GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

RS Order Gone Wrong

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-19-2007, 06:42 PM
cnc
Awaiting Email Confirmation
cnc is infamous around these parts
I, too, have bought a lot a cars from Pioneer and was subject to the same BS, about "forced options" and "not selling over sticker".

They have fouled their own nest, and it will be a while before they realize how they have destroyed their Franchise, and, in the process ruined the reputations of a few good salesmen. I hope they have the good sense to leave; and not become part of the Pioneer problem

Old 01-20-2007, 12:12 AM
mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by petert
Nelson, my understanding is that they are getting 4 or 5. I think the first is orange but I'm not sure.

You can have my spot! :-) Seriously - unless they give it to me for free I'm not taking delivery from Hoehn Porsche again, ever. In fact I'm looking at a Merc, but on the fence about ever giving business to any Hoehn dealership.
i am quite certain they will not have 4-5 RS. they are a very tiny dealer, and would be extremely lucky to just get one. i think BH and Champion (the largest dealer possibly in the world for p cars) are getting maybe 7-10 RS if that many (i am extrapolating here) so there is no way hoenh can get that many cars. the largest n. ca dealer gets 4. and they are much much much bigger than hoehn ever will be.

Old 01-20-2007, 12:13 AM
mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by supercup
Hoehn is getting 4 GT3 RS's.

JCM
that dealer is smoking some low grade pot i assure you.

Old 01-20-2007, 12:18 AM
I was #1 and had to call them to get things rolling (I had already ordered an RS at Newport Porsche). I received a call back from the salesman saying all you have to do is pick a color. I said what? He said yes there are no options on the RS, they all come one way from Porsche. I asked then why do they have an order guide, he said they do not, I said well I am holding one in my hand, it was issued the day before by PMNA. He then stated that a $20K deposit was required by Porsche, to which I responded, well I order an RS at Newport 4 days ago and they did not require a deposit and said nothing about a deposit from Porsche. He said let me call you back.

why do they pull **** like this? i really dont get it.

i have a RS allocation and was spared of the above crap. but i am apalled to hear what some of my fellow porsche friends have to go through... this is insane. it's just a fkg car. but suddently we, the customers have to beg to spend our money...

Old 01-20-2007, 12:36 AM
Salespunk is infamous around these parts
Just a thought and I will probably get flamed, but why not offer to "buy" the paint protection for $6K instead of $2K? You get the car they want and they get the profit they want.

I do NOT condone what they did by the way. BUT these cars are so scarce that it might be worth it to pay $4K extra to get the car that you want.

Both dealers in SD suck. Nobody in Hoehn would talk to me when I was looking at a 997 and Pioneer refused to spend 10 minutes to show me a Range Rover.

Old 01-20-2007, 01:20 AM
Originally Posted by Salespunk
Just a thought and I will probably get flamed, but why not offer to "buy" the paint protection for $6K instead of $2K? You get the car they want and they get the profit they want.

I do NOT condone what they did by the way. BUT these cars are so scarce that it might be worth it to pay $4K extra to get the car that you want.

Both dealers in SD suck. Nobody in Hoehn would talk to me when I was looking at a 997 and Pioneer refused to spend 10 minutes to show me a Range Rover.
i think most RS buyers dont care about paying 2k, 6k, 10k or 50k over for the car. but it's rather an issue of principal. most ppl who can afford these cars worked hard and must stuck to some principal / ethics to get to where they are to be able to buy these toys. just wonder how much longer these dealers will be around. eventually, tides will turn. remember the early 90's. porsche can't give their cars away and were struggling with bankruptcy. if their pricing structure and practice continues, many will simply move to ferrari's.

Old 01-21-2007, 10:40 AM
petert is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by mooty
many will simply move to ferrari's.
and some already have! ;-)

Old 01-22-2007, 01:39 AM
doccao is infamous around these parts
i think most RS buyers dont care about paying 2k, 6k, 10k or 50k over for the car. but it's rather an issue of principal. most ppl who can afford these cars worked hard and must stuck to some principal / ethics to get to where they are to be able to buy these toys. just wonder how much longer these dealers will be around. eventually, tides will turn. remember the early 90's. porsche can't give their cars away and were struggling with bankruptcy. if their pricing structure and practice continues, many will simply move to ferrari's.
Amen brother! At $150K, you have alot of choices. This may be a blessing in disguise if your attorney is bullnose enough get you some compensation for you pain-n-suffering thru 6speed.

Old 01-22-2007, 10:48 AM
justdumb is infamous around these parts
if their pricing structure and practice continues, many will simply move to ferrari's.
If you think this nonsense with the RS is bad, Ferrari dealers take it to another level.

Old 01-22-2007, 04:19 PM
AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !
I would love to contact Porsche and tell them how one of their dealers has 2 07 RS's available to sell me at the low low price of $50,000 over sticker... But that would be a waste of breath and words because PCNA doesn't give a rats *** about the customer...
Evan

Old 01-22-2007, 04:23 PM
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by F**K
If you think this nonsense with the RS is bad, Ferrari dealers take it to another level.
You aren't kidding there... My local dealer is pretty much useless. I guess I wasn't wearing the proper Italian leather loafers that day...

Old 01-24-2007, 04:47 PM
VEE-3 is infamous around these parts
**DISCLAIMER**
Please do no think I am trying to instigate with this post. I am merely providing a alternate point of view.

I actually work for a large automotive manufacturer and grew up in the Ferrari world as my Father was a dealer. We too have struggled with the "market adjustment" from some dealers. It is a difficult situation, as ultimately we don't own the dealers and legally can't tell them how to run their businesses. We can cooerce them, punish them, etc. but at the end of the day it hurts everyone. We have product we have to sell, we can't always just cut allocations. We have to have good relationships with our dealers, because without them we can't sell cars. We have an obligation to the customer too, but we can't force the dealer to sell a car at a particular price when they own the car and purchased it from the manufacturer.

Ultimately, in the original poster's case the dealer is taking advantage of a law in California that was intended to protect consumers. In CA, a dealer CAN NOT keep a deposit on a car no matter what. If I go down and custom order a purple car and it comes in and is ugly, I can get all my money back (this actually happened on a 246 Dino at Hollywood Sportcars back in the day with a guy my Dad knew). The dealer does not want to order a car that might not sell if the customer decides they don't want it if it has undesirable options. They also want to make some money while the "gettin is good", so they pack the options.

I don't agree with, or condone, what they are doing. Just providing a different point of view. I would still encourage you to contact PCNA as they can document it and it does come up during franchise renewals, allocations, etc.

Regards and best of luck,

Vernon

Last edited by VEE-3; 01-24-2007 at 04:56 PM.