GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Clear taillights?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-27-2014, 07:37 AM
ZZinger is just really niceZZinger is just really niceZZinger is just really niceZZinger is just really niceZZinger is just really nice
Clear taillights?

Guys,

I am considering a 2015 GT3, I have an allocation I may take that I found…

What are the thoughts on clear taillights?. Going Black Metallic with Yellow PCCB's.

This a popular option to give a cleaner look or are these a NO NO

Thoughts?

Old 09-27-2014, 08:10 AM
STG991 Is a GOD !STG991 Is a GOD !STG991 Is a GOD !STG991 Is a GOD !STG991 Is a GOD !STG991 Is a GOD !STG991 Is a GOD !STG991 Is a GOD !STG991 Is a GOD !STG991 Is a GOD !STG991 Is a GOD !
They look good red or clear. Plenty of pics out there and totally personal taste. It's been discussed extensively in the 991 forum. You'll get a 50/50 or so split.

With that car, you can get away with pink tail lights!

Good luck with the allocation. Seems like they're popping up quite a bit.

Old 09-27-2014, 02:32 PM
Root is a glorious beacon of lightRoot is a glorious beacon of lightRoot is a glorious beacon of lightRoot is a glorious beacon of lightRoot is a glorious beacon of light
Here is a pic. of a car just back from Atlanta after the engine replacement ; owner was picking up the same day i took the shot two weeks ago. I ordered the clear lenses for mine which is almost at the US port, 10/3.
I think they will look good with the clear side markers.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1422.JPG
Views:	115
Size:	2.03 MB
ID:	402964  
Old 09-27-2014, 05:18 PM
mto
mto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by ZZinger
Guys,

What are the thoughts on clear taillights?. Going Black Metallic with Yellow PCCB's.

Thoughts?
I think you can purchase clear tail lights @ one of the discount Porsche places for a deep discount compared to what the factory charges. So, I would go with the red ones, and decide later.

Old 09-27-2014, 06:12 PM
ZZinger is just really niceZZinger is just really niceZZinger is just really niceZZinger is just really niceZZinger is just really nice
Originally Posted by mto
I think you can purchase clear tail lights @ one of the discount Porsche places for a deep discount compared to what the factory charges. So, I would go with the red ones, and decide later.
Good idea. Looks like Suncoast Porsche sells them for around $540

Old 09-27-2014, 08:48 PM
BrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud of
What are the thoughts on clear taillights?.

Thoughts?
Since your asking....IMO they look horrible...and dont give a cleaner look at all.

Old 09-28-2014, 03:23 PM
Root is a glorious beacon of lightRoot is a glorious beacon of lightRoot is a glorious beacon of lightRoot is a glorious beacon of lightRoot is a glorious beacon of light
Brandon,
You may be right.
I am going to get a set of the red lenses from Suncoast along with the clear side markers.
I sell the clears on E Bay for $450.00. They are new.

Old 09-28-2014, 03:44 PM
rockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond repute
I was considering them. I think they look a little too rice in the end for me.

Old 09-28-2014, 03:50 PM
RossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond repute
Guys,

Thoughts?
On black, I think the red look better. What color interior stitch did you get? If you got red, the red tail lights go with it

Old 09-29-2014, 11:27 AM
Basic Sponsor
SuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond repute
I think the difference in opinion seems to be about 50/50. We have sold several of both the sets. Both look great, but it comes to personal preference and what color the car is.

We're big fans of the clear tails

Your #1 Source for Genuine Porsche Parts and Accessories on the Web!

Visit us at http://www.SuncoastParts.com
Call us at: 877-923-1700
Email us at: Parts@SuncoastParts.com

Follow us to stay connected:
Join Our Newsletter | Facebook
Old 09-30-2014, 09:28 AM
Originally Posted by RossL
On black, I think the red look better. What color interior stitch did you get? If you got red, the red tail lights go with it
White
Black Leather/Alacantara Full leather
Platinum stitching
Yellow Belts
Gray standard wheels

Was thinking black exterior but can't get white out of my head. I had a white 997 Turbo stage 3 and I miss it immensely.

So its white today

Last edited by ZZinger; 09-30-2014 at 09:30 AM.
Old 09-30-2014, 09:37 AM
Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !
Clears are a bit JDMish, the Japanese car scene has been doing it for over a decade now. Do what makes you happy, if you like it, get it.

Old 09-30-2014, 09:38 AM
Nikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant future
I prefer the red. I have them on my white GT3. As someone posted before, order the car with red, then get the clear through Suncoast. Less money, and you can choose.