Lamborghini Discussion on the Lamborghini Countach, Diablo, Murciélago, Gallardo, Reventón, Aventador, and new Huracán.

How tall are you Gallardo drivers?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-15-2012, 12:59 PM
ZO6ER is on a distinguished road
Suprised Mullet hasn't chimed in, I think he can stand on the floor board to see over the wheel. So I'd say he's "comfortable"

Old 03-16-2012, 01:18 PM
ice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by 07speed
ice350, I agree with you. Dont know how these people say they fit. Have been for the longest time itching to pull the trigger on a gallardo but headroom just isnt there. I'm 6' 3" (but long in the torso) and have to tilt my head. I just dont get how some of these tall guys say they fit comfortable. I guess everyones definition of comfortable is different.
The more I think about it I remember banging my head on the door frame getting in. I had to crane my neck to get in. Then I had to put the seat in an uncomfortable position to sit for a few minutes. No way I could have driven that thing. To make sure it's not just my opinion, I went to more than one dealer and the salesmen would tell me I couldn't fit.

Front engined Ferrari's can have the seat rails lengthened to create more legroom. But the Lambo's and other rear engined cars, that wouldn't be wise to do cause the firewall is in the way. So after lengthy discussions with salesmen, it was determined I would never be able to own a Gallardo nor Murcielago. I'm telling the salesman I have cash money right now and for them to tell me it's not possible to modify the seat rails safely, that says it all. It can be done but not safely. I was told I would have to sign a waiver promising to never sue them if I did attempt to modify the seating position.
I hear the Aventador has more room and I will check it out.

So I'll say it again, you guys must be willing to be uncomfortable in the car. I got no problem with that. My wife's feet hurt everytime she wears spiked heels but she refuses to change. I don't get it but it's her feet. She likes the look and comfort be damned.
In this case, it's your legs and feet. I was just curious. I'm not criticizing.

Last edited by ice350; 03-16-2012 at 01:20 PM.
Old 03-16-2012, 04:28 PM
Sandman_ZZZ is just really niceSandman_ZZZ is just really niceSandman_ZZZ is just really niceSandman_ZZZ is just really niceSandman_ZZZ is just really nice
^I went to look at gallardo at Lamborghinin of Dallas and I had to tilt my head to the side (6'5"). They said they could modify the rails. Said they do it quite often. Also contacted catsexotics and they said it could be done as well. Just an FYI

Old 03-17-2012, 10:30 AM
Banned
BGTHEMOGUL is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by ice350
So I'll say it again, you guys must be willing to be uncomfortable in the car. I got no problem with that. My wife's feet hurt everytime she wears spiked heels but she refuses to change. I don't get it but it's her feet. She likes the look and comfort be damned.
In this case, it's your legs and feet. I was just curious. I'm not criticizing.
And I will also say it again that we all fit COMFORTABLY in the car. There's about 8 of us who are all bigger guys in this thread that fit just fine.

Old 04-03-2012, 06:11 PM
tegu is on a distinguished road
6'3" 180lbs and fit fine in my spyder.. with the top down and seat@ lowest settings

Old 05-28-2015, 10:28 AM
Nurburg611 will become famous soon enoughNurburg611 will become famous soon enough
Reviving a really old thread. I went to sit in a 2007 Gallardo yesterday. I'm 6'3 tall and it felt tight or if I'm honest to myself probably too tight. Didn't take it for a test drive yet.

Later on sat in a Huracán and it was perfectly fine. Clearly a more spacious car but unfortunately out of budget.

Is it true that the Gallardo really isn't made for persons over 6 feet? I know some just make it work but slouching in the seat just to fit inside isn't really an option. I intend to bring my helmet next time (if I can't go on the occasional track day it's pointless anyway) but curious again what the cut off point really is. I guess it also comes down to torso height vs. length of legs. In any case, reclining the seat a bit made me fit without touching the roof but we're talking about less than half an inch of space. Certainly can't sit upright. I'm 190 pounds.

Old 05-28-2015, 11:06 AM
Sandman_ZZZ is just really niceSandman_ZZZ is just really niceSandman_ZZZ is just really niceSandman_ZZZ is just really niceSandman_ZZZ is just really nice
Originally Posted by Nurburg611
Reviving a really old thread. I went to sit in a 2007 Gallardo yesterday. I'm 6'3 tall and it felt tight or if I'm honest to myself probably too tight. Didn't take it for a test drive yet.

Later on sat in a Huracán and it was perfectly fine. Clearly a more spacious car but unfortunately out of budget.

Is it true that the Gallardo really isn't made for persons over 6 feet? I know some just make it work but slouching in the seat just to fit inside isn't really an option. I intend to bring my helmet next time (if I can't go on the occasional track day it's pointless anyway) but curious again what the cut off point really is. I guess it also comes down to torso height vs. length of legs. In any case, reclining the seat a bit made me fit without touching the roof but we're talking about less than half an inch of space. Certainly can't sit upright. I'm 190 pounds.
I'm 6'5" and had to tilt my head to the side to fit. No chance with a helmet. However, I put in tecnocraft t3 xl seats in the car and now I fit with a helmet and perfectly fine without.

Old 05-28-2015, 04:41 PM
Lamborghini Fanatic
LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !
I'm 6'2" tall, 270 pounds and I'm comfortable with my Gallardo....

Old 05-28-2015, 05:08 PM
saxonite is on a distinguished road
I'm 6'1", 205 and fit in both the Gallardo and Aventador just fine. I actually found both to be quite comfortable which was a surprise. I think one thing to keep in mind is how people are built. When my Dad and I are on road trips in his 350z, I have to move the seat up 1 inch or so after he's driven and recline it a couple degrees. We are the same height but he has more length in his legs and I have more in my torso. Food for thought to consider.

Old 06-01-2015, 08:07 AM
Nurburg611 will become famous soon enoughNurburg611 will become famous soon enough
Quick update from my actual test drive. I've found a comfortable position once I really settled in and started driving. Had to recline the seat a bit but nothing I wouldn't do under normal circumstances anyway.

Bummer: there is no way I can sit with a helmet on the stock seats. Track days will be a no go unless I switch out the seats.

Will have to think about it..

But I really liked the driving experience.

Old 07-21-2015, 04:02 AM
Rainmaker1 is on a distinguished road
I'm a solid 6'3' 270lbs and we took the superlegerra seat off the rails and actually bolted it directly to the floor to allow the headroom for a helmet. Without a helmet I fit in my wife's spyder with regular seats just fine.

Old 10-06-2015, 01:53 PM
glh
glh has much to be proud ofglh has much to be proud ofglh has much to be proud ofglh has much to be proud ofglh has much to be proud ofglh has much to be proud ofglh has much to be proud ofglh has much to be proud of
6'4" #285

I squeeze in fine....
*** end first then rotate the legs.

First ten seconds of this vid...

Old 10-14-2015, 11:16 AM
Korntera has a spectacular aura aboutKorntera has a spectacular aura aboutKorntera has a spectacular aura about
Im 5' 11" and fit great, but with a helmet on is a different story. With a proper fitting helmet my head is not comfortable.

Old 10-21-2015, 06:54 PM
Gallardo2020 is on a distinguished road
6-4, 220ish and no issues in my Spyder...

Old 10-24-2015, 07:24 AM
Former Vendor
Kai@ELITEMS has a brilliant futureKai@ELITEMS has a brilliant futureKai@ELITEMS has a brilliant futureKai@ELITEMS has a brilliant futureKai@ELITEMS has a brilliant futureKai@ELITEMS has a brilliant futureKai@ELITEMS has a brilliant futureKai@ELITEMS has a brilliant futureKai@ELITEMS has a brilliant futureKai@ELITEMS has a brilliant futureKai@ELITEMS has a brilliant future
5' 7" perfect size