJ is a splendid one to beholdDLJ is a splendid one to beholdDLJ is a splendid one to beholdDLJ is a splendid one to beholdDLJ is a splendid one to beholdDLJ is a splendid one to beholdDLJ is a splendid one to behold
That's Darth Vader cool alright !

Old 08-06-2013, 11:01 PM
Zippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond repute
Good to see you're still having fun Alex!

Old 08-07-2013, 06:11 AM
Slik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond repute
Outstanding build as always.

Old 08-07-2013, 06:57 AM
TurboDogue is just really niceTurboDogue is just really niceTurboDogue is just really niceTurboDogue is just really niceTurboDogue is just really nice
I can hear the French horns and the kettle drums of the Empire now.....don don di don don di don don di don.

Old 08-07-2013, 10:24 AM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by TurboDogue
I can hear the French horns and the kettle drums of the Empire now.....don don di don don di don don di don.
LOL! I was thinking with a bit of a Jaws theme for sharkweek...
Originally Posted by Slik560
Outstanding build as always.
Thank you sir!
Originally Posted by Zippy
Good to see you're still having fun Alex!
Thanks Mike! Good to see you on here too; what have you been up to?!
Originally Posted by DLJ
That's Darth Vader cool alright !

Originally Posted by RSSmike
OEM RS decklid, wing, uprights and airbox!
Yep well done... when I first saw it and went to pop the lid; Stephen says, "Don't worry I've got the proper airbox in there too....".
Originally Posted by TYE
Awesome build. Did this car use the OEM rear decklid and wing, or was it aftermarket? And by the way, I think those are the P44SC. P43SC has 1 extra spoke.
See above and you're hired and I'm fired. That was a typo.. P44 indeed

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	darth-vader.jpg
Views:	4149
Size:	177.4 KB
ID:	268221  
Old 08-07-2013, 10:38 AM
TurboDogue is just really niceTurboDogue is just really niceTurboDogue is just really niceTurboDogue is just really niceTurboDogue is just really nice
Alex it is Shark week on Discovery. Maybe consider Megaladon????? We need a segment devoted to Sharkwerks as part of Sharkweek! Great white vs Blue Fin etc.

Last edited by TurboDogue; 08-08-2013 at 06:46 AM.
Old 08-07-2013, 12:04 PM
Banned
porka has a brilliant futureporka has a brilliant futureporka has a brilliant futureporka has a brilliant futureporka has a brilliant futureporka has a brilliant futureporka has a brilliant futureporka has a brilliant futureporka has a brilliant futureporka has a brilliant futureporka has a brilliant future
god damn this car looks good - giving me some ideas for my 997

Old 08-08-2013, 05:29 PM
Originally Posted by TurboDogue
Alex it is Shark week on Discovery. Maybe consider Megaladon????? We need a segment devoted to Sharkwerks as part of Sharkweek! Great white vs Blue Fin etc.
LOL! The only segments we have were sadly on Speed and not Discovery:
http://sharkwerks.com/porsche/magazi...d-channel.html

Or really old!

And even with the NFL guys haha:
http://www.streetfire.net/video/amani-toomers-911-turbo-modded-sharkwerks-on-in_187440.htm
Originally Posted by porka
god damn this car looks good - giving me some ideas for my 997
LOL! I thought you weren't going to mod this one

Old 08-10-2013, 07:59 PM
Perk10 has a reputation beyond reputePerk10 has a reputation beyond reputePerk10 has a reputation beyond reputePerk10 has a reputation beyond reputePerk10 has a reputation beyond reputePerk10 has a reputation beyond reputePerk10 has a reputation beyond reputePerk10 has a reputation beyond reputePerk10 has a reputation beyond reputePerk10 has a reputation beyond reputePerk10 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by sharkster
LOL! The only segments we have were sadly on Speed and not Discovery:
http://sharkwerks.com/porsche/magazi...d-channel.html

Or really old!
http://youtu.be/oghZBJl1jjA

And even with the NFL guys haha:
Amani Toomer's 911 Turbo Modded @ SharkWerks on In by sharkwerks - Car Videos on StreetFire

LOL! I thought you weren't going to mod this one
Geez, I still remember watching step by step when Fred was actively modding his RS. Those were good days

Old 08-12-2013, 05:34 PM
Originally Posted by Perk10
Geez, I still remember watching step by step when Fred was actively modding his RS. Those were good days
Ah those were the days eh? We were young....

Old 08-14-2013, 07:48 PM
Got to break her in and now really rail on her before pick up. I have to say this is probably one of the fastest 3.9s yet. It's regeared and with the updated intake etc... fast fish!