Lamborghini Discussion on the Lamborghini Countach, Diablo, Murciélago, Gallardo, Reventón, Aventador, and new Huracán.

Bad Service: Beverly Hills Lamborghini

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-10-2008, 01:54 AM
lamvince will become famous soon enoughlamvince will become famous soon enough
and i dun think rolling in a maserati mean i dun got cash to buy it rite?

I hope Mr.M can read this go home and learn his lesson

Old 09-11-2008, 04:44 PM
TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !
I had a very similar experience with L-BH. I tried to set an appointment and got no response, no call back, no e-mail response, nothing. I dropped in and was met with complete indifference on a slow weekday. They told me the one car in inventory was $50k over sticker and the sales guy was very dismissive regarding my interest in finding a car. He took zero interest in me as a customer. L-OC took me seriously from my first e-mail and it's where I bought my LP. I don't get it. I do agree that Lamborghini would be better served with a different dealer- one that was actually interested in EARNING my business. L-OC has been terrific.

Old 09-11-2008, 11:28 PM
soothsayer will become famous soon enough
Ive experienced this arrogance from dealerships as well and its really irritating. It makes no sense for a salesman to treat a customer this way considering their pay is based on commission. Even if theyre busy all day, it doesnt cost a dime to be nice. It all boils down to maximizing potential income rather than settling for mediocrity. Seems like easy logic to me, but hey, no one has mistaken a car salesman for a rocket scientist.

Old 09-12-2008, 01:59 AM
Nico will become famous soon enoughNico will become famous soon enough
L-BH is horrible, you're way (10x) better off at L-OC, as everyone is saying...

Old 09-12-2008, 06:45 AM
TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !
I know the dealers have to put up with a lot of posers and the part I dislike the most is going in and having to say or do anything to qualify myself. Even if I say I have an LP, unless I drive up with it, given that I don't stick out as anyone special, I still feel like I have to jump through flaming hoops to prove I'm real. In the case of L-BH, there was a very strong "we don't need your business" attitude that was unique to them. I was looking for a specific car and I visited about six different Lamborghini dealerships and I'd say about half didn't think I was serious. L-OC treated me like I was an old customer right from the start and it was such a pleasant experience. I've met many other Lambo owners who had a similar "we don't need your business" experience with L-BH, yet I've met others who tell me they were great with them. I know I was turned off enough to never go back.

Old 09-12-2008, 08:29 AM
Trace can only hope to improve
Nice purchase!

My 2cents why some sales people have attitudes...regardless whether you are in Lambo or VW dealership.

Everyone on this thread seems to be hating the sales guys at BHL, and I totally understand why, but at the same time, there are two sides to every story.

You guys ever take the time to think that maybe we (the customers) approach the sales people with a little bit of an attitude (cocky/aggressive) at times? I don't own a Lamborghini, thank goodness, I'd probably kill myself driving one. But if I'm in the market in buying a Lambo, I may bring a little attitude with me, and why not...I'm going to spend over $300k at the store, I want my sales guy to work his a$$ off for his 1 hour worth of commission. That being said, maybe some customers (not implying the OP - just in general) brought some attitude as well and in return the sales guy says to himself, F#ck off, I don't need your money!

Last edited by Trace; 09-12-2008 at 08:33 AM.
Old 09-12-2008, 04:55 PM
Originally Posted by Trace
Nice purchase!

My 2cents why some sales people have attitudes...regardless whether you are in Lambo or VW dealership.

Everyone on this thread seems to be hating the sales guys at BHL, and I totally understand why, but at the same time, there are two sides to every story.

You guys ever take the time to think that maybe we (the customers) approach the sales people with a little bit of an attitude (cocky/aggressive) at times? I don't own a Lamborghini, thank goodness, I'd probably kill myself driving one. But if I'm in the market in buying a Lambo, I may bring a little attitude with me, and why not...I'm going to spend over $300k at the store, I want my sales guy to work his a$$ off for his 1 hour worth of commission. That being said, maybe some customers (not implying the OP - just in general) brought some attitude as well and in return the sales guy says to himself, F#ck off, I don't need your money!
Sorry, that's just not me. I treat everyone as I expect to be treated. It doesn't matter that I'm spending close to $500k for an LP. I don't expect to be given special treatment, and I was brought up to be polite at all times, (which isn't always easy when someone treats me badly). I have a terrific relationship with L-OC and everyone there and I have real empathy for those who have to put up with jerks who think that money gives them the privildge to treat others with less respect. With L-BH, I tried to set an appointment, I sent it via my company's e-mail, they could see I was the CEO and that we were reputable, but that didn't seem to matter, they were still indifferent. The best thing I can do is take my business somewhere else, which I did.

Old 09-12-2008, 08:23 PM
lei
lei is on a distinguished road
Dude we went in there excited to see the car.. it was a bad experience.. why would we want to go there with an attidude.. we simply ask for a good deal and offered to pay cash for the car, he simply gave us bad service thinking that we were just wasting his time.. he probably spent more time taking about how rich the owner of LBH is and that this dealership is he's side thing and that he didn't need to sell the car.

fyi, no sales guy will say f*uck off unless he's an idiot and not make a sale.. cuz keep in mind theres more then one dealership out there to get the same product.. bottom line is that he lost a easy deal..

Nice purchase!

Old 09-12-2008, 11:55 PM
lager99 is on a distinguished road
Nice purchase!

That's ridiculous...

Old 09-13-2008, 12:39 AM
lei
lei is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by lamvince
and i dun think rolling in a maserati mean i dun got cash to buy it rite?

I hope Mr.M can read this go home and learn his lesson
Vince you crack me up.. you drive a lambo yet you can lease a jetta.... stop paying cash and start building your credit...

Old 09-15-2008, 02:04 AM
lamvince will become famous soon enoughlamvince will become famous soon enough
Hey Will,
At least I dun have to worry about paying my loans now.

Old 09-15-2008, 03:23 AM
Depreciation aside- paying cash for cars makes sense in a down market. It doesn't when the investment returns are greater than the cost of the loan.

Old 03-23-2010, 10:31 PM
oversteerdawg is on a distinguished road
Wow guys, this is very disheartening to read. Sorry about digging such an old post out of the graveyard, but I wanted to try redeem our name. I was offered a position at Lamborghini Beverly Hills and I am starting on the 1st of April. I hope these bad experiences have not poisoned the well, so to speak.

For some unexplicable reason, salesmen go on these ego trips as if they're the ones that can afford these cars. Somehow it gets planted in their heads that the customer needs them more than they need the customer. I've seen it too many times and it's never made any sense to me.

I've been a lurker here since '06 and it would be great to meet some of you guys. Regardless of whether you ever want to give any of your future business to Lamborghini Beverly Hills, you guys are all more than welcome to come in for an espresso and to shoot the breeze about cars with me if you ever have time. While you're at it you can check out the Gallardo Super Trofeo we have here. It's supposed to be the only one in the country so I'm guessing most people have never seen one up close and personal. Hell, I'd love to check out some of your cars too.

I can't change what's happened in the past, but I can ensure that it doesn't happen again. Thanks for taking the time to read this. I'll get off the soapbox now.

Thomas Wu
Lamborghini Beverly Hills

Last edited by oversteerdawg; 03-23-2010 at 10:37 PM.
Old 03-24-2010, 02:19 AM
Hi Thomas- That post was back in 08 and I understand you are under new management, but the same owner. Honestly, I've not been back since, and I'm on my second Lamborghini and I'm now a Phantom owner too.

When I was in your store back in 08, they were giving a white Phantom owner lots of attention, as if they couldn't do enough for him while they treated me like I was completely invisible. It wasn't a case where the store was unusually busy either. I'd flown down from Seattle and I was with my assistant who saw the whole thing unfold and knew how much trouble we went through just to set an appointment. I was at a hotel down in OC at the time, before I even knew about the OC dealer and went through a lot of trouble to get up there. I wasn't asking for much at the time, but I definitely got the worst possible treatment and the only snob treatment of any dealer and I've since visited more than a dozen dealerships across the US.

I understand things are different now and I've met Manfred from your store. Still, that impression really stuck and I've never gone out of my way to go back. When I went to a run down in OC, I was sitting at a table with about ten other owners and at least five had the exact same experience and bought their car somewhere else. Yet I know people such as "Fastlane" who have nothing but great things to say about your store. I also know you deal with a lot of posers at that store. I completely get that however in this case I did everything I could to properly qualify myself.

I believe everyone there at the time has since left? Anyhow, Andrew (head of the Lamborghini club) thinks highly of you guys and that goes a long way with me.

Old 03-24-2010, 01:09 PM
Banned
gt2urbo will become famous soon enoughgt2urbo will become famous soon enough
the service department straight up lie to me about my clutch . told me i needed a new one asap and i shouldnt drive on it. drove it to a indepandant and found i had 70 percent left.... i had brought it to them because my paddle shift wasnt always shifting. they wouldnt touch it without replacing clutch...

Last edited by gt2urbo; 03-24-2010 at 01:14 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Bad Service: Beverly Hills Lamborghini