GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

RS Order Gone Wrong

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-05-2006, 04:01 PM
Steve B in SD is on a distinguished road
dealer "teflon" & lo-jack installs is something I'd expect at Bob Baker Chevrolet on National City's Mile of Cars....

Not at a Porsche dealer. Everybody knows ANY dealer applied "paint sealant" is 100% pure profit for the dealer, and of no benefit for the car. The Satellite thing? who knows.. Either way, it's a b.s. way to run a business.

Old 12-05-2006, 04:27 PM
EnriqueCK is on a distinguished road
Last bought in the Fall '05. I obviously did not need/want this option. Their reply was "it would cost $800 to have it removed."

Old 12-05-2006, 07:59 PM
mowblowgo is on a distinguished road
I just spoke with Pioneer Porsche. They are interested in correcting this misunderstanding and building the car to my specifications. After discussing the issue with the sales manager, it sounds like it was a case of poor communication. Thank you all for your support.

Old 12-05-2006, 08:27 PM
eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by mowblowgo
I just spoke with Pioneer Porsche. They are interested in correcting this misunderstanding and building the car to my specifications. After discussing the issue with the sales manager, it sounds like it was a case of poor communication. Thank you all for your support.
translation - "we spoke with our legal department and realized that we were fUXorEd!"

Old 12-05-2006, 10:35 PM
lager99 is on a distinguished road
I had the same thing happen when Corvette was coming out with the C5's in 1997. I put down $2000 to get #5 of 7 they were getting. I hadn't heard anything for a few months & when I called they said I had no vin.

Another dealer I know said they always do this, sit on the money but sells the car to anyone willing to pay over.

When they offered my deposit back I told them to double it...the manager had no idea what I was talking about. I said that if I backed out they would keep my $2000 and they backed out so I want THEIR $2000. His words were "ya, it would be nice if it worked that way."

Dealers like this just **** me off...

Old 12-05-2006, 11:30 PM
exoticalex has a spectacular aura aboutexoticalex has a spectacular aura about
The biggest rip off is the "Perma Plate"... like it was said above, it is 100% pure profit. This sealant is part of any PDI, or detail... and is nothing more than a sham.

Glad to hear that the dealer is going to make things right. I guess your lawyer works fast!!!

Old 12-06-2006, 12:27 AM
C4Cortez will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by exoticalex
The biggest rip off is the "Perma Plate"... like it was said above, it is 100% pure profit. This sealant is part of any PDI, or detail... and is nothing more than a sham.

Glad to hear that the dealer is going to make things right. I guess your lawyer works fast!!!
Good for you. If they give any further problem, "specific performance" is the legal term you should work into your conversation w/pioneer. Also, as someone else mentioned earlier, "treble damages" (for fraudulent misrepresentation) is another contingency that applies. I hope it doesn't come to that, what is your spec?

Green air vent slats, green PCM panel...man that is frucking nuts!

Perma plate? total BS... reminds me of the old days, the infamous dealer 'AIT' charge (air in tires).

Old 12-06-2006, 04:50 AM
ScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond repute
Glad to hear it sounds like they've had a change of decision. If they have, then I think that's pretty stand up of them. I wouldn't go so far as to say great things about them because they would have tried to get away with it had you not been the squeaky wheel, but I'm glad you're getting YOUR car and not theirs. Let us know how this ultimately pans out. Hopefully tomorrow, they'll invite you in to spec the car to your liking. Good Luck!

Old 12-06-2006, 09:39 AM
Who let the dogs out...
Adrift is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Steve B in SD
dealer "teflon" & lo-jack installs is something I'd expect at Bob Baker Chevrolet on National City's Mile of Cars....

Not at a Porsche dealer. Everybody knows ANY dealer applied "paint sealant" is 100% pure profit for the dealer, and of no benefit for the car. The Satellite thing? who knows.. Either way, it's a b.s. way to run a business.
Reminds me of that scene in the movie Fargo. lol

It is too bad it had to play out this way. Will Pioneer be your servicing dealer? I wonder if they will toe the line now that you have shown you are ready and willing to call your lawyer, or whether they will hold a secret, but annoying, grudge.

Old 12-06-2006, 10:20 AM
Banned
Crod is a jewel in the roughCrod is a jewel in the roughCrod is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Adrift
or whether they will hold a secret, but annoying, grudge.
I have yet to visit a dealer that did not after being called on the carpet...Mine told me to "get out and never come back".

Old 12-06-2006, 10:48 AM
ritchieswimwear is an unknown quantity at this point
With the nice dealers out there, why even bother to try to work with *******s. Buy the car out of town from someone that wants your business and then deal with your local ******* (if they are one) for basic service. Why even try to work with a *******, get pissed at them, then buy the car out of town and worry about revenge in the service department. Do not even start with a bad dealers sales department. We should publish a list of the great dealers, not the *******s. Champion (South Florida) has been great for me, although a little pricey in the service department. But they stand behind their work. When buying any car out of town, the sales person knows they have one shot with an educated buyer, and does not play too many games.

Old 12-06-2006, 11:00 AM
Y65MPH will become famous soon enoughY65MPH will become famous soon enough
mowblowgo,

How are you specing the car? This dealer seems to be building clown cars. Why would a potential RS owner want Nav and all that painted crap on the inside. Illuminated sil plates...WTF. If the option does not make this car Go,Stop, or Turn better you don't need it. Hope it all works out well.

Does anyone know if the full leather option these two cars have delete the alcantera inserts?

Craig

Last edited by Y65MPH; 12-06-2006 at 11:03 AM.
Old 12-06-2006, 11:12 AM
Trundle997 has a reputation beyond reputeTrundle997 has a reputation beyond reputeTrundle997 has a reputation beyond reputeTrundle997 has a reputation beyond reputeTrundle997 has a reputation beyond reputeTrundle997 has a reputation beyond reputeTrundle997 has a reputation beyond reputeTrundle997 has a reputation beyond reputeTrundle997 has a reputation beyond reputeTrundle997 has a reputation beyond reputeTrundle997 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Y65MPH
mowblowgo,

How are you specing the car? This dealer seems to be building clown cars. Why would a potential RS owner want Nav and all that painted crap on the inside. Illuminated sil plates...WTF. If the option does not make this car Go,Stop, or Turn better you don't need it. Hope it all works out well.

Does anyone know if the full leather option these two cars have delete the alcantera inserts?

Craig
Alcantera is standard, no delete available regardless of leather option

Old 12-06-2006, 11:27 AM
Kurt RSF is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by mowblowgo
Congratulations! Please post your specs once you've ordered it!

Old 12-06-2006, 11:29 AM
frayed will become famous soon enough
Full leather adds leather (obviously) and even more alcantara (on the door panels).

You can delete the alcantara on the steering wheel. Not sure about other areas.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: RS Order Gone Wrong