Old 12-06-2006, 11:46 AM
C4Cortez is infamous around these parts
Lol.. same dealer managed to add + $30K options to their standard GT3:
http://pioneer.porschedealer.com/new...ntoryid=278183

Old 12-06-2006, 07:28 PM
mowblowgo is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Y65MPH
mowblowgo,

How are you specing the car? This dealer seems to be building clown cars. Why would a potential RS owner want Nav and all that painted crap on the inside. Illuminated sil plates...WTF. If the option does not make this car Go,Stop, or Turn better you don't need it. Hope it all works out well.

Does anyone know if the full leather option these two cars have delete the alcantera inserts?

Craig
B4 Carrara White
78 Black Full Leather
P74 Bi-Xenon Headlamp
450 Ceramic Composite Brakes-PCCB
639 Chrono Package

I considered some diviated stitching but felt it would add unnecessary weight to the car.

Old 12-07-2006, 07:18 AM
s.bjorn.hoffman is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by mowblowgo
...I considered some diviated stitching but felt it would add unnecessary weight to the car.
You mean from the dye in the thread?
What if black colored thread is the heaviest, then you´ve made a mistake...

Good to hear that the dealer folded eventually.

Old 01-18-2007, 02:57 AM
petert is infamous around these parts
Maybe beating a dead horse at this point, but I've purchased 5 new cars from Hoehn, 2 of them Porsches, including the first 996 GT3 they got. Hoehn also took my RS deposit and then refunded it. (Actually, it was my salesman's idea to move it from the GT3 list to RS). I was told over the course of a year that was #1 on the RS list (with the caveats that if there was only one car, Bill Hoehn might want to keep it for himself, and that they may choose to mark up the prices). I saw another member here (Nelson) post that he was getting the first RS at Hoehn, so I called the sales manager to see what was up, and he again confirmed that if there was going to be any preference, I was first.

Then I showed up in person one day and was told the cars were already ordered, colors and all, and it was the new sales manager "Sean"s (sp?) fault. Total BS, blame the new guy. Totally frustrating too. I was really excited about getting the car this spring. Working hard enough to Make $100K sucks. Spending $100K plus on a car is supposed to be fun. I've had great luck just buying cars from the midwest and having them shipped. Honest people back there.

I do like the service department at Hoehn. If that goes away I guess I just won't own Porsches any more.

Old 01-18-2007, 09:56 AM
GT3Racerich is infamous around these parts
^ They make more money on service then they do selling cars. I would
^ not spend another cent there.
Rich

Old 01-18-2007, 10:13 AM
My experience with Matt at Hoehn service has been very positive. If that's a profit center for them, that's OK with me. He has always been 100% upfront with me. I just wanted the car. Now I'm grumpy about it (and already ordered something else).

By the way, this is the umpteenth time Hoehn has done something similar. They did it with GT2s, Carrera GTs ...

Old 01-18-2007, 10:38 AM
NelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to behold
RS list

Hmmm, dealers are definitely manipulating these allocations. I got one call from my Hoehn salesman to offer me a GT3 instead of the promised RS though I was told I had the first allocation. I havn't got a call on the RS yet and according to Petert, will not be first on the list. I was actually offered an RS from another dealer already. Not sure what's going on at Hoehn but don't like what I'm reading. I'll check this out directly, but my sense is that they may not get more than one allocation. Dealer games are becoming SOP.

Old 01-18-2007, 11:27 AM
damon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond repute
I just spoke with Pioneer Porsche. They are interested in correcting this misunderstanding and building the car to my specifications. After discussing the issue with the sales manager, it sounds like it was a case of poor communication. Thank you all for your support.
Translation: We know we can build it to his spec., but let's strong arm him and see if he caves.

It's laughable how, with today's internet savy buyer, that dealerships still think they can get away with this kind of sales technique.

Do they think people are stupid or something?

I have purchased ONE new car in my life, and after the experience it will be my last.

**Don't forget to add my name to online orders!**

Or use this link:
http://www.tirerack.com/a.jsp?a=BH1&url=index.jsp
Old 01-18-2007, 04:59 PM
Originally Posted by NelsonF
Hmmm, dealers are definitely manipulating these allocations. I got one call from my Hoehn salesman to offer me a GT3 instead of the promised RS though I was told I had the first allocation. I havn't got a call on the RS yet and according to Petert, will not be first on the list. I was actually offered an RS from another dealer already. Not sure what's going on at Hoehn but don't like what I'm reading. I'll check this out directly, but my sense is that they may not get more than one allocation. Dealer games are becoming SOP.
Nelson, my understanding is that they are getting 4 or 5. I think the first is orange but I'm not sure.

You can have my spot! :-) Seriously - unless they give it to me for free I'm not taking delivery from Hoehn Porsche again, ever. In fact I'm looking at a Merc, but on the fence about ever giving business to any Hoehn dealership.

Old 01-18-2007, 05:00 PM
colonel is infamous around these parts
Mobile guardian satellite tracking system $1795

satellite tracking system??? why?

I don't think people with RS will drive it daily to Walmart.

Old 01-18-2007, 05:27 PM
NelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to behold
Rs

I've got deposit on a GT2 there as well. I'll probably be asking for a refund if they continue their current strategy. Petert, what Merc are you checking out?

Old 01-18-2007, 08:22 PM
supercup is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by petert
Nelson, my understanding is that they are getting 4 or 5. I think the first is orange but I'm not sure.

You can have my spot! :-) Seriously - unless they give it to me for free I'm not taking delivery from Hoehn Porsche again, ever. In fact I'm looking at a Merc, but on the fence about ever giving business to any Hoehn dealership.
Hoehn is getting 4 GT3 RS's.

JCM

Old 01-18-2007, 08:51 PM
supercup is infamous around these parts
I just spoke with Pioneer Porsche. They are interested in correcting this misunderstanding and building the car to my specifications. After discussing the issue with the sales manager, it sounds like it was a case of poor communication. Thank you all for your support.
It was no misunderstanding, but it was poor communication on the dealers part. They simply made the decision to maximize profit (can't blame them for that). The problem is they wanted to maintain "we are not selling over MSRP" montra when they were, by adding things like perma seal and mobile tracker at inflated prices. Plus they were not offering the opportunity to get what you wanted, that is why I order cars in the first place, is to get what I want, not what they want.

What they did not expect was to get a lot of flack from myself, Mowblowgo and the #3 deposit holder. And I mean we gave the a lot of flack.

I was #1 and had to call them to get things rolling (I had already ordered an RS at Newport Porsche). I received a call back from the salesman saying all you have to do is pick a color. I said what? He said yes there are no options on the RS, they all come one way from Porsche. I asked then why do they have an order guide, he said they do not, I said well I am holding one in my hand, it was issued the day before by PMNA. He then stated that a $20K deposit was required by Porsche, to which I responded, well I order an RS at Newport 4 days ago and they did not require a deposit and said nothing about a deposit from Porsche. He said let me call you back.

He did call back and said turns out these were dealership requirements, he was not informed. But the cars were all ordered and since I was #1 I could get Orange, Green or Black, those behind me would get what I left. He said he was sending the proforma order for my review. After I received it I had no interest in their configuration.

I spent over a week and a half arguing with them to let me order what I wanted. Ultimately they agreed to do so, however they required a "minimum" MSRP of $156K. The process was time consuming and a frankly a joke.

After a number of additional phone calls and emails they finally agreed to let me get my $142K MSRP car and pay them the lost profit (only after I came up with the suggestion) on the $14K of options I did not want. So I would end up paying about $2.5K over MSRP.

I then learned that they were not making the same requirement of those behind me in line. They were not requiring the lost profit. I called the sales manager and asked that I be treated the same as all the other customers on the list. He responded he could not discuss other customers deals, and he would honor our deal (at $2.5K over MSRP) and reminded me he wasn't doing what Hoehn and McKenna were doing (way over MSRP).

I told him that it was a matter of principal at that point, they agreed to sell at MSRP, then retraded me to something I did not want, then after time and aggrevation finally agreed to give me what I wanted, only if I paid extra. He said take it or leave. I told him to send my deposit back.

The benefit I had is I had two allocation slots, and had already ordered another car from Newport Porsche (great experience) at MSRP. One was for me and one for my brother in law. We agreed to share the one car.

I was a good friend and past customer at Pioneer dealership and was told that is the only reason I was being given "special treatment". They had sold 4 911's due to me in the prior 12 months (3 of the 4 came from out of their area). That is not the kind of special treatment I expect when buying an expensive car.

Not a great experience, and one that will be remembered and shared with others for a long time. Frankly I would have had more respect for them if the sent my deposit back and said we are going for max profit and selling to the highest bidder, that is something I can understand, even if it is not how I would run my business.

JCM

Last edited by supercup; 01-18-2007 at 08:54 PM.
Old 01-19-2007, 11:39 AM
Originally Posted by NelsonF
I've got deposit on a GT2 there as well. I'll probably be asking for a refund if they continue their current strategy. Petert, what Merc are you checking out?
Just something with 4 doors. Not a replacement for a sports car. I'm interested in the S65, but looking at the '06s, which are selling at 60K less than the original selling price, not sure I can afford to take a bath like that.

Old 01-19-2007, 12:05 PM
Rs

Nice call Petert. good buys on the previous version and monsters on the road. I was looking at them as well, before I picked up my CTTS. Now, I'd be looking at big time depreciation if I switched. Maybe I'll trade for a newer version S65 next year.
Supercup- I was offered one of the Pioneer RS's as well but had already made up my mind to go with the black GT2. I commend your actions with the dealer. They prey on the impulsive, impatient, uninformed buyer. The 6speed board is one of the great assets for astute car nuts.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: RS Order Gone Wrong