GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

SALE STOP on all GT3's

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-20-2014, 12:39 PM
FLAT6KING will become famous soon enoughFLAT6KING will become famous soon enough
So are they going to prorate payments for your car since they want you to bring it back to the dealership?

Old 02-20-2014, 01:46 PM
Mr. B is a name known to allMr. B is a name known to allMr. B is a name known to allMr. B is a name known to allMr. B is a name known to allMr. B is a name known to all
More news: http://usat.ly/1eXcQTk

Mr. B

Old 02-20-2014, 02:12 PM
512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of
This is just sad coming from Porsche. Hope they get to the bottom of it and quickly.

Old 02-20-2014, 03:57 PM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Frustrating. I currently have a 991 GT3 in my garage that cannot be driven, because it, along with every other GT3 in the US, have to go back to the dealer on a flatbed for inspection, diagnosis, and repair, so it doesn't catch on fire. Makes the routine arguments on here about Porsche quality being vastly superior over Corvette (or Nissan, for that matter), that much more laughable to me.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1290.jpg
Views:	186
Size:	925.3 KB
ID:	336800  
Old 02-20-2014, 06:01 PM
FLAT6KING will become famous soon enoughFLAT6KING will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Divexxtreme
Frustrating. I currently have a 991 GT3 in my garage that cannot be driven, because it, along with every other GT3 in the US, have to go back to the dealer on a flatbed for inspection, diagnosis, and repair, so it doesn't catch on fire. Makes the routine arguments on here about Porsche quality being vastly superior over Corvette (or Nissan, for that matter), that much more laughable to me.
Well, yeah but this is like the first major screw up in a long time. If I was GM I'd jump on this opportunity to sell more Vettes. The magic question should be which one of us will say to hell with their GT3 and scoop up a regular turbo. Meanwhile, guys like me will buy those GT3's and will be roasting marshmallows on the track 6 weeks later.

Last edited by FLAT6KING; 02-20-2014 at 07:39 PM.
Old 02-20-2014, 07:03 PM
Bluehinder has much to be proud ofBluehinder has much to be proud ofBluehinder has much to be proud ofBluehinder has much to be proud ofBluehinder has much to be proud ofBluehinder has much to be proud ofBluehinder has much to be proud ofBluehinder has much to be proud ofBluehinder has much to be proud ofBluehinder has much to be proud of
I got the call today, and email. It's not that big a deal to me. It'll sit for a while till they sort it out. They were very professional and caring, offered a loaner, pick up and delivery. I applaud the way Porsche is taking care of things. I have no problem with their approach. They'll get it taken care of. Like this is the first car that has teething problems.

Old 02-21-2014, 05:49 AM
335_II is on a distinguished road
Ridiculous

Old 02-21-2014, 06:52 AM
handdoc will become famous soon enough
theres an article in USA Today today discussing the indefinite stop

Old 02-21-2014, 06:54 AM
zedosix has much to be proud ofzedosix has much to be proud ofzedosix has much to be proud ofzedosix has much to be proud ofzedosix has much to be proud ofzedosix has much to be proud ofzedosix has much to be proud ofzedosix has much to be proud ofzedosix has much to be proud of
First off, I'm sad to hear about the problems with the GT3, but doesn't Porsche do thousands of miles of testing before dropping the car on the market and then having to deal with this mess. Would they not of had similar problems???
I'm happy in a way I bought the tts but still real sad for all the guys who got so pumped and then having to sit there idle while solutions are being sought.

Old 02-21-2014, 07:07 AM
Mr. B is a name known to allMr. B is a name known to allMr. B is a name known to allMr. B is a name known to allMr. B is a name known to allMr. B is a name known to all
This may just be me, but I have always waited a year or two after a new model is introduced to allow for bug fixes.
I waited on the BMW e46 M3 until they got the engine problem fixed, and had zero problems with mine.
I was planning on waiting for this new GT3, and I will continue to wait.
Mr. B

Old 02-21-2014, 07:45 AM
CTAudiFan is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Bluehinder
I got the call today, and email. It's not that big a deal to me. It'll sit for a while till they sort it out. They were very professional and caring, offered a loaner, pick up and delivery. I applaud the way Porsche is taking care of things. I have no problem with their approach. They'll get it taken care of. Like this is the first car that has teething problems.
So for those making the "Vette" argument, would GM do the same? I don't believe so. Problems happen and this is a significant one that maybe some more R&D could have prevented. Still, how companies respond to problems shouldn't be lost in all of this. Porsche has stepped up and seems to be taking good care of those impacted. Hard to fault them, at least for their responsiveness.

Old 02-21-2014, 10:37 AM
XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Bluehinder
Agreed. The issue probably has to do with someone's/group decision to use some low-budget part causing the failure. It is very un-Porsche like and I'm confident it is their priority to will sort it out ASAP.

Old 02-21-2014, 02:14 PM
alpine-al is a glorious beacon of lightalpine-al is a glorious beacon of lightalpine-al is a glorious beacon of lightalpine-al is a glorious beacon of lightalpine-al is a glorious beacon of lightalpine-al is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by zedosix
First off, I'm sad to hear about the problems with the GT3, but doesn't Porsche do thousands of miles of testing before dropping the car on the market and then having to deal with this mess. Would they not of had similar problems???
I'm happy in a way I bought the tts but still real sad for all the guys who got so pumped and then having to sit there idle while solutions are being sought.
Good point. So far, only two engines have caught fire out of 785 GT3s. It's possible that only a very small percentage (like less than 1%) of the 785 cars will have the fire problem (recognizing that a portion of those 785 cars haven't been delivered yet).

Many of the GT3s delivered to customers already have 1000s of miles on them including many hours on the track. We haven't read that any of those have caught fire (a few bad thermostats and cam sensors, sure but no fires). So, it's quite possible that the pre-production cars that were tested had no problems. And perhaps the tested cars weren't assembled on the main production line.

Old 02-21-2014, 06:29 PM
Originally Posted by alpine-al
Good point. So far, only two engines have caught fire out of 785 GT3s. It's possible that only a very small percentage (like less than 1%) of the 785 cars will have the fire problem (recognizing that a portion of those 785 cars haven't been delivered yet). Many of the GT3s delivered to customers already have 1000s of miles on them including many hours on the track. We haven't read that any of those have caught fire (a few bad thermostats and cam sensors, sure but no fires). So, it's quite possible that the pre-production cars that were tested had no problems. And perhaps the tested cars weren't assembled on the main production line. .
Your last point is interesting because this is the first GT3 not built by the motor sports division. Remember previously the race cars and GT3's (996-997) were built on the main line initially and then finished by the motor sports division elsewhere. At least that is what I thought, so if this the first time a GT3 (991) is solely being built on the main line that may explain the errors on these few chassis.

Old 02-21-2014, 10:50 PM
adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by FLAT6KING
Your last point is interesting because this is the first GT3 not built by the motor sports division. Remember previously the race cars and GT3's (996-997) were built on the main line initially and then finished by the motor sports division elsewhere. At least that is what I thought, so if this the first time a GT3 (991) is solely being built on the main line that may explain the errors on these few chassis.
This was certainly not the case with the 997 GT3. There is a well known (NatGeo) Ultimate Factories episode showing a blue GT3 being assembled in Zuffenhausen alongside Carreras and driving off the production line on its own power, fully finished.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: SALE STOP on all GT3's