Lamborghini Discussion on the Lamborghini Countach, Diablo, Murciélago, Gallardo, Reventón, Aventador, and new Huracán.

Lamborghini Gallardo Purchase Advice

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-22-2019, 03:14 PM
olkarz is an unknown quantity at this point
I Want to buy a Gallardo and need advice

Hello everyone. I'm interested in purchasing a pre-owned Gallardo and would like to have some input regarding your ownership experiences. I don't make $100k per year, but I have no debt and I can wrench on my own cars. I've read most of the blogs that recommend staying away from the Pre- '06 Gallardos, unless it is a 6 speed manual.
I have a friend that has his own shop and will let me use 1 of his lifts if necessary for any repairs that may require it.
The Gallardos are starting to show up in Atlanta in my price range sub $90 with between 15k to 35k miles on them.
I noticed that the seats do not fair very well with age with these cars, which was also my experience with my Jag XkR.
Any advice that you can give is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Mike

Last edited by olkarz; 01-31-2019 at 06:03 AM. Reason: Correct Title spelling.
Old 01-22-2019, 04:31 PM
C4Sbeebe Is a GOD !C4Sbeebe Is a GOD !C4Sbeebe Is a GOD !C4Sbeebe Is a GOD !C4Sbeebe Is a GOD !C4Sbeebe Is a GOD !C4Sbeebe Is a GOD !C4Sbeebe Is a GOD !C4Sbeebe Is a GOD !C4Sbeebe Is a GOD !C4Sbeebe Is a GOD !
subscribed to this thread, as i also have interest potentially in a gallardo and would love to hear some feedback.

Old 01-28-2019, 11:42 PM
RAudi Driver has much to be proud ofRAudi Driver has much to be proud ofRAudi Driver has much to be proud ofRAudi Driver has much to be proud ofRAudi Driver has much to be proud ofRAudi Driver has much to be proud ofRAudi Driver has much to be proud ofRAudi Driver has much to be proud ofRAudi Driver has much to be proud of
i'm also looking for a 2013 or 2014 gated. Would love a superlegerra.

Old 02-01-2019, 10:13 AM
socialpro is a name known to allsocialpro is a name known to allsocialpro is a name known to allsocialpro is a name known to allsocialpro is a name known to allsocialpro is a name known to all
Originally Posted by RAudi Driver
i'm also looking for a 2013 or 2014 gated. Would love a superlegerra.
I just sold my '13 Gated Gallardo - they are very hard to find (only 59 USA gated LP cars) and command a significant premium over the e-gear cars. There are only several gated LP SLs in the usa. Great cars if you can get your hands on one!

Can always do a e-gear to manual swap as well, for around $20K.

Good luck!

Old 02-02-2019, 10:53 AM
Boxzing is on a distinguished road
Years ago, I looked into a Gallardo, test drove one and didnt like the driving position and small cockpit of the car. I'm only 5'-9" and 155 lbs but I felt squeezed into the car. So make sure it fits you.

I didn't buy the car and instead bought a Ferrari 360 spider. Like any oldish exotic, be prepared to be able to pay for many items that may be bad with the car. Some of these items, you may not be able to fix yourself. I'd put aside about $10k to be used to get the car in proper order right after purchasing. Good luck with your purchase. Are you on Lambo Talk?

Old 02-09-2019, 08:47 PM
RAudi Driver has much to be proud ofRAudi Driver has much to be proud ofRAudi Driver has much to be proud ofRAudi Driver has much to be proud ofRAudi Driver has much to be proud ofRAudi Driver has much to be proud ofRAudi Driver has much to be proud ofRAudi Driver has much to be proud ofRAudi Driver has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by socialpro
I just sold my '13 Gated Gallardo - they are very hard to find (only 59 USA gated LP cars) and command a significant premium over the e-gear cars. There are only several gated LP SLs in the usa. Great cars if you can get your hands on one!

Can always do a e-gear to manual swap as well, for around $20K.

Good luck!
Yes, I was watching your car over on Rennlist and that's what got the juices flowing. I wanted that car, but hesitated.

Old 02-09-2019, 08:47 PM
I'm on lambo talk.

Old 02-09-2019, 09:00 PM
socialpro is a name known to allsocialpro is a name known to allsocialpro is a name known to allsocialpro is a name known to allsocialpro is a name known to allsocialpro is a name known to all
Originally Posted by RAudi Driver
Yes, I was watching your car over on Rennlist and that's what got the juices flowing. I wanted that car, but hesitated.
I'm going to go back for another at some point. Should have kept the car I had, it was better than brand new and I know there aren't many left in that condition. Prices will definitely only climb. My suggestion is if you find a clean gated LP pick her up and hold on to her for dear life as there is literally not many exotics in such an exclusive bracket of limited cars made.

Old 02-12-2019, 03:23 PM
Ozzir is on a distinguished road
Socialpro should be shot for ever selling what was probably one of the nicest Gallardos ever and a manual to boot. LOL.. Damn. I would kill to find a deal on a manual G. Mine is an 06 G Spyder. I have had it for 4 years now and Ive only had 1 problem with it and that was weak battery which on the G's will cause a whole bunch of problems. They are a very reliable car if theyve been taken of properly. If they have been abused they can cost you a small fortune to repair. Mine is an egear and although many prefer the egear I still hate it after 4 summers. It does nothing for me at all and I find it totally boring but I hate any automatic or automated car. Im old school. I would recommend joining Lamborghini-talk as there are a lot of guys on there and a ton of info you can search through. I would say you are way better off to spend a little more money on a well sorted and checked over G. It will save you tenfold over buying a cheap car that's been abused.

Old 02-12-2019, 03:28 PM
Originally Posted by Ozzir
Socialpro should be shot for ever selling what was probably one of the nicest Gallardos ever and a manual to boot. LOL.. Damn. I would kill to find a deal on a manual G. Mine is an 06 G Spyder. I have had it for 4 years now and Ive only had 1 problem with it and that was weak battery which on the G's will cause a whole bunch of problems. They are a very reliable car if theyve been taken of properly. If they have been abused they can cost you a small fortune to repair. Mine is an egear and although many prefer the egear I still hate it after 4 summers. It does nothing for me at all and I find it totally boring but I hate any automatic or automated car. Im old school. I would recommend joining Lamborghini-talk as there are a lot of guys on there and a ton of info you can search through. I would say you are way better off to spend a little more money on a well sorted and checked over G. It will save you tenfold over buying a cheap car that's been abused.
No reason to kill anyone over this - but I will agree with the nicest Gallardo sentiment referenced. The car was a gem (honestly too nice to drive). Might look into Pre-LP 6 speeds at some point.

I had my 570-4 e-gear and hated that transmission after several cruises around the block. To me the shift action got old real quick and I did not enjoy it one bit.

Old 02-12-2019, 03:47 PM
Ozzir is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by socialpro
No reason to kill anyone over this - but I will agree with the nicest Gallardo sentiment referenced. The car was a gem (honestly too nice to drive). Might look into Pre-LP 6 speeds at some point.

I had my 570-4 e-gear and hated that transmission after several cruises around the block. To me the shift action got old real quick and I did not enjoy it one bit.
I was just busting your *****. LOL.. That car was amazing.