GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

GT2 RS - Dealer is being shady... advice please

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-05-2017, 02:40 PM
farris has a spectacular aura aboutfarris has a spectacular aura about
GT2 RS - Dealer is being shady... advice please

Hi All,

Back in 2011 I gave a letter of intent to my local dealer for a GT2. Please note that I am not an existing client and despite that the sales person confirmed in writing that I was the first on the list for the 991 GT2. I have records of all correspondence.

About 12 months ago I made contact with the dealership and was informed the sales person was no longer with the company, but they did have record of the correspondence and would look into it. The current sales person now says the decision is up senior management and no communications on the car will take place until it is unveiled. My concern is that at this stage it might be too late as only a few will likely be allocated to this dealer.

I have been waiting patiently (over 5 years) for the GT2 or GT2 RS and would welcome some advice.

Should I get my lawyer involved to put pressure? Should I write to Porsche corporate? Should I speak to senior management?

Advice is much appreciated.

Thanks

Old 03-06-2017, 07:30 AM
dave29 is just really nicedave29 is just really nicedave29 is just really nicedave29 is just really nicedave29 is just really nice
I would start with the dealership owner or general manager then Porsche North America.

Old 03-06-2017, 09:33 AM
Buddhamonk has a spectacular aura aboutBuddhamonk has a spectacular aura aboutBuddhamonk has a spectacular aura about
Without a signed contract or a cash deposit - it's up to them at this point

Old 03-06-2017, 10:00 AM
Cannonball996 Is a GOD !Cannonball996 Is a GOD !Cannonball996 Is a GOD !Cannonball996 Is a GOD !Cannonball996 Is a GOD !Cannonball996 Is a GOD !Cannonball996 Is a GOD !Cannonball996 Is a GOD !Cannonball996 Is a GOD !Cannonball996 Is a GOD !Cannonball996 Is a GOD !
I agree, no contract, no deposit... 5 years ago the model was still a rumor and there was no way of knowing what the price would be.

Old 03-06-2017, 10:33 AM
SpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by farris
Hi All,

Back in 2011 I gave a letter of intent to my local dealer for a GT2. Please note that I am not an existing client and despite that the sales person confirmed in writing that I was the first on the list for the 991 GT2. I have records of all correspondence.

About 12 months ago I made contact with the dealership and was informed the sales person was no longer with the company, but they did have record of the correspondence and would look into it. The current sales person now says the decision is up senior management and no communications on the car will take place until it is unveiled. My concern is that at this stage it might be too late as only a few will likely be allocated to this dealer.

I have been waiting patiently (over 5 years) for the GT2 or GT2 RS and would welcome some advice.

Should I get my lawyer involved to put pressure? Should I write to Porsche corporate? Should I speak to senior management?

Advice is much appreciated.

Thanks
Unfortunately I have been here (in this position before). The dealership can still do anything they wish without recourse. I do not believe even Porsche NA will intervene as they need the dealership more than they need an individual customer like you and me! That is my opinion.

Old 03-06-2017, 12:28 PM
GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !
Good luck. Try to be extra nice and get back in. Unfortunately if the dealer chooses not to honor you as number one in the queue, you have nothing binding and are SOL.

Old 03-10-2017, 10:36 AM
pdxm5 has a reputation beyond reputepdxm5 has a reputation beyond reputepdxm5 has a reputation beyond reputepdxm5 has a reputation beyond reputepdxm5 has a reputation beyond reputepdxm5 has a reputation beyond reputepdxm5 has a reputation beyond reputepdxm5 has a reputation beyond reputepdxm5 has a reputation beyond reputepdxm5 has a reputation beyond reputepdxm5 has a reputation beyond repute
In short you have 0. Ive been down this road before even with a deposit. When the 997 Gt2 was hot my $1k deposit did nothing and the dealer was charging well over MSRP. Move on and try to find another car at over MSRP if you really want it.

Old 03-28-2017, 03:38 AM
Originally Posted by pdxm5
In short you have 0. Ive been down this road before even with a deposit. When the 997 Gt2 was hot my $1k deposit did nothing and the dealer was charging well over MSRP. Move on and try to find another car at over MSRP if you really want it.
Dealers don't/can't charge over MSRP in the UK. It is just a question of wether they will honour the email confirmation they gave me, stating clearly "I am the first on the list".

I will take legal action if it isn't honoured. I have been waiting years and expect them to do the right thing. Hopefully they will be honourable about it.

It seems they will be making a GT2 and not just the RS so whilst I would prefer the RS, maybe it improves the chances of getting a GT2.

I hope it will be available in manual.

Old 03-28-2017, 03:47 PM
mm450exc is on a distinguished road
Straight to the top of Porsche UK and see what they say.

Sent you a PM with contact details.

Old 03-28-2017, 04:39 PM
Originally Posted by mm450exc
Straight to the top of Porsche UK and see what they say.

Sent you a PM with contact details.
Thank you! It is much appreciated.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.