Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

997GT3/RS Sports Exhaust switch defeat??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-26-2007, 02:27 PM
dealmaker is infamous around these parts
997GT3/RS Sports Exhaust switch defeat??

Guys,

I made a simple mod on my 997C4S Porsche sport Exhaust (PSE) to make it stay ON all of the time (so I didnt have to keep hitting the switch).

I simply disconnected the pink connector on top of the engine and there ya go - sports exhaust always open!

Question is - is the same modification do-able on my forthcoming GT3RS ??

Many thanks!

Old 07-26-2007, 03:31 PM
LittleJohny is infamous around these parts
I assume your 997 C4S isn't "coming soon" anymore?
What cars do your neighbours have? Your parents? Your brother/sister?

Have you seen this thread?
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ad.php?t=81372

Old 07-26-2007, 03:38 PM
kermit_S is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by dealmaker
Guys,

I made a simple mod on my 997C4S Porsche sport Exhaust (PSE) to make it stay ON all of the time (so I didnt have to keep hitting the switch).

I simply disconnected the pink connector on top of the engine and there ya go - sports exhaust always open!

Question is - is the same modification do-able on my forthcoming GT3RS ??

Many thanks!
Where is this pink connector?

Old 07-26-2007, 04:37 PM
NeverFastEnough is infamous around these parts
I think the connector in the GT3 (RS) is at the rear right of the engine and is blue.

I have not picked up my GT3 yet to check it but I have seen several posts on this topic, if not on this forum then definitely on others.

Old 07-26-2007, 04:40 PM
eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !
Mine wasn't blue. Just follow the hard vacuum lines up from the passenger side exhaust and you will see which plug to undo

Old 07-26-2007, 05:43 PM
NeverFastEnough is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by eclou
Mine wasn't blue. Just follow the hard vacuum lines up from the passenger side exhaust and you will see which plug to undo
You might be right. I was able to find some pics on another forum/webpage, and there might be some blue tape by the connector. I looked at the pic more closely and the plug itself is a much lighter colour. I'll have to look for it on my car this weekend.

Old 07-27-2007, 08:07 AM
Rec Racing has a spectacular aura aboutRec Racing has a spectacular aura about
I assume your 997 C4S isn't "coming soon" anymore?
What cars do your neighbours have? Your parents? Your brother/sister?

Old 08-07-2007, 08:03 AM
jsdkms is infamous around these parts
Can someone please post pictures of where the connector is located? Thanks.

Old 08-07-2007, 08:51 AM
P97
P97 is infamous around these parts
Right side of the engine bay behind the AC hoses

Attached Images   
Old 08-07-2007, 09:27 AM
jsdkms is infamous around these parts
THANKS - Do you just disconnect the plug or do you need to do anything else?

Old 08-07-2007, 10:27 AM
vincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond repute
Remember to squeeze in the locking wire clip and the plug.

Old 08-16-2007, 01:16 AM
DrPeter has a spectacular aura aboutDrPeter has a spectacular aura aboutDrPeter has a spectacular aura about
Anybody tried the button-mod route?

http://www.rennteam.com/showflat.php...0&fpart=2&vc=1

Last edited by DrPeter; 08-16-2007 at 05:56 PM.
Old 08-16-2007, 03:37 PM
fcar348 has a brilliant futurefcar348 has a brilliant futurefcar348 has a brilliant futurefcar348 has a brilliant futurefcar348 has a brilliant futurefcar348 has a brilliant futurefcar348 has a brilliant futurefcar348 has a brilliant futurefcar348 has a brilliant futurefcar348 has a brilliant futurefcar348 has a brilliant future
im interested in eliminating the 'artificial' sound changes that occur from idle to low to high rpm. these exists whether in sport mode or not. im talking about how it gets louder at idle then quieter again until over 4k rpm when it finally sounds right. i want it loud like it is over 4k rpm all the time.

will 'opening the valve' accomplish what im after or will that just make it sound same as sport mode without the ability to put it back into regular mode. that doesnt seem worth it to me since easy enough to just push the sport button on and keep flexibility to turn it off.

i guess it will need an aftermarket muffler to get what im looking for. not really keen on that for a leased car though

Last edited by fcar348; 08-16-2007 at 03:46 PM.
Old 08-16-2007, 03:50 PM
vincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by fcar348
im interested in eliminating the 'artificial' sound changes that occur from idle to low to high rpm. these exists whether in sport mode or not. im talking about how it gets louder at idle then quieter again until over 4k rpm when it finally sounds right. i want it loud like it is over 4k rpm all the time.

will 'opening the valve' accomplish what im after or will that just make it sound same as sport mode without the ability to put it back into regular mode. that doesnt seem worth it to me since easy enough to just push the sport button on and keep flexibility to turn it off.

i guess it will need an aftermarket muffler to get what im looking for. not really keen on that for a leased car though
Takes 1 second to pull the plug and put it back if you dont' like it.

Old 08-16-2007, 04:55 PM
fcar348 has a brilliant futurefcar348 has a brilliant futurefcar348 has a brilliant futurefcar348 has a brilliant futurefcar348 has a brilliant futurefcar348 has a brilliant futurefcar348 has a brilliant futurefcar348 has a brilliant futurefcar348 has a brilliant futurefcar348 has a brilliant futurefcar348 has a brilliant future
guess thats easy enough to try but what will result be? just sport button sound all the time with same annoying changes or something altogether different?

thanks to anyone who can describe it to me

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 997GT3/RS Sports Exhaust switch defeat??