Lamborghini Discussion on the Lamborghini Countach, Diablo, Murciélago, Gallardo, Reventón, Aventador, and new Huracán.

Could a Stage "R" TTG take a Hennessey Venom GT in a race?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-05-2013, 11:19 AM
bpfergu is on a distinguished road
Could a Stage "R" TTG take a Hennessey Venom GT in a race?

I know this is a "ricey" question, but I had to ask it.

The Venom GT produces 1244 bhp and weighs 2743 pounds, so power to weight are very similar to that of the highest HP TT Gallardos.

Has some sort of race between the two ever been attempted? If no, I sure would like to see it.

Old 04-05-2013, 11:38 AM
revracer is just really nicerevracer is just really nicerevracer is just really nicerevracer is just really nice
Yes. The issue with the Venom GT is it will have issues hooking from a roll on a street tire.

Old 04-05-2013, 05:03 PM
iBoost has a spectacular aura aboutiBoost has a spectacular aura aboutiBoost has a spectacular aura about
I'm pretty confidant an R-Version would be able to pull one. By how much? I'm not sure.

A 2R would crush one though. Not that it matters though because the chances of these cars lining up anytime soon is slim IMO.

Old 04-05-2013, 09:44 PM
Jim Campbell is on a distinguished road
They run nearly identical half mile times of 204/5 mph. The traction argument we know well. We need them to line up in the presence of GoPro's i suppose.

Ta

Old 04-06-2013, 04:11 AM
Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Jim Campbell
They run nearly identical half mile times of 204/5 mph. The traction argument we know well. We need them to line up in the presence of GoPro's i suppose.

Ta
a 1550hp R version ran 212 in the half recently. Next month there is the Houston half mile, I'm sure there will be a few R versions there.

Old 04-06-2013, 08:51 AM
BlownVette has a spectacular aura aboutBlownVette has a spectacular aura aboutBlownVette has a spectacular aura about
I don't think the maker of the VGT wants to see this race happen. Maybe a VGT owner would oblige a run at a TI type event.

Given the reported power levels of each, weight, available transmissions, and traction, I think the UGR SL R would cross the line first.

Old 04-07-2013, 08:07 AM
Jim Campbell is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Mullet
a 1550hp R version ran 212 in the half recently. Next month there is the Houston half mile, I'm sure there will be a few R versions there.
Oh yeah the one over in Qatar good point. Still, i think it would cool to see particularly from the traction point of view. It is a very impressive production car. I think the greatest complement paid to it was the review by EVO magazine where they said it could mix it with the big European super cars in terms of sophistication and handling.

I am going to nominate you to make the race happen. Lots of GoPro's please

Old 04-07-2013, 08:18 AM
Former Vendor
Underground Racing Is a GOD !Underground Racing Is a GOD !Underground Racing Is a GOD !Underground Racing Is a GOD !Underground Racing Is a GOD !Underground Racing Is a GOD !Underground Racing Is a GOD !Underground Racing Is a GOD !Underground Racing Is a GOD !Underground Racing Is a GOD !Underground Racing Is a GOD !
Have they ever released any 60-130 times?

Old 04-07-2013, 08:48 AM
jhbchess is just really nicejhbchess is just really nicejhbchess is just really nicejhbchess is just really nicejhbchess is just really nice
Originally Posted by Underground Racing
Not that i've seen. They have 0 to 60mph 100mph, 186.411mph (released as a 300kph time), and 200mph. And a 1/4 mile time (9.92@163). http://www.venomgt.com/the-venom-gt/specifications/

From those you could extrapolate 60-100mph and 100 to 186mph I guess.

Old 04-07-2013, 10:46 AM
Bolt-OnM3 is on a distinguished road
My money would be on the UGR R all day.

Old 04-07-2013, 10:56 AM
Tuskir has a spectacular aura aboutTuskir has a spectacular aura about
I think UR wins based on 1/4 mile trap speeds. 163mph trap speed is very impressive, but there is a video of UR gallardo going 181mph in the 1/4 mile. Anything can happen on the street though, it would be a great race

Old 04-07-2013, 09:59 PM
HennesseyPerformance is a splendid one to beholdHennesseyPerformance is a splendid one to beholdHennesseyPerformance is a splendid one to beholdHennesseyPerformance is a splendid one to beholdHennesseyPerformance is a splendid one to beholdHennesseyPerformance is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Underground Racing
Not sure what our best 60-130 time is though its probably nothing special compared to the street racers out there. Been working on some high speed runs lately.

Old 04-08-2013, 08:12 AM
Former Vendor
Underground Racing Is a GOD !Underground Racing Is a GOD !Underground Racing Is a GOD !Underground Racing Is a GOD !Underground Racing Is a GOD !Underground Racing Is a GOD !Underground Racing Is a GOD !Underground Racing Is a GOD !Underground Racing Is a GOD !Underground Racing Is a GOD !Underground Racing Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by HennesseyPerformance
Not sure what our best 60-130 time is though its probably nothing special compared to the street racers out there. Been working on some high speed runs lately.

Great job on the GT!! See you guys at the 1/2 mile event.

Old 04-09-2013, 08:57 AM
jhbchess is just really nicejhbchess is just really nicejhbchess is just really nicejhbchess is just really nicejhbchess is just really nice
The car looks bad *** in person. One of the 'busas got some video of it driving out.

Old 04-10-2013, 11:02 PM
Got-Busa? is a jewel in the roughGot-Busa? is a jewel in the roughGot-Busa? is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Mullet
Are you planning on racing?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Could a Stage "R" TTG take a Hennessey Venom GT in a race?