Lamborghini Discussion on the Lamborghini Countach, Diablo, Murciélago, Gallardo, Reventón, Aventador, and new Huracán.

Gallardo SE, 2006 - Electrical problems. !Need help!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-08-2012, 05:01 AM
Isvak is on a distinguished road
Gallardo SE, 2006 - Electrical problems. !Need help!

Hi.
I´ve recently bought a Gallardo SE. Everything worked just fine when I bought it about a month ago.

Problems now:
1. The Car doesn't start. No spark.
2. The Siren is going constantly and I can´t get it to stop.
3. The car indicates a E-gear malfunction symbol.

Here's what happened:

When I unlocked the car last week the siren/Alarm went of and I could not get it to stop.
I had to disconnect the battery to make it stop. I only unlocked the car when the Alarm went of, I didn´t touch it. The battery had about 7-9v when it all started so that must have been the reason.

The car has immobilizer and an aftermarket tracking alarm. It says "Best Idea" on the remote.

I did a battery check after recharging it. Seems to be ok. 13,1 V.
I tried with another battery aswell, but with no progress.

TWO DAYS LATER:

I continued to try to lock/unlock, press the button on both the remote and behind the chairs. Nothing happened. And then suddenly when I inserted one of the keys the alarm stopped and the car started. I let it run for about 5minutes and then tried to start the car with the other key - it worked.
I thought everythink was fine so I locked the car and put the car cover on.
THEN about 3 minutes later the alarm started again. So now i'm back on square one again.... ****.

Called Lamborghini in Denmark and they said that the Alarm and the Engine block/Immobilizer are two different systems. So he said that the engine should run, if you have the right key, even if the alarm is activaded/broken. And I know that both keys worked last week.
So his advice was to try to get the car going again and see if that solves the alarm problem aswell. Meaning that the car should reset itself again is it runs for a while.

SO I checked the fuses behind the seats today and found that both fuses to the "engine managment" (+30 L.I.E.) were burnt/broken. I replaced the fuses and tried again - nothing happened. The fuses stayed intact but the car didn´t start. The starter cranks though.
So I checked the ignition and found out that there´s no spark, at least on the 1-5 cylinder bank. AND the sparkplugs was dry - no fuel.

I also added another 20 liters of fuel in the tank to be sure that that wasn´t the problem. It now indicates half tank.

There are no strange symbols showing on the dashboard. It says OK. It shows an E-gear malfunction symbol though. But i´m thinking that´s only because the battery has been disconnected and not started afterwards.
The egear primes when I open the door.... It shifts without problem when the ignition is on. (1;st , 2;nd , Neutral and Reverse)

I've resistance checked all relays and inspected all fuses. Nothing broken. Still no spark.

I've got 1500km one way to the closest Lamborghini Dealer...

Summary:
1. The car worked fine.
2. Then all the problems started after the battery ran out of some reason.
3. The problems kept going for a few days and then suddenly stopped - the car worked fine again. The car started and ran perfectly.
4. I locked the car and everything seemed to be fine. Then 5 minutes later all the problems started again, for no reason.
6. The car hasn't started since then.

Any ideas what could be wrong?

Grateful for all advices.

Old 11-08-2012, 05:47 PM
RADIUS has a spectacular aura aboutRADIUS has a spectacular aura aboutRADIUS has a spectacular aura about
So you are missing spark and fuel which sucks. If only 1 it would be much easier to diagnose. Is this what the alarm disables? You need to figure out why you had those failed fuses. That is most likely going to be the cause of this mess.

Old 11-08-2012, 08:41 PM
djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !
i would contact the previous owner if you know who that was

also, contact the installer or the manufactuer of this aftermarket alarm to see what it does and how it functions. see if you can disable it all together

it sounds like that's what is screwing your car up. be careful with the lambo electronics. it's fragile so you don't want to fry them, very costly

if you can't figure out, ask a local mechanic to look into it. a good stereo shop is an option too.

Old 11-08-2012, 11:27 PM
aznevoviii is just really niceaznevoviii is just really niceaznevoviii is just really niceaznevoviii is just really niceaznevoviii is just really nice
Most of our car's electronic problems come from bad battery.

Try optima yellow top battery, I can bet you it will solve most or all of your problems.
It's only $150, and it will save you a lot than going to dealer..
Trickle charging old battery doesn't solve these problems.

Please take my words and let me know what happens.

Old 11-09-2012, 11:43 PM
medici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud of
These cars are do very weird things with low voltage. First and foremost: get a new battery and try again.

Last edited by medici78; 11-09-2012 at 11:45 PM.
Old 11-12-2012, 07:03 AM
Isvak is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by aznevoviii
Most of our car's electronic problems come from bad battery.

Try optima yellow top battery, I can bet you it will solve most or all of your problems.
It's only $150, and it will save you a lot than going to dealer..
Trickle charging old battery doesn't solve these problems.

Please take my words and let me know what happens.

I bought a Optima Yellow top battery today, $ 450....
Still the same problems. No difference at all. :-(

Old 11-12-2012, 05:20 PM
Banned
k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !
Sounds to me like the alarm is still active and is disabling the starting features of the vehicle.

Old 11-21-2012, 08:00 AM
antoniosz32 is a name known to allantoniosz32 is a name known to allantoniosz32 is a name known to allantoniosz32 is a name known to allantoniosz32 is a name known to allantoniosz32 is a name known to all
Find brain and rip it out. Use the stock alarm