Lamborghini Discussion on the Lamborghini Countach, Diablo, Murciélago, Gallardo, Reventón, Aventador, and new Huracán.

Why are Lambo values falling more than Ferraris'

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-15-2008, 12:52 PM
993fan is infamous around these parts
I can't understand why so many people gripe about Audi parts and Audi engineering. The way that I see it, it's the best of both worlds. You let the Italians design and the Germans engineer. That results in a beautifully designed car that actually functions well.

As far as the interior is concerned, who cares where the parts are from? I have an Audi and I have a Lamborghini. When I sit in each car, there is a totally different feel for each. I don't feel any "lesser" in the Lamborghini because the ashtray is the same one used in the Audi.

Old 10-15-2008, 02:20 PM
Obie1 is infamous around these partsObie1 is infamous around these partsObie1 is infamous around these partsObie1 is infamous around these partsObie1 is infamous around these partsObie1 is infamous around these partsObie1 is infamous around these partsObie1 is infamous around these partsObie1 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by 993fan
I can't understand why so many people gripe about Audi parts and Audi engineering. The way that I see it, it's the best of both worlds. You let the Italians design and the Germans engineer. That results in a beautifully designed car that actually functions well.

As far as the interior is concerned, who cares where the parts are from? I have an Audi and I have a Lamborghini. When I sit in each car, there is a totally different feel for each. I don't feel any "lesser" in the Lamborghini because the ashtray is the same one used in the Audi.
Couldn't agree with you more. Somebody asked me if I looked under the rearview mirror of my DB9, because it says "Volvo" on it. Oh my god, I'm crushed! I just can't seem to get it out of my mind! Gimme a break....

Old 10-17-2008, 12:04 AM
BOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to behold
I think the people discussing the interiors as being a downfall really do not mean they are cheap pieces or that they are not functional. I simply think that people seem to want something unique and different when spending near 200k. I mean lambo has usually been in the market of making unique and completely outrageous vehicles (from exteriors to interiors). People expect their interiors to be different in a 200k lambo than a 50k Audi. However, with that being said, after spending some time in the Murci, I have to admit that a little german engineering in these italian machines is not all that bad of an idea. I think if lambo just did some minor changes to make the interiors of the gallardos less audi like those complaints would be gone cause the gallardo is one hell of a looker, performer and probably overall the most sound and practical supercar lamborghini has made.

Last edited by BOYRACER; 10-17-2008 at 02:24 AM.
Old 10-17-2008, 12:11 AM
Mr.PS is a splendid one to beholdMr.PS is a splendid one to beholdMr.PS is a splendid one to beholdMr.PS is a splendid one to beholdMr.PS is a splendid one to beholdMr.PS is a splendid one to beholdMr.PS is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by BOYRACER
I think the people discussing the interiors are being a downfall really do not mean they are cheap pieces or that they are not functional. I simply think that people seem to want something unique and different when spending near 200k. I mean lambo has usually been in the market of making unique and completely outrageous vehicles (from exteriors to interiors). People expect their interiors to be different in a 200k lambo than a 50k Audi. However, with that being said, after spending some time in the Murci, I have to admit that a little german engineering in these italian machines is not all that bad of an idea. I think if lambo just did some minor changes to make the interiors of the gallardos less audi like those complaints would be gone cause the gallardo is one hell of a looker, performer and probably overall the most sound and practical supercar lamborghini has made.
Somebody gets it..... for once without personal attacks or e-***** measuring!

Props!

Old 10-17-2008, 01:27 AM
gtr6speed is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Obie1
Couldn't agree with you more. Somebody asked me if I looked under the rearview mirror of my DB9, because it says "Volvo" on it. Oh my god, I'm crushed! I just can't seem to get it out of my mind! Gimme a break....
Ouch!

Old 10-17-2008, 10:57 AM
Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !
Since Porsche is buying up VW, which owns Audi, which owns Lamborghini, I doubt we're going to see many improvements in the coming years. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised to see Audi sell the Lambo marque in the next few years. If that happens, who knows what direction lambo will go.

Old 10-17-2008, 12:53 PM
norcal2 is infamous around these parts
Well VW owns Bentley, so perhaps some changes will cross over...

Old 07-19-2009, 10:35 AM
ExoticCarDriver is just really niceExoticCarDriver is just really niceExoticCarDriver is just really niceExoticCarDriver is just really nice
Was checking out cars.com today and noticed that the 430s are holding their value compared to a Gallardo..even with high mileage Does anyone know why?

Old 07-19-2009, 10:45 AM
enginyr is a splendid one to beholdenginyr is a splendid one to beholdenginyr is a splendid one to beholdenginyr is a splendid one to beholdenginyr is a splendid one to beholdenginyr is a splendid one to beholdenginyr is a splendid one to behold
I wouldn't call this holding value http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail...5&aff=national

Old 07-19-2009, 10:47 AM
ExoticCarDriver is just really niceExoticCarDriver is just really niceExoticCarDriver is just really niceExoticCarDriver is just really nice
Originally Posted by enginyr
The link isn't working.

Old 07-19-2009, 02:25 PM
norcal2 is infamous around these parts
"Was checking out cars.com today and noticed that the 430s are holding their value compared to a Gallardo..even with high mileage Does anyone know why?"
Compared to what? MSRP? Most new 430 owners in the day paid up to 50k+over MSRP thanks to FNA and the so called "privilage" bs of owning and ...Gallardo owners did not...so please tell me where you are coming up with the "value" drop....

Old 07-21-2009, 01:11 AM
eaglesbasketbal is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Mr.PS
Right, that's normal with Ferraris', but look at it this way. Those artificially high prices are still being accepted by buyers, which clearly shows the vehicles are more desirable then the Gallardo.
Or the irrationality of the buyers

Old 07-21-2009, 01:23 AM
eaglesbasketbal is infamous around these parts
And what's wrong with the Audi "parts bin?" You guys complain so much about the Gallardo's interior that I can't believe you haven't ripped on the Murcie's.

Old 07-21-2009, 11:11 AM
obrienkp is infamous around these parts
What do you think making a completely original interior for the gallardo would do to the price of the car?! Id rather the money be invested into the performance then giving me an interior with new nifty buttons, switches, and head units.

Old 07-21-2009, 06:09 PM
This is what I see on cars.com. Please note numbers below are based on coupes unless otherwise noted.

For 2005

14 used Gallardos (coupe/spyder), $94,900-129,000, 850-21,000 miles
54 used F430s (coupe/spider), $133,000-197,000, 1500-11,000 miles

For 2006

39 used Gallardos (coupe/spyder), 94,000-129,000, 4000-24000 miles
112 used F430s (coupe/spider), 139,000-189,000, 2100-26000 miles

The sad part is no numbers overlap!! Meaning a high mileage F430 will sell more than a lower mileage Gallardo

I'm a Gallardo owner and I am in no way trying to bash my fellow G-brothas but its quite disturbing to see the numbers above

Attached Images  

Last edited by ExoticCarDriver; 07-21-2009 at 06:15 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Why are Lambo values falling more than Ferraris'