GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Anyone Order a 2015 GT3 in US?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-03-2014, 05:06 PM
mto
mto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud of
Anyone Order a 2015 GT3 in US?

Anyone had success with the GT3 the order process getting allocation, and confirmation for Paint to Sample?

Seems my respected Porsche volume dealer of over 20 years has no info about 2015 GT3 allocations. This includes, paint to sample, and sport seats availability.

Know PCNA is recovering with the '14 MY engine replacements, but they usually are more tactical for upcoming models.

Old 07-04-2014, 04:06 AM
Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !
I have a '15 on order. Dealer allocations have been assigned and your order should be against one of those at your dealer. No production details have been released yet but from what I was told it should be within the next month or so. Just make sure that your dealer has a definite allocation and that it's yours.

Old 07-04-2014, 06:39 AM
mto
mto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Haku
I have a '15 on order. Dealer allocations have been assigned and your order should be against one of those at your dealer. No production details have been released yet but from what I was told it should be within the next month or so. Just make sure that your dealer has a definite allocation and that it's yours.
Kindly clarify a bit more: Do you think dealers already received ALL their full year 2015 allocations alread? And/or they will receive additional allocations within the next month or so? I am first on my dealers list, but they have not received any GT3 allocations, yet. Plus Paint to sample is really a wild card, and will increase by months, any potential delivery date.

My dealer is honest with me, it just seems Porsche is being Porsche and not forthcoming with their 2015 GT3 plans. Suspect as they are still catching up with the 2014's, and some that were in queue are becoming 2015 models, hence limiting 2015 allocations.

Thank you.

Old 07-04-2014, 07:34 AM
BrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud of
FWIW I spoke to my dealer this week and asked;

Have you found out how many allocations you will receive for 15' yet ?

If you dont get enough allocations in 15' (I'm #4 on list), will they be offered in 16' ?

Will the sport seats be offered in 15' ?

Answer to all were "we have no idea and havent been given any updates".

Old 07-04-2014, 10:58 AM
Nikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant future
I think the '15s that are currently being ordered, are actually 2014 owners cars, that bailed when their production was moved to a 2015. As far as I know, Porsche has not released new 2015 allocations yet.

Old 07-04-2014, 12:55 PM
Root is a glorious beacon of lightRoot is a glorious beacon of lightRoot is a glorious beacon of lightRoot is a glorious beacon of lightRoot is a glorious beacon of light
My order is in and I am #1 on the list at my dealer ,but no idea when AG plans to build them.

Old 07-04-2014, 04:05 PM
ColdList is a splendid one to beholdColdList is a splendid one to beholdColdList is a splendid one to beholdColdList is a splendid one to beholdColdList is a splendid one to beholdColdList is a splendid one to behold
My June delivery '14 was pushed to a November delivery '15. No change in option selections EXCEPT that they INCREASED the price to be paid for the Sport Chrono because it has some track apps. Went from approx. $400 to approx. $1,500. What an insult.

Old 07-04-2014, 07:33 PM
conekilr is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by ColdList
My June delivery '14 was pushed to a November delivery '15. No change in option selections EXCEPT that they INCREASED the price to be paid for the Sport Chrono because it has some track apps. Went from approx. $400 to approx. $1,500. What an insult.
Coldlist,

If your 2014 GT3 was moved to 2015, you are price protected on any options that were in your original 2014 order.

Cheers,

Old 07-05-2014, 03:57 AM
Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by mto
Kindly clarify a bit more: Do you think dealers already received ALL their full year 2015 allocations alread? And/or they will receive additional allocations within the next month or so? I am first on my dealers list, but they have not received any GT3 allocations, yet. Plus Paint to sample is really a wild card, and will increase by months, any potential delivery date.

My dealer is honest with me, it just seems Porsche is being Porsche and not forthcoming with their 2015 GT3 plans. Suspect as they are still catching up with the 2014's, and some that were in queue are becoming 2015 models, hence limiting 2015 allocations.

Thank you.
My understanding is that the only dealer allocations that have been confirmed are the ones Porsche released last year when the GT3 was launched. For the average dealer that meant 2 cars over 2 years. Whether that fell into '14 or '15 production does not matter. If your dealer allocated you one of those spots then you should be fine. Mine is one of those and due to all the production issues has yet to be locked down for a production date. It should be in the next month or so.

No "new" dealer allocations save for the ones I mentioned above have been assigned by PCNA yet.

Old 07-06-2014, 10:16 AM
ColdList is a splendid one to beholdColdList is a splendid one to beholdColdList is a splendid one to beholdColdList is a splendid one to beholdColdList is a splendid one to beholdColdList is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by conekilr
Coldlist,

If your 2014 GT3 was moved to 2015, you are price protected on any options that were in your original 2014 order.

Cheers,
Thanks Peter. Good to know. Does that apply if I make a few changes to my build as well?

-Mike

Old 07-06-2014, 11:02 AM
Nikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant future
No, only your original build.

Old 07-06-2014, 05:56 PM
conekilr is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Nikolas
No, only your original build.
Correct...

Old 07-07-2014, 09:00 AM
Tpup is a name known to allTpup is a name known to allTpup is a name known to allTpup is a name known to allTpup is a name known to allTpup is a name known to all
I had a May build 2014 that was delayed. It's now a 2015 model, Nov Delivery and I did get it moved to the PTS window. I do not know if my dealer received more allocations but I'll ask and get back to you if I get an answer.

I agree with many posts, info has be very hard to come by. My dealer seems to know little to nothing...

Roy