Lamborghini Discussion on the Lamborghini Countach, Diablo, Murciélago, Gallardo, Reventón, Aventador, and new Huracán.

Is a Gallardo a daily driver?

Old 04-15-2010, 06:23 PM
BOOMER7 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by tourbillon001
drive a Gallardo everyday than be forced to suffer a souless car such as a lexus everyday. I agree a Gallardo might be extreme which is why I bought a 911 for DD and the G for weekends.
X2

Old 04-15-2010, 08:18 PM
Jonnydeep83 is on a distinguished road
I have an 06 Gallardo (E-Gear) and a 07 911TT, G car is much better as a weekend driver. The turning radius is kind of rough and I feel like the porsche is a little bit more well civilized (comfortable). Other thing is where your DD goes... Mine goes into the city and in a parking garage (public)... The 911 does not draw much attn so i don't mind. But the G is a little bit too flashly to be leaving out for 10 hours at a time w/ no supervision .. esp w/ the pissed off people in this economy. but thats just my 2 cents. Oh and I would recommend getting the 06 w/ the front end lift. pass on the 05

Old 04-16-2010, 05:57 AM
norcal2 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by tourbillon001
plugs are about 1000 and oil change is 400. If I actually worked while they were performing the service it I would come out ahead financially anyway and they will get it right and I might not
Now you are assuming the dealer is not going to mess things up! Ive had many vehicles that have been in for service, and Ive had to take back...., I enjoy working on my cars..so its not about the money or time for me..

Old 04-17-2010, 01:06 PM
glh
glh has much to be proud ofglh has much to be proud ofglh has much to be proud ofglh has much to be proud ofglh has much to be proud ofglh has much to be proud ofglh has much to be proud ofglh has much to be proud of
Of the cars you mention Gallardo all the way as a DD.

It's worth all the drawbacks, whatever anyone says.

Have fun they kick azz!

Old 11-08-2014, 07:04 PM
Wildcat1212 is a glorious beacon of lightWildcat1212 is a glorious beacon of lightWildcat1212 is a glorious beacon of lightWildcat1212 is a glorious beacon of lightWildcat1212 is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by norcal2
Now you are assuming the dealer is not going to mess things up! Ive had many vehicles that have been in for service, and Ive had to take back...., I enjoy working on my cars..so its not about the money or time for me..
Also there are times when he is not going to be working, in those times if he works on car he saves money plus one gets a boost that "I DID THAT MYSELF" I can do it.

Old 11-09-2014, 12:15 AM
Lamborghini Fanatic
LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !
I drove my 04 Gallardo with the egear software upgraded it to the SL software and high tech Kevlar clutch everyday with 0 issues....

I drive my LP560 everyday abd 0 issues.... Way better than my old 997TT.

Old 11-12-2014, 11:11 AM
E-Gear has a reputation beyond reputeE-Gear has a reputation beyond reputeE-Gear has a reputation beyond reputeE-Gear has a reputation beyond reputeE-Gear has a reputation beyond reputeE-Gear has a reputation beyond reputeE-Gear has a reputation beyond reputeE-Gear has a reputation beyond reputeE-Gear has a reputation beyond reputeE-Gear has a reputation beyond reputeE-Gear has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Sandman_ZZZ
I keep hearing about the cost of an oil change and spark plugs. Are these not things that can be done by yourself?
Mr. Sandman,

Yes, you can do those maint itesm yourself...it is not difficult it all.

Keep in mind though, most Lambo owners do not get their hands dirty; they much rather pay dealers or expensive indy shops for the work and thus why you hear about expensive cost of ownership stories.

As far as the clutch goes, believe it or not, replacing the clutch in my G-car was easier vs. my C6Z06 Corvette. Lambo dealers will stick it to ya whenever they can - how else you expect them to pay for those huge overheads.

Hope this helps

Old 11-13-2014, 02:12 PM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
Gallardo seems like more of a weekend car. I suppose it depends upon so many factors, such as budget (can you have a G and another fun car to drive like a Maserati or a Porsche Turbo), flexibility and ability to ingress/egress (are you more Cirque or Tin Man?), climate, etc.

Old 11-13-2014, 04:57 PM
Perk10 has a reputation beyond reputePerk10 has a reputation beyond reputePerk10 has a reputation beyond reputePerk10 has a reputation beyond reputePerk10 has a reputation beyond reputePerk10 has a reputation beyond reputePerk10 has a reputation beyond reputePerk10 has a reputation beyond reputePerk10 has a reputation beyond reputePerk10 has a reputation beyond reputePerk10 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by E-Gear
Mr. Sandman,

Yes, you can do those maint itesm yourself...it is not difficult it all.

Keep in mind though, most Lambo owners do not get their hands dirty; they much rather pay dealers or expensive indy shops for the work and thus why you hear about expensive cost of ownership stories.

As far as the clutch goes, believe it or not, replacing the clutch in my G-car was easier vs. my C6Z06 Corvette. Lambo dealers will stick it to ya whenever they can - how else you expect them to pay for those huge overheads.

Hope this helps
I don't think this helps. Sandman asked that question over 4 and a half years ago so he's probably gotten his answer by now.