Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-15-2015, 09:15 PM
pelo911 is on a distinguished road
i want to replace my 2015 GT3 , need your advice

Hi

i feel i need more power

i thought about GT3RS , but it's look like impossible to get one
dealers getting only few and asking over $40K above MSRP.
and even if i will find one , the MSRP with the option i want , around $195K

GT2 , there is no any news , local dealer told me Porsche will skip this model.

that's make me thinking about other brands other them Porsche
i dreamed all my like to have a Porsche , but maybe i can enjoy other cars.

i love cars that scared me sometimes but also that i have confidence to push them more and more , i like the thrilling
steering wheel "feel" "weight" and balance.
Handling

Ariel Atom - i guess i will love those kind of cars because of the "feel" , low weight , very direct and pure driving experience , but i also want AC and Air bags , so maybe in the future.

the best car i ever took for a spin was the Carrera GT
what an amazing machine. (it was in 2009)

second car was Ferrari 458 (not speciale)

recently i drove also the Lambo Huracan , amazing engine - but over my budget.
i think it's much better car then the Aventador (i drove it on track and i hate it)
and better then the gallardo (i don't like the single clutch in the Gallardo , i wil not but this car)

so for the price of the new GT3RS
i can buy second hand 458 with very low miles.
Highs:
1. more power and screaming V8
2. look much better
3. mid engine
3. sharp and nimble

lows:
1. not brand new car
2. i don't know ownership cost of Ferrari vs Porsche
right now i'm paying to State farm around $350 , and since my car new there is no maintenance at all for the next year.

you guys have much more experience then me
what do you think?

i think also McLaren 12C also around this price.
with Twin Turbo engine can get 700HP easily.

Thanks

Old 03-15-2015, 09:26 PM
ipse dixit can only hope to improve
New R8 V10?

And why not the Porsche TTS?

Old 03-15-2015, 10:22 PM
dshurett is just really nicedshurett is just really nicedshurett is just really nicedshurett is just really nicedshurett is just really nice
Originally Posted by ipse dixit
New R8 V10?

And why not the Porsche TTS?
I agree, have you considered the TTS? The availability of so much torque at such a low rpm never leaves me wishing I had more.....alteast not for "normal" driving.

Old 03-15-2015, 10:24 PM
slimkev has much to be proud ofslimkev has much to be proud ofslimkev has much to be proud ofslimkev has much to be proud ofslimkev has much to be proud ofslimkev has much to be proud ofslimkev has much to be proud ofslimkev has much to be proud ofslimkev has much to be proud ofslimkev has much to be proud of
The 12c is the one you should get above all, including the 458. The 488 comes in a turbo which the 12c has had for years.

Way better than the Audi. Its a missile in stock form, i can't imagine it with the fabspeed tune of another 100 horsepower.

Old 03-16-2015, 07:49 AM
512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of
Look at the McLaren's. I drove the MP 12C and the 650S and to be totally honest, I was incredibly impressed with them in comparison to all cars that I have driven (including, the GT3 and it's variants, 458, etc.). Awesome car.

But then again, the new GT3 RS sounds like an amazing car too, but the vig is too high at the moment!

Old 03-16-2015, 08:20 AM
RossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond repute
A friend of mine has a 12C and has nothing but great things to say about it. I haven't owned one yet but it's on my list. When I test drove one for an afternoon I was very impressed with everything but the sound and the tub. The sound just isn't there in stock form. The turbos wash it out too much. There might be an aftermarket option to make it scream, I dont know. If you plan to use the car for more than weekend drives and track days, the tub is a PITA. My wife was not a fan at all when she got in it.

Old 03-16-2015, 08:21 AM
Pmon can only hope to improve
Been a passenger, or driven many of the cars on your list. Went for a drive in a colleagues 650s last weekend - amazing power delivery and driving feel, handling etc .....on public roads at least.

Also, as a long time Porsche buyer, while I still think they make great products at their price point, the purchasing drama associated with buying them is getting a bit too much for me i.e. allocations, pricing, waiting, etc ...whereas my colleague had his 650s in fast turn around time with a great dealer buying experience, and it looks amazing and different.

Old 03-16-2015, 09:24 AM
Originally Posted by 512bb
Look at the McLaren's. I drove the MP 12C and the 650S and to be totally honest, I was incredibly impressed with them in comparison to all cars that I have driven (including, the GT3 and it's variants, 458, etc.). Awesome car.

But then again, the new GT3 RS sounds like an amazing car too, but the vig is too high at the moment!
check the Video on this page:
http://www.motortrend.com/features/p...n_mp4_12c.html

you don't agree with the driver?

i think i like the "Analog" car more
if i could afford the 997 GT3RS 4.0 !!! Wow

R8 i don't like because it's AWD and not so exiting to drive
TTS it's a rocket , but i like the GT3 much more (i wish Porsche will make 991 GT2)

motor trend best driver car's , 997 GT3RS and the 458:
http://www.motortrend.com/features/p...11_gt3_rs.html

http://www.motortrend.com/features/p...58_italia.html

what about cost of ownership?
991 GT3 it's Sport car
the others more Exotic cars
insurance , maintenance , etc.

Old 03-16-2015, 11:05 AM
Originally Posted by RossL
A friend of mine has a 12C and has nothing but great things to say about it. I haven't owned one yet but it's on my list. When I test drove one for an afternoon I was very impressed with everything but the sound and the tub. The sound just isn't there in stock form. The turbos wash it out too much. There might be an aftermarket option to make it scream, I dont know. If you plan to use the car for more than weekend drives and track days, the tub is a PITA. My wife was not a fan at all when she got in it.
the Tub make it hard to enter and go out of the car?
i'm using my GT3 only on the weekend

you are the right person to ask
because you have 991 GT3
how you like it compare to the 430 Scuderia you had ?
you tried to drive the 458 also?

Old 03-16-2015, 05:31 PM
512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by pelo911
check the Video on this page:
http://www.motortrend.com/features/p...n_mp4_12c.html

you don't agree with the driver?

i think i like the "Analog" car more
if i could afford the 997 GT3RS 4.0 !!! Wow
I agree with everything the article said and Randy's impressions. My feedback was purely for street driving (with minimal or some track driving). If it's the other way around or there is preference for more track oriented cars even on the street, I wouldn't pick those McLaren's. In that case the new GT3 RS, the 4.0 of yesteryear, the C7/Z06 with the Z07 package, would be my preference. I have not driven the 458 in anger so I can't really comment on whether it will come alive and be in its element on the track or not.

Either way, you are a lucky person to have the any of the above options. Let us know what you settle on.

Old 03-16-2015, 06:32 PM
gtr
gtr has a spectacular aura aboutgtr has a spectacular aura aboutgtr has a spectacular aura about
Why not consider the Cayman GT4? Probably not the fastest but should be a great drivers car with excellent balance.

Old 03-16-2015, 07:30 PM
Perk10 has a reputation beyond reputePerk10 has a reputation beyond reputePerk10 has a reputation beyond reputePerk10 has a reputation beyond reputePerk10 has a reputation beyond reputePerk10 has a reputation beyond reputePerk10 has a reputation beyond reputePerk10 has a reputation beyond reputePerk10 has a reputation beyond reputePerk10 has a reputation beyond reputePerk10 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by slimkev
The 12c is the one you should get above all, including the 458. The 488 comes in a turbo which the 12c has had for years.

Way better than the Audi. Its a missile in stock form, i can't imagine it with the fabspeed tune of another 100 horsepower.
exactly!!

Old 03-16-2015, 07:43 PM
'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !
drive a gt2rs and report back. pick one up for 200 LOW-ZERO miles factory warranty.

nothing like it and you want/need or be able to use any more power lol

Old 03-16-2015, 08:01 PM
osu s2k is on a distinguished road
my vote would go to 458, exotic, naturally aspirated screaming...im contemplating trading my gt2 in for a 458....but still havent driven the gt2 yet

Old 03-17-2015, 06:32 AM
RossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by pelo911
the Tub make it hard to enter and go out of the car?
i'm using my GT3 only on the weekend

you are the right person to ask
because you have 991 GT3
how you like it compare to the 430 Scuderia you had ?
you tried to drive the 458 also?
The Scud was the best car I've owned, so comparing the Scud to the GT3 is an interesting one. The GT3 out performs the Scud in every category but it lacks the soul that all Ferrari's seem to have. It's hard to describe. The shifts are too perfect, the grip is too good. A friend of mine said it perfect. You can't fully experience the GT3 safely on the road. The Scud at low speeds or high was always an event. The shifts knock you back in your seat, the sound was unreal, and the car was so raw that you felt like you were in a race car.

With that said, I'm very happy with the GT3. It's an amazing car but in my opinion it needs an exhaust to open it up at lower RPMs so you don't have to be driving like a hooligan to experience the excellent sounds the car makes. Stock is more quiet than my wife's Macan...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: i want to replace my 2015 GT3 , need your advice