Lamborghini Discussion on the Lamborghini Countach, Diablo, Murciélago, Gallardo, Reventón, Aventador, and new Huracán.

Prestige Import's Strikes Again.... Well, they tried anyway:)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-02-2007, 05:54 PM
Most-Wanted has a reputation beyond reputeMost-Wanted has a reputation beyond reputeMost-Wanted has a reputation beyond reputeMost-Wanted has a reputation beyond reputeMost-Wanted has a reputation beyond reputeMost-Wanted has a reputation beyond reputeMost-Wanted has a reputation beyond reputeMost-Wanted has a reputation beyond reputeMost-Wanted has a reputation beyond reputeMost-Wanted has a reputation beyond reputeMost-Wanted has a reputation beyond repute
Prestige Import's Strikes Again.... Well, they tried anyway:)

So here's the deal. Looked at a fairly high priced 05 Gallardo at Prestige. I asked about the remaining clutch life(Egear) and they gave me a speech that all their cars are inspected on trade in and the clutches are replaced if less than 60%. So, I let it go. Yesterday, as I am anxious to pick up my car I realized I had never gotten the numbers on the clutch life remaining and called. I said to the salesman I refuse to pick up the car until I get the numbers and can see them for myself. 1 hour goes by and I get a phone call from the manager. He says how picky I am and he is too, so he'd like to replace the clutch so it's new and we'll share the cost. See where I'm going with this??? At first it seemed fair and than I remebered the conversation about 60%. On top of this he still didn't give me the number. I called back and declined the car. Here's what pisses me off. My main concern in buying an Egear car is the clutch. They consoled me and said all their cars have 60% or better. On purchase day I said I need to see the numbers and then they want to do favors and charge me an extra 2k to put in a new clutch. Do you want to know what the life remaining was on the clutch. Through smoke and mirrors it ended up being 18%. So, in short, if I wasn't so cautious as to demand the clutch numbers I would've paid 154k for a 10k mile, no clear bonnet, no nothing 05. This type of crap really ruins the buying experience and makes me want to drive a Civic. Sorry, had to vent and at least let people know to be very, very cautious in dealing with Prestige.

Old 08-02-2007, 05:59 PM
Phoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant future
Thanks for the heads up. Much appreciated.

Old 08-02-2007, 06:10 PM
alkyoneus has a spectacular aura aboutalkyoneus has a spectacular aura aboutalkyoneus has a spectacular aura about
so what did end up doing?

Old 08-02-2007, 06:20 PM
Most-Wanted has a reputation beyond reputeMost-Wanted has a reputation beyond reputeMost-Wanted has a reputation beyond reputeMost-Wanted has a reputation beyond reputeMost-Wanted has a reputation beyond reputeMost-Wanted has a reputation beyond reputeMost-Wanted has a reputation beyond reputeMost-Wanted has a reputation beyond reputeMost-Wanted has a reputation beyond reputeMost-Wanted has a reputation beyond reputeMost-Wanted has a reputation beyond repute
I backed away from the deal. I can't deal with someone who can't be honest with me. If they misrepresented that, what else could be hidden. They said they would install a new clutch and I would pay an extra $2k. So the total would've been $156k. Too much(my opinion) for an 05 with 10k miles and no clear bonnet, etc.

As for sharing this info, I feel it's important to post info like this on forums to protect potential customers from being taken advantage of. Kind of keeps the playing field as fair as possible.

Old 08-02-2007, 07:48 PM
turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !
i haven't heard many good things about prestige

Old 08-02-2007, 08:33 PM
sftobr is on a distinguished road
I liked them better when Irv was there.Do not like the way it is run now at all.Stay away from their used Lambos!!!

Old 08-02-2007, 09:34 PM
Bobby_P is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by turbo187
i haven't heard many good things about prestige
Nor have I.

Old 08-02-2007, 10:11 PM
PorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant future
wow, cant believe that. u should just buy Shank's 06 lambo G for 165...you know its in amazing shape and you have the options to boot.

Old 08-02-2007, 10:44 PM
Former Vendor
Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !
Roy Cats has an 06 with similar miles for a similar price. Wayyyy too cheap but he's selling it. Tell him I sent you, he's a good guy.

Old 08-03-2007, 12:41 AM
PorscheC4-seriously considering it

Stryke- I just got off the phone with Kevin at Cats Exotics. They have been great. They even assisted me and gave advice when I was buying from another place. A1 in my book. Only problem with working with them is my C55 needs to go. I am so frustrated at this point I am going to sell it back to a dealer at auction numbers just to open up opportunities like Shanks or something from Cats Exotics.

Old 08-03-2007, 07:32 AM
Wheelman is on a distinguished road
Its a shame they are willing to compromise their ethics and honesty to make a quick buck. You did the right thing..who knows what else they're not telling you about the car. Their view is-If you don't ask the right questions, then they didn't lie.

Old 08-03-2007, 03:38 PM
Wheelman- You are 100% correct. I can't figure it out myself. They know I'm big in the forums and definitely can do some harm to them. I thought for sure I would've gotten a call from them saying" hey, we got caught with our pants down and we'd like do right here. We'll install the new clutch and sell as planned for $154). I would still probably be hesitant, but at least it would've shown they are a little concerned. No such calls.....

Old 08-03-2007, 09:42 PM
PTarga is on a distinguished road
Yet another dealer that thinks customers are unaware of the internet.

Old 08-06-2007, 12:02 PM
Banned
Call911 is on a distinguished road
Damn. It sounds like you should've purchased that Gallardo from Manny @ The Collection for $142 with only 5,000 miles ( with 68 %) clutch life

=)

Old 08-06-2007, 12:52 PM
Will Party for Food!!!!
Jeremy has a reputation beyond reputeJeremy has a reputation beyond reputeJeremy has a reputation beyond reputeJeremy has a reputation beyond reputeJeremy has a reputation beyond reputeJeremy has a reputation beyond reputeJeremy has a reputation beyond reputeJeremy has a reputation beyond reputeJeremy has a reputation beyond reputeJeremy has a reputation beyond reputeJeremy has a reputation beyond repute
What are the numbers on your C55?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Prestige Import's Strikes Again.... Well, they tried anyway:)