Lamborghini Discussion on the Lamborghini Countach, Diablo, Murciélago, Gallardo, Reventón, Aventador, and new Huracán.

Underground Racing TT Lamborghini Gallardo 8 Second 1/4 Mile World Record Pass, ***VI

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-29-2012, 08:38 PM
AudiBull Is a GOD !AudiBull Is a GOD !AudiBull Is a GOD !AudiBull Is a GOD !AudiBull Is a GOD !AudiBull Is a GOD !AudiBull Is a GOD !AudiBull Is a GOD !AudiBull Is a GOD !AudiBull Is a GOD !AudiBull Is a GOD !
How did a UGR world record thread turn into a "I think under ideal circumstances a hypothetical viper could beat this lambo" thread? Here's how you prove your argument. Go buy a GTS, throw 100k at it, hit up Mullet or anyone else with a TTG R, then see what happens. Plenty of people have tried. Some of the guys you're typing to have run 7 second vipers on the street and come out on top. Alot of guys who have owned vipers have switched platforms because of the advantages of AWD on the street. There's this guy named SW who switched, maybe you've heard of him.

Last edited by AudiBull; 09-29-2012 at 08:45 PM.
Old 09-29-2012, 08:59 PM
AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !
300 has 21 post and an agenda.

Old 09-29-2012, 09:40 PM
BMWS1000RR has a spectacular aura aboutBMWS1000RR has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by 300
Go to about 3:20 in the video.

The Viper was on 16 PSi 1200 RWHP max. Whether it was 1 car out on the hit or not, it was closer than I thought it would be:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkTehUixiQo

If the Viper was running more boost it would have been closer. I agree the G was definitely faster, but the Viper was not running that much power because the ignition was breaking up with more boost. That Viper was built about 5 years ago and does not have near the money one of these G's has in the build. Not saying the G isn't one of the if not the best for those who can afford it, but there are other platforms out there that are great too.

A red UR Viper went 7.98 @ 183 MPH in around 2007 the same lane as the G.

Welcome to almost as fast as the Viper platform 5 years ago.

I think it was in Turbo Magazine and was a great marketing vehicle for the guys at UR back then.

Fast forward to today, and check out this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtT16xjn-Nw

Does anybody here seriously think this car would not RAPE any TT G by any tuner including UR or Heffner on the street?

I only bring this up because people here, AverageJoe, are saying the most recent UR 8.3 @ 181 is untouchable on the street and I beg to differ.

Shadow, I am quoting the magazines when the GTS coupe came out and they listed the CD to be .35 as well as one of the original brochures for the GTS coupe when it came out. The internet has a lot of misinformation. Whether you believe me or not, is irrelevant. The GTS coupe's aero is pretty good is all I was getting at. Sal's Viper picks up 45 MPH in the 2nd 1/8 mile, It can't be too much of a brick!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cfu88mxScFE&NR=1

Here is what it says below the video:

55 to 150+ Lambo gets the hit and Viper easily stops the pull, and starts out running the lambo before they let off. Amazing that the Viper on its lowest setting and 93 octane is faster than a 1260RWHP Lambo on straight race fuel and high boost!

Jeez, that can't be good for TT G business.......

I still think an all out TT G is 'almost' unbeatable on the street, but if someone gets serious about a Viper build the G's will have competition.

If the G's were to run Sal on the street, they would get decimated period!

I'm not saying for the typical TT G crowd that a 2 speed powerglide Viper with no overdrive is as sexy a ***** to drive around making women's **** fly out of their blouses as it is with a TT G and the monster 4 wheel bite, but it could still break some hearts is all I'm saying.

Dan, tell Sal Patel his car does not have enough downforce to have enough traction to put on 45 MPH from the 1/8 @ 163 MPH to almost 208 the 1/4! LOL!

BTW the carbon fiber wrapped Viper that went 240 in the mile was not making 1700 RWHP to do so. It bounced off the boost cut 3 or 4 times for the last 1/4 mile so was not under that power the whole way to be able to say it needed every bit of 1700 RWHP to go 240.

Remember, people always say they are making X power when in actuality they are making less. Gale Banks used to always say he was making some crazy horsepower for the media people when he was not.

You can say that X person was running X boost and makes that much power on a dyno, but just because they are running that boost by the end of the mile with much higher AIT's, they are typically making less power and fail to mention that when they say how much power they are running to go X MPH.
it seems you are forgetting one VERY important component in highway racing. TRACTION. good luck putting down 1500+rwhp/rwtq in a viper on an unprepped highway. you simply CANNOT compare 1/4 times to highway stuff, it is a TOTALLY different ball game, i cant believe people dont grasp that concept.

Old 09-29-2012, 09:43 PM
v10brat is a name known to allv10brat is a name known to allv10brat is a name known to allv10brat is a name known to allv10brat is a name known to allv10brat is a name known to all
You should lay off the racing
Originally Posted by Mullet
You should lay off the caffeine.

Old 09-29-2012, 10:29 PM
300 is a glorious beacon of light300 is a glorious beacon of light300 is a glorious beacon of light300 is a glorious beacon of light300 is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by AudiBull
How did a UGR world record thread turn into a "I think under ideal circumstances a hypothetical viper could beat this lambo" thread? Here's how you prove your argument. Go buy a GTS, throw 100k at it, hit up Mullet or anyone else with a TTG R, then see what happens. Plenty of people have tried. Some of the guys you're typing to have run 7 second vipers on the street and come out on top. Alot of guys who have owned vipers have switched platforms because of the advantages of AWD on the street. There's this guy named SW who switched, maybe you've heard of him.
Hey, I like all the exotics including FGT's and the Lambos. Oh and Audis too Mr AudiBl!

People are saying the G is unbeatable.

I have given props to all involved.

I am just responding to remarks of the Gallardo being invincible.

I started out talking about a bige cube domestic that 60 foots 1.3's having a chance in a low speed start to 160 where many street races take place.

People said bad aero, so I bring up a GTS coupe that is big cube and domestic and has pretty good aero and has gone faster in the 1/4.

Not a hypothetical Viper, but one UR built and also one that just ran a 6.

I have acknowleged that unless any RWD car has a wrinkle wall tire, it will not run with the G's on the street. And that the AWD platform on street or road race tires is unbeatable especially since drag radials are not suited for over 160 MPH in anything but a straight line.

Nobody seems to disagree Sal's Viper would beat any TT Gallardo.

Yes, the new G's beat older technology Vipers built 5-6 years ago with new owners not being run to the fullest like they were back in the day by the people who built them. Your perception of oh yeah TT G owners having run 7 second Vipers on the street and come out on top is not the complete picture.

Sure SW had a TT Viper, but not built to the level of the 2 automatic Vipers I posted videos of here. I am sure SW appreciates a nut swinger to vouch for him, but he does not need your help or anybody else's for that matter.

I do not have an agenda, just discussing go fast **** with a bunch of G men who don't like to hear anything that is different from what they believe.

Last time I checked, this is 6 speedonline, not a Lambo forum.

Have a great night guys.

Old 09-29-2012, 10:39 PM
300 is a glorious beacon of light300 is a glorious beacon of light300 is a glorious beacon of light300 is a glorious beacon of light300 is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by BMWS1000RR
it seems you are forgetting one VERY important component in highway racing. TRACTION. good luck putting down 1500+rwhp/rwtq in a viper on an unprepped highway. you simply CANNOT compare 1/4 times to highway stuff, it is a TOTALLY different ball game, i cant believe people dont grasp that concept.

One thing you may not be grasping is that that 8.3 was on probably one of the fastest lanes on any drag strip in the country that is prepped with VHT from the start line to the finish line. They will not hook the power of the 8.30 quite as well on an unprepped highway either.

If you say the 1/4 to the highway stuff is not comparable, how about the race between the Blue UR Viper and Tag driving the 1550 RWHP TT G at 3:20 on the Texas invitational video I posted above.

That auto Viper with the big tires on what looks to be like 15 inch rims had no problem putting down the power. It was making about 300 RWHP less if you look at the dyno numbers to boot.

How is that not comparable? Give me a break!

Old 09-29-2012, 11:01 PM
Berto670 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by 300

Last time I checked, this is 6 speedonline, not a Lambo forum.
I think you are in the lamborghini section so yeah you are literally in a lambo forum !!

Old 09-30-2012, 12:05 AM
v10brat is a name known to allv10brat is a name known to allv10brat is a name known to allv10brat is a name known to allv10brat is a name known to allv10brat is a name known to all
300 you bring up some good points, however at the at the TI event the Viper tag raced was a car sporting a powerglide which in the real world is not considered a street transmission . The Viper may have put down 1200 WHP although I think it was more it but it was putting that power through a powerglide that robs a lot of HP inexchange for a car that only has one shift and makes it much more manageable for the viper to put the power to the ground .
Not sure about you but I consider that a race car . The Lambo was robbed by a solid two carlengths at the start and made it up plus put 2 to three on the viper . I am sure Tag won't let that happen again
If the viper had a more streetable sixspeed the out come would have been way worse for him let alone being on R888s as the Lambo was .

The appeal of The G's is that they are exotics very streetable and can run with and beat most everything on the street from a roll and now a dig too . Sals car is a race car and is a very impressive one at that . I would love to see Sal's car cruising the streets of Texas at TX2K13 and doing a few freeway runs I may even find a few races for him .

Most of the smarter guys here know no matter what you have someone is gonna beat you but like you said without slicks or a powerglide very few big motor domestics will stand a chance againt the TTGs .At the end of the day the Lambo still beat the Viper I personally don't think a spread of 5 carlengths is considered close . You are comparing a street car to a race car . Sal's car would own TI but themn so would a bunch of other drag cars .personally I think they should have a seperate class for cars like that .
Thats just my two cents worth but what do I know

Originally Posted by 300
One thing you may not be grasping is that that 8.3 was on probably one of the fastest lanes on any drag strip in the country that is prepped with VHT from the start line to the finish line. They will not hook the power of the 8.30 quite as well on an unprepped highway either.

If you say the 1/4 to the highway stuff is not comparable, how about the race between the Blue UR Viper and Tag driving the 1550 RWHP TT G at 3:20 on the Texas invitational video I posted above.

That auto Viper with the big tires on what looks to be like 15 inch rims had no problem putting down the power. It was making about 300 RWHP less if you look at the dyno numbers to boot.

How is that not comparable? Give me a break!

Last edited by v10brat; 09-30-2012 at 12:22 AM.
Old 09-30-2012, 06:32 AM
Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by v10brat
You should lay off the racing
you should fix your busted G

Old 09-30-2012, 07:34 AM
Pizzamangtr is a splendid one to beholdPizzamangtr is a splendid one to beholdPizzamangtr is a splendid one to beholdPizzamangtr is a splendid one to beholdPizzamangtr is a splendid one to beholdPizzamangtr is a splendid one to beholdPizzamangtr is a splendid one to behold
What had happen was, an IRS car being compared to a luxury/exotic car build.

Old 09-30-2012, 08:25 AM
HA HA busted or not really messed up your big debut LOL !
Originally Posted by Mullet
you should fix your busted G

Old 09-30-2012, 08:36 AM
Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !

Old 09-30-2012, 08:46 AM
Wow ! you got me really good there . That must make you feel much much better

Old 09-30-2012, 08:49 AM
PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !
Bill vs Jason in grudge match @ TI.?

Old 09-30-2012, 08:51 AM
Former Vendor
Underground Racing Is a GOD !Underground Racing Is a GOD !Underground Racing Is a GOD !Underground Racing Is a GOD !Underground Racing Is a GOD !Underground Racing Is a GOD !Underground Racing Is a GOD !Underground Racing Is a GOD !Underground Racing Is a GOD !Underground Racing Is a GOD !Underground Racing Is a GOD !
Come on guys, take your meds, lol

Last edited by Underground Racing; 09-30-2012 at 09:02 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Underground Racing TT Lamborghini Gallardo 8 Second 1/4 Mile World Record Pass, ***VI