Lamborghini Discussion on the Lamborghini Countach, Diablo, Murciélago, Gallardo, Reventón, Aventador, and new Huracán.

Underground Racing TT Lamborghini Gallardo 8 Second 1/4 Mile World Record Pass, ***VI

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-29-2012, 09:13 AM
300 is a glorious beacon of light300 is a glorious beacon of light300 is a glorious beacon of light300 is a glorious beacon of light300 is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by Shadowboost
The Viper is not anywhere close to as aero as a Gallardo. It has lower frontal area, but it's drag coefficient is terrible. Last Texas invitational, that was a brand new build driven by Tag for the first time. Viper also has drag radials. I don't think you have any idea of how fast the Stage 2 Race Versions are with drag radials.
Shadow, the second generation GTS Viper that had 1200 ish RWHP that was within 1-2 cars of the 1550 RWHP Gallardo in the final at the last TI has a drag coefficient of a .35. Drag X frontal area is lower for that car than a FGT and Lambo. Only a 911 or and RX 7 has a lower drag X frontal area.

There are videos on youtube of a 2006 Viper coupe on pump doing very well against a stage 2.

Old 09-29-2012, 09:39 AM
robmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond repute
I'm drinking the koolaid

Old 09-29-2012, 09:48 AM
Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 300

There are videos on youtube of a 2006 Viper coupe on pump doing very well against a stage 2.

not a Stage 2 RACE version.

You need to do some more reading online to improve your bench racing skills.

Old 09-29-2012, 10:07 AM
houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !
The Viper was out 1-2 cars on the G at the hit and the G walked by him without any problems. That motor probably makes 1450-1500 but the tranny sucks up a large portion of that power. Bottom line is that the Viper was fast but not near as fast as the G.
Peter

Last edited by houstonT; 09-29-2012 at 10:30 AM.
Old 09-29-2012, 10:35 AM
AverageJoe is just really niceAverageJoe is just really niceAverageJoe is just really niceAverageJoe is just really nice
Originally Posted by BMWS1000RR
a big cube rwd car will do nothing but spin from a roll on an unprepped highway. to be able to hook up that much power with just 2 wheels you need to be able to load up the suspension and transfer the weight. good luck doing that once you're already rolling.
+1

I just don't see anything touching this car. There are no, zero, zilch, nada 180mph cars out there that will hook near as well as this car on the street from a roll. Or even from a dig on an unprepped surface.

Old 09-29-2012, 10:52 AM
Shadowboost is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by 300
Shadow, the second generation GTS Viper that had 1200 ish RWHP that was within 1-2 cars of the 1550 RWHP Gallardo in the final at the last TI has a drag coefficient of a .35. Drag X frontal area is lower for that car than a FGT and Lambo. Only a 911 or and RX 7 has a lower drag X frontal area.

The Viper has a 0.39 Drag coefficient for the GTS (0.45 for the RT/10). I hope you're not using values from Wikipedia and using them as a reference... because their figures are from vipercentral, the only site to mention it being so low, and even they state the GTS frontal area to be 20.5 ft^2. Meaning it would STILL have larger CdA than a Superleggera
There are dozens of cars with a lower CdA

The video you mention is from A LONG TIME AGO. And no, it wasn't even on full race fuel nor with the boost at max.

Last edited by Shadowboost; 09-29-2012 at 11:01 AM.
Old 09-29-2012, 11:40 AM
greekc6 Is a GOD !greekc6 Is a GOD !greekc6 Is a GOD !greekc6 Is a GOD !greekc6 Is a GOD !greekc6 Is a GOD !greekc6 Is a GOD !greekc6 Is a GOD !greekc6 Is a GOD !greekc6 Is a GOD !greekc6 Is a GOD !
Congrats ugr. 180mph+ trap is incredible. Keep on breaking your own records. Looks like no one else is

Old 09-29-2012, 12:15 PM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Mullet
not a Stage 2 RACE version.

You need to do some more reading online to improve your bench racing skills.

Old 09-29-2012, 03:26 PM
Dans776 is a jewel in the roughDans776 is a jewel in the roughDans776 is a jewel in the rough
The aero don't mean sheet on the viper. They have terrible down force issues. Meaning you can only apply x amount of power at x speed due to the tire only being able to take so much. The ford gt doesnt have the best c.e but they have about 300 lbs of down force on the rear tires at 130mph and as we all know they do well in the mile. A viper that makes 1700 rwhp will go in the 240s and a fgt will go 257 with the same or a little less power..

Congrats to Ugr and Ray... Pretty badass time..

We all know the Lambos are the fastest, why is there not a time slip on this pass? It's not like it can go 8.30s from a dig on the street. Can't see how the time slip will affect Ti or the mile???

Last edited by Dans776; 09-29-2012 at 03:30 PM.
Old 09-29-2012, 05:45 PM
Shadowboost is on a distinguished road
Because it will also show in gear acceleration for back half mph pickup and time for that

Old 09-29-2012, 06:03 PM
AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !
Big congrats to Kevin, KC and the entire crew at Underground!!

Something about those white SL's.

Old 09-29-2012, 07:14 PM
iBoost has a spectacular aura aboutiBoost has a spectacular aura aboutiBoost has a spectacular aura about
How much better traps is this car capable of as is? 187-190?

What kind of power do you think is needed to be a solid 190-200mph car?

Old 09-29-2012, 07:48 PM
300 is a glorious beacon of light300 is a glorious beacon of light300 is a glorious beacon of light300 is a glorious beacon of light300 is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by houstonT
The Viper was out 1-2 cars on the G at the hit and the G walked by him without any problems. That motor probably makes 1450-1500 but the tranny sucks up a large portion of that power. Bottom line is that the Viper was fast but not near as fast as the G.
Peter
Go to about 3:20 in the video.

The Viper was on 16 PSi 1200 RWHP max. Whether it was 1 car out on the hit or not, it was closer than I thought it would be:

If the Viper was running more boost it would have been closer. I agree the G was definitely faster, but the Viper was not running that much power because the ignition was breaking up with more boost. That Viper was built about 5 years ago and does not have near the money one of these G's has in the build. Not saying the G isn't one of the if not the best for those who can afford it, but there are other platforms out there that are great too.

Originally Posted by AverageJoe
+1

I just don't see anything touching this car. There are no, zero, zilch, nada 180mph cars out there that will hook near as well as this car on the street from a roll. Or even from a dig on an unprepped surface.
A red UR Viper went 7.98 @ 183 MPH in around 2007 the same lane as the G.

Welcome to almost as fast as the Viper platform 5 years ago.

I think it was in Turbo Magazine and was a great marketing vehicle for the guys at UR back then.

Fast forward to today, and check out this video:

Does anybody here seriously think this car would not RAPE any TT G by any tuner including UR or Heffner on the street?

I only bring this up because people here, AverageJoe, are saying the most recent UR 8.3 @ 181 is untouchable on the street and I beg to differ.

Originally Posted by Shadowboost
The Viper has a 0.39 Drag coefficient for the GTS (0.45 for the RT/10). I hope you're not using values from Wikipedia and using them as a reference... because their figures are from vipercentral, the only site to mention it being so low, and even they state the GTS frontal area to be 20.5 ft^2. Meaning it would STILL have larger CdA than a Superleggera
There are dozens of cars with a lower CdA

The video you mention is from A LONG TIME AGO. And no, it wasn't even on full race fuel nor with the boost at max.
Shadow, I am quoting the magazines when the GTS coupe came out and they listed the CD to be .35 as well as one of the original brochures for the GTS coupe when it came out. The internet has a lot of misinformation. Whether you believe me or not, is irrelevant. The GTS coupe's aero is pretty good is all I was getting at. Sal's Viper picks up 45 MPH in the 2nd 1/8 mile, It can't be too much of a brick!

Here is what it says below the video:

55 to 150+ Lambo gets the hit and Viper easily stops the pull, and starts out running the lambo before they let off. Amazing that the Viper on its lowest setting and 93 octane is faster than a 1260RWHP Lambo on straight race fuel and high boost!

Jeez, that can't be good for TT G business.......

I still think an all out TT G is 'almost' unbeatable on the street, but if someone gets serious about a Viper build the G's will have competition.

If the G's were to run Sal on the street, they would get decimated period!

I'm not saying for the typical TT G crowd that a 2 speed powerglide Viper with no overdrive is as sexy a ***** to drive around making women's **** fly out of their blouses as it is with a TT G and the monster 4 wheel bite, but it could still break some hearts is all I'm saying.

Originally Posted by Dans776
The aero don't mean sheet on the viper. They have terrible down force issues. Meaning you can only apply x amount of power at x speed due to the tire only being able to take so much. The ford gt doesnt have the best c.e but they have about 300 lbs of down force on the rear tires at 130mph and as we all know they do well in the mile. A viper that makes 1700 rwhp will go in the 240s and a fgt will go 257 with the same or a little less power..
Dan, tell Sal Patel his car does not have enough downforce to have enough traction to put on 45 MPH from the 1/8 @ 163 MPH to almost 208 the 1/4! LOL!

BTW the carbon fiber wrapped Viper that went 240 in the mile was not making 1700 RWHP to do so. It bounced off the boost cut 3 or 4 times for the last 1/4 mile so was not under that power the whole way to be able to say it needed every bit of 1700 RWHP to go 240.

Remember, people always say they are making X power when in actuality they are making less. Gale Banks used to always say he was making some crazy horsepower for the media people when he was not.

You can say that X person was running X boost and makes that much power on a dyno, but just because they are running that boost by the end of the mile with much higher AIT's, they are typically making less power and fail to mention that when they say how much power they are running to go X MPH.

Last edited by 300; 09-29-2012 at 08:04 PM.
Old 09-29-2012, 08:06 PM
Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !
You should lay off the caffeine.

Old 09-29-2012, 08:12 PM
Originally Posted by Mullet
You should lay off the caffeine.
Just got back from Starbucks!

I can't ignore the responses of my homies!

Last edited by 300; 09-29-2012 at 08:26 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Underground Racing TT Lamborghini Gallardo 8 Second 1/4 Mile World Record Pass, ***VI