GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

991.2 GT3RS Daily Driver??

Old 11-06-2018, 08:33 AM
steven1 will become famous soon enoughsteven1 will become famous soon enough
991.2 GT3RS Daily Driver??

Hey guys I am able to get my hands on a buildable 991.2 GT3RS allocation for end of Jan delivery. I am going to trade in my 991.2 Turbo coupe which I use as a daily driver. My question is would the GT3RS be ok comfort wise for a daily driver? Any help would-be appreciated...

Old 11-06-2018, 04:31 PM
BOBP is on a distinguished road
Other than the firm ride and the loud noise it makes, it should be a great daily. Lol

Old 11-07-2018, 11:00 PM
PSTT07 is just really nicePSTT07 is just really nicePSTT07 is just really nicePSTT07 is just really nicePSTT07 is just really nice
Assuming your traffic is similarly awful out east as it is in the west...driving any exotic type car in traffic back and forth to work is not ideal. When I’m driving down I5 at a snails pace I’m simply hopeful to get from one point to another with minimum frustration. I would definitely trade up to an RS simply because it would provide IMHO a more exciting driving experience; however that is not applicable for me in traffic. Then you might need to factor in weather, assuming you deal with very cold temps and snow, etc. You can get by with an AWD turbo, would be a much more difficult in the same conditions with the RS, even with the traction control measures. Remember the tires are not well suited for this either. Why not get a different daily driver and then enjoy the RS when you can enjoy it.

Old 11-08-2018, 09:44 AM
Originally Posted by PSTT07
Assuming your traffic is similarly awful out east as it is in the west...driving any exotic type car in traffic back and forth to work is not ideal. When I’m driving down I5 at a snails pace I’m simply hopeful to get from one point to another with minimum frustration. I would definitely trade up to an RS simply because it would provide IMHO a more exciting driving experience; however that is not applicable for me in traffic. Then you might need to factor in weather, assuming you deal with very cold temps and snow, etc. You can get by with an AWD turbo, would be a much more difficult in the same conditions with the RS, even with the traction control measures. Remember the tires are not well suited for this either. Why not get a different daily driver and then enjoy the RS when you can enjoy it.
I guess i know the answer but need really itching for the GT3RS, I wouldn't drive it in the snow. I was also thinking of getting it with the adoptive sport seats instead of the bucket seats but not sure if i do that it will hurt the resale value down the road....

Old 11-08-2018, 10:08 PM
PSTT07 is just really nicePSTT07 is just really nicePSTT07 is just really nicePSTT07 is just really nicePSTT07 is just really nice
Do not order it without the buckets...while I know there may be a few samples out there where this happened, it is not the type of car you place the adaptive seats in.

Old 11-10-2018, 07:29 AM
Sig Sauer is on a distinguished road
As I was very fortunate to get a GT3 RS allocation. Coming from a 991.2 C4S and now having seat time in the RS I can tell you that you can absolutely daily drive this car without question. Although I did have aftermarket wheels with smaller sidewall rubber in the C4S I would say the RS rides as good as the new Carrera 4S and with better road feel.

The only thing I changed in the GT3 is to install 3 degree Tag Motorsports seat brackets to recline the bucket seats slightly making them extremely comfortable, dare i say even more comfortable than my cushy 4S seats.

Old 11-12-2018, 07:26 PM
andrewbiazis is on a distinguished road
Traded my GT3 for TTS due to more daily driver use than track use.....TTS just more versatile.....better clearance for front spoiler, smoother ride, less drama, more options standard, luxurious interior...test drive may be tough to score but if you can that may assist in your personal decision...

Old 12-08-2018, 12:00 AM
ThunderRolls is a name known to allThunderRolls is a name known to allThunderRolls is a name known to allThunderRolls is a name known to allThunderRolls is a name known to allThunderRolls is a name known to all
If you can afford this car, you can afford to get the beater you need for a daily driver like my 1997 Land Cruiser

Old 12-09-2018, 05:35 AM
George991TTS is an unknown quantity at this point
Gt3rs daily

I think you absolutely can and its a great idea. I traded in 991.1 TTS for a 991.2 GT3 and just put 9k miles as a daily driver on it. I had a great time. I just traded it in on a 991.1 GT3RS which I will daily drive as well. My 991.2 GT3 had the buckets, I can absolutely say it is not for daily driving period, very uncomfortabe and limits the use of the back seat for any storage use. The carwash guy can’t even get back there to wipe it down. My 991.1 GT3RS thats coming in has the 18way seats which I specially looked for. That is the same seat in the Turbo and is great for both performance and daily use. My biggest complaint on the bucket seat is that there is no movement for the seat back to recline even couple inches. That gets very uncomfortable if your in it for couple hours straight. Also, if your getting the new rs over msrp I would consider the depreciation factor with the miles, it will be heavy because 95% of them will not are not driven daily unlike the Turbo car so the dealers will try to hit you hard. If your getting it at msrp no brainer go for it. This is the reason I went with a 991.1rs to daily vs the new 991.2rs. I put around 1k miles a month. Don’t forget the nose lift as its needed daily use as well. Good luck.

Old 12-20-2018, 02:09 PM
andrewbiazis is on a distinguished road
Would you ever buy a Turbo S again?

Old 12-20-2018, 05:40 PM
r11rs will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by George991TTS
I think you absolutely can and its a great idea. I traded in 991.1 TTS for a 991.2 GT3 and just put 9k miles as a daily driver on it. I had a great time. I just traded it in on a 991.1 GT3RS which I will daily drive as well. My 991.2 GT3 had the buckets, I can absolutely say it is not for daily driving period, very uncomfortabe and limits the use of the back seat for any storage use. The carwash guy can’t even get back there to wipe it down. My 991.1 GT3RS thats coming in has the 18way seats which I specially looked for. That is the same seat in the Turbo and is great for both performance and daily use. My biggest complaint on the bucket seat is that there is no movement for the seat back to recline even couple inches. That gets very uncomfortable if your in it for couple hours straight. Also, if your getting the new rs over msrp I would consider the depreciation factor with the miles, it will be heavy because 95% of them will not are not driven daily unlike the Turbo car so the dealers will try to hit you hard. If your getting it at msrp no brainer go for it. This is the reason I went with a 991.1rs to daily vs the new 991.2rs. I put around 1k miles a month. Don’t forget the nose lift as its needed daily use as well. Good luck.
What you really wanted were the 4-way seats. The 18-way's are ridiculously heavy and negate much of the weight savings in the RS.

Old 12-21-2018, 08:06 AM
thanks George for the feedback very helpful.

Old 12-28-2018, 08:43 AM
George991TTS is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by steven1
thanks George for the feedback very helpful.
👍 let us know what you decide

Old 01-03-2019, 02:08 AM
AM17 will become famous soon enough
Yes, you can. I did when I had mine.

Old 01-05-2019, 09:00 PM
sportscentury is a jewel in the roughsportscentury is a jewel in the roughsportscentury is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by andrewbiazis
Would you ever buy a Turbo S again?
Why would he, so can lose his shirt a second time?

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 991.2 GT3RS Daily Driver??