Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Going to make a deal on a GT3 tonight....couple quick questions please

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-07-2006, 02:31 PM
BOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to behold
Going to make a deal on a GT3 tonight....couple quick questions please

How much would it cost to swap out ceramic brakes for steal brakes and could I get some money for the ceramics? What would the cost of a swap in systems be? Also any trouble spots I should look for while checking the car out. Thanks in advance

Old 06-07-2006, 02:33 PM
PorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond repute
Cant answer your questions, but good luck man!

Old 06-07-2006, 03:18 PM
LTCJMRamos has much to be proud ofLTCJMRamos has much to be proud ofLTCJMRamos has much to be proud ofLTCJMRamos has much to be proud ofLTCJMRamos has much to be proud ofLTCJMRamos has much to be proud ofLTCJMRamos has much to be proud ofLTCJMRamos has much to be proud ofLTCJMRamos has much to be proud ofLTCJMRamos has much to be proud of
No cost info, but from the PCA Tech site:
Cost estimates for this one depend on some choices you have to make and on the shop doing the work.

The big variables here are as follows.

First, if you buy the steel rotors from a dealer, they are expensive. But we have been using the GT3 Cup rotors, only available from Porsche Motorsports. Much cheaper somehow.

Second, you have to do something about the rears. The steel rear rotors don't fit the calipers because the steel rotor has a different diameter from the PCCB rotors. The right solution is to replace the calipers with the right ones. It also appears possible to have yours machined to account for the difference. Another solution is to leave the rears as is, since most of the trouble is up front.

Joel Reiser - PCA WebSite - 4/14/2006

Old 06-07-2006, 03:35 PM
Vik
Vik has a spectacular aura aboutVik has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by BOYRACER
How much would it cost to swap out ceramic brakes for steal brakes and could I get some money for the ceramics? What would the cost of a swap in systems be? Also any trouble spots I should look for while checking the car out. Thanks in advance
Mo, you might find some answers in this thread:

http://forums.rennlist.com/rennforum...ccb+steel+swap

Old 06-07-2006, 08:44 PM
frayed is infamous around these parts
I believe the conversion price is the same for the GT2 vs. the GT3. Not entirely sure though:

http://www.carnewal-europe.com/cpx_p96172.htm

Old 06-07-2006, 08:54 PM
BOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to behold
apparently the previous owner had already done the swap I saw the yellow calipers and thought it had PCCB but it does not.

Old 06-07-2006, 09:11 PM
fortyounce is a glorious beacon of lightfortyounce is a glorious beacon of lightfortyounce is a glorious beacon of lightfortyounce is a glorious beacon of lightfortyounce is a glorious beacon of light
Good luck with the deal. Let us know how you make out. I'm considering a GT3 also....

Old 06-07-2006, 10:46 PM
we have agreed upon pricing for their car and my trade. I will shop for a finance rate tomorrow because I think I can do better than what I am getting from them. But boy have interest rates gone up

Old 06-07-2006, 10:51 PM
LTCJMRamos has much to be proud ofLTCJMRamos has much to be proud ofLTCJMRamos has much to be proud ofLTCJMRamos has much to be proud ofLTCJMRamos has much to be proud ofLTCJMRamos has much to be proud ofLTCJMRamos has much to be proud ofLTCJMRamos has much to be proud ofLTCJMRamos has much to be proud ofLTCJMRamos has much to be proud of
You're buying from a dealer? I'd be interested in the pricing. Two local dealers have GT3s on their lots, but are asking about $10K above market. Of course, if you have a car to get rid of, easier to do a trade.

Old 06-07-2006, 10:56 PM
check your PM....

Now anyone know of any used track wheels for sale???

Old 06-08-2006, 02:22 AM
atan888 has much to be proud ofatan888 has much to be proud ofatan888 has much to be proud ofatan888 has much to be proud ofatan888 has much to be proud ofatan888 has much to be proud ofatan888 has much to be proud ofatan888 has much to be proud of
had my gt2 rotors swapped and with labor cost me around 2000.

Old 06-08-2006, 01:03 PM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
DJ 996 has a set of CCW rims and corsas, barely used, pm him.

Old 06-08-2006, 01:39 PM
I use CCWs on my 400 hp RX-7. Love 'em.

Are these the correct offset for a GT3?

Old 06-08-2006, 06:18 PM
jay_ftw is infamous around these parts
Boyracer let me know where you get the best rates from...

Old 06-08-2006, 11:10 PM
O4 GT3
Vader13 has a spectacular aura aboutVader13 has a spectacular aura about
Porsche Finance is around 8% right now.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Going to make a deal on a GT3 tonight....couple quick questions please