Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

RS Order Gone Wrong

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-05-2006, 11:05 AM
Steve B in SD is infamous around these parts
I bought both my cars from Joe, he always seems to be up on every aspect of the product line. I doubt very seriously is was his decision-- I would assume he took the order in good faith, with every intention of getting you exactly what you want. It probably worked it's way to the sales manager's office, and that's where the greed factor came in. I could be wrong, but that just doesn't sound like Joe, from what I know of him.

They must have a new sales manager recently. A few months back, I told Joe to let me know if they ever got a 996GT3 in, I'd be interested. He called me about 2 months ago to let me know they took in an '04 with 23,000 miles on it, with almost no options-- basically a stripper. They wanted 89,900 for it.
Right. I told him I had already bought a heavily optioned '04 with 5000 miles on it for 82,500, good luck.

I guess Pioneer isn't the dealership is used to be--- somebody has to pay for all that fancy remodel they did.

Old 12-05-2006, 11:36 AM
grussell has much to be proud ofgrussell has much to be proud ofgrussell has much to be proud ofgrussell has much to be proud ofgrussell has much to be proud ofgrussell has much to be proud ofgrussell has much to be proud ofgrussell has much to be proud ofgrussell has much to be proud ofgrussell has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by RS 197
I have heard worse,

A buddy of mine sent in his $1,000 deposit. Confirmed by E mail #2 on the list for an RS.

Called the dealer to spec car, they told him they refunded his deposit on his credit card. He was no longer on the list. And to top it off the dealership is going to spec the cars and let the market determine the price.

I am fairly certian that if you put down a deposit they have to honor it. It is a bi-lateral agreement that can not be broken by the dealer.

What are these dealers thinking. I guess the car business is always the car business, you would hope that there would be a little more class in a High End dealer???

To top it off, I enquired about leasing my car. My accountant said it would be a good idea to do a One Pay lease.

The dealer E mailed me the quote and it was about $400 per month more than what the Porsche web site had quoted. When I asked him about it he said that they always made "back end" money on the lilmited production cars. That was there policy and they were in the business to make money just like I am???? It would not be soo bad but the Idiot salespeople don't even know his product. I was forced to order the Wart on my car because the salesman said I had to have it to get the sport button. By the time I figured it out it was too late. The car was already in production. To top it off he could not even tell me wether the TV screen would come in the dash. He said we would not know for sure untill the car showed up. Are you kidding me, It would be way easier to pay a premion if they would take a little time to get to know there product. How hard is it to look at the order guide and figure it out.

My salseman was braging about the $19,000 swat he made on the car that came available before mine. A nice back end hit was his comment.

I personally am burned out on the whole thing.

All these JACK OFF dealers are all the same.

My Mom always told me "The greedy become the needy".

The kicker is most of these Salesman, Desk guys ,could not afford to drive a used boxter. It would be nice if we could deal with educated salespeople that did not jump from Honda to Porsche and expect to make a living.

Bring on E bay, at least you don't have to deal with the Dealership Bull****.
Same type of crap happened to me. Long story short, dealer is refunding my deposit as they are chosing to mark up the cars and sell them to whom they wish. After a year wait this is so disapointing.

Stay away from Pacific Porsche in Torrance.

Old 12-05-2006, 01:13 PM
GossettPorsche is infamous around these parts
I am very sorry to hear that . not all dealers are like this, as we and others that sponsor this board are proof of that. unfortunately we only got 1 allocation for the RS and it has been sold for over a year. just like in anything there can be "bad" and "good" representations in any industry. I just hate to hear about that kind of experience. a dealerships #1 priority should be customer satisfaction, as repeate business and referrals are more benificial and valuable than a single deal, to rish losing a clients' business in the future.
as I imagine this would nix any future consideration to do business with them again.

Old 12-05-2006, 01:22 PM
Me_qwkr is infamous around these parts
honestly I will only buy from Beverly hill porsche...

Also Aston Martin is the same way with the new Vantage. If you want one orderd to YOUR spec you gotta pay up front. As its a 8 month wait... I WAS LIKE BS.. i dont need parking assistance.

Old 12-05-2006, 01:24 PM
Kurt RSF is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Steve B in SD
I bought both my cars from Joe, he always seems to be up on every aspect of the product line. I doubt very seriously is was his decision-- I would assume he took the order in good faith, with every intention of getting you exactly what you want. It probably worked it's way to the sales manager's office, and that's where the greed factor came in. I could be wrong, but that just doesn't sound like Joe, from what I know of him.

They must have a new sales manager recently. A few months back, I told Joe to let me know if they ever got a 996GT3 in, I'd be interested. He called me about 2 months ago to let me know they took in an '04 with 23,000 miles on it, with almost no options-- basically a stripper. They wanted 89,900 for it.
Right. I told him I had already bought a heavily optioned '04 with 5000 miles on it for 82,500, good luck.

I guess Pioneer isn't the dealership is used to be--- somebody has to pay for all that fancy remodel they did.
Joe has always given me good service, as well. I don't think this was Joe's decision. It may not be Shawn the sales manager's decision, either. It could be coming from the general manager or ownership level.

It sucks but on one level the dealership is the one with the multi-million dollar investment in promoting and servicing the brand. I think they're entitled to make a buck, and Pioneer doesn't sell cars over sticker even when the car is scarce. I think in this case they want to sell a $150k car, not a $125k car, and that gives them maybe an additional $4k gross profit.

I think a "stripped" RS can easily run $135-140k, if you include PCCB, bi-xenons and a few options. That's within $10k of what they want to sell the car for.

I'm not saying it doesn't suck that they don't want to sell someone the exact car he or she may want, in this case, because they want to make some extra dollars. I am saying I can't really blame them. Porsche expects a lot of volume out of their dealers these days, and the factory's production level assures there will be no scarcity of product which impacts the dealer's ability to prosper.

Old 12-05-2006, 01:28 PM
Banned
Crod is a jewel in the roughCrod is a jewel in the roughCrod is a jewel in the rough
i can sympathize with you guys getting screwed around by unethical dealers. I had a VERY bad experience with Hoehn Porsche in Carlsbad as well.
Here is the thread:

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...t=dealer+screw

The service guys are absolute morons, as are they service managers and their bosses. The General manager is a complete ******* and basically told me in so many words, "we are not going to fix anything else, if you don't like it you can sue us".
Which I am in the process of doing right now.

Old 12-05-2006, 01:31 PM
Banned
Crod is a jewel in the roughCrod is a jewel in the roughCrod is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Kurt RSF
It sucks but on one level the dealership is the one with the multi-million dollar investment in promoting and servicing the brand. I think they're entitled to make a buck,
Last time I checked individual dealers do not promote or market what they sell, the manufacturer does.
And it is absolutly unethical for a dealer to load up on options so they can realize a greater profit.

Old 12-05-2006, 02:45 PM
Marwan is infamous around these parts
i read your thread like 5 times... what da f-ck was that!!!!!!!!!!! unreal!!!!!!!! unethical!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! probably illegal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! not to mention they loaded this thing with every immaginable worthless option for an RS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 12-05-2006, 02:59 PM
Steve B in SD is infamous around these parts
You're supposed to be able to order a Porsche in ANY configuration you want. So, you get a track car with NAV, Sport Chrono, leather, & a bunch of other worthless crap that is contrary to the purpose of the car. All so they can pad their bottom line. It's Pioneer's way of abiding with PCNA's rules of not marking cars up over MSRP ala McKenna.

$100.00 says two years from now if you go to trade that RS in on something else, they'll tell you ....."this car has a bunch of options that most people aren't going to want on a RS, so, we can't pay you book, we'll have to discount it several thousands of dollars to move it since it's undesireable the way it is.... "

Old 12-05-2006, 03:14 PM
EnriqueCK is infamous around these parts
I bought from Pioneer and vowed to NEVER buy from them again. I noted that they are including their famous "Mobile guardian satellite tracking system $1795" option, which according to them "must" be sold on all vehicles at Pioneer. As Steve B noted, someone has to pay for the fancy remodel...

I wish you luck!

Old 12-05-2006, 03:18 PM
Z0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant future
Is it illegal to drive a flaming car into their showroom? Would be one hell of a stress reliever!

Old 12-05-2006, 03:27 PM
Josh is a jewel in the roughJosh is a jewel in the roughJosh is a jewel in the roughJosh is a jewel in the rough
How about we make a registry of bad dealers so other forum members know where not to take their business?

Old 12-05-2006, 03:39 PM
Kurt RSF is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by EnriqueCK
I bought from Pioneer and vowed to NEVER buy from them again. I noted that they are including their famous "Mobile guardian satellite tracking system $1795" option, which according to them "must" be sold on all vehicles at Pioneer. As Steve B noted, someone has to pay for the fancy remodel...

I wish you luck!

When did they start doing that, do you know? I've bought many cars from them over the years. my most recent one being a Carrera S Cab in spring 2006, and have not run into having to pay for a lojack or teflon before. That certainly doesn't make you popular with your customers! There are plenty of dealers out there that you can take your business to.

Old 12-05-2006, 03:42 PM
GT3Racerich is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Josh
How about we make a registry of bad dealers so other forum members know where not to take their business?
Great Idea. And email it to each dealer on the list.
Rich

Old 12-05-2006, 03:42 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by Josh
I'd be all up for compiling the list and submitting it to DJ for his approval to make a sticky. It'd be nice to know both unethical dealer service and sales issues. More often than not, a crappy dealer sales dept may have a fairly good service dept...
Any other thoughts about how to compile the "list" ?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: RS Order Gone Wrong