Lotus Evora, Elise, Exige, Esprit, Seven etc.

Lotus Future Models

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-21-2012, 06:15 AM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
Lotus Future Models

Lotus Elite:
Front engine, Toyota 5.0 V8 with some sort of F/I having two trim levels mid-500HP, and low-600HP
7sp DCT
RWD
0-62 3.5secs
Top Speed 196mph

Lotus Espirit:
Mid-engine, two engine variants speculated #1 Lexus 5.0 w/supercharger and #2 in-house, both offering mid-500HP with another trim offering mid-600HP) w/KERS
7sp Dual Clutch
RWD
2 seater
0-62 3.4secs
Top speed 205mph
Target competition: Ferrari 458.

Lotus Elan:
Mid engine, 4.0 V6 (mid-400HP) w/KERS
7sp Dual Clutch
RWD
2 seater (optional 2+2)
0-62 3.5secs
Top speed 192mph (est)

Lotus Elise:
Mid-engine, 2.0 DOHC 4cyl Forced Induction offering just over 300HP
6sp manual standard, optional 7sp DCT
RWD
projected 0-62 4.3secs
Top speed 170mph (est)

I'm not going to show the sedan or their 'city' car, just the sports car lineup. The wife and I are quite taken by the Elan. It is a nice blend of performance expectations, price, looks, and technology.

Old 06-21-2012, 08:14 AM
PoloTurbo is on a distinguished road
Thanks for the post.
I saw the same cars in R&T a year back I think.
Still a long way out as Lotus were having financial problems in the article.

Really like the Elise ans Elan. Hot looking interior also.

Old 07-01-2012, 10:50 AM
Apex Chase is on a distinguished road
I hope Lotus is able to bring these cars to market. I love them.

Old 07-01-2012, 04:12 PM
Enilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond repute
Elite has F12 Berlinetta profile to it on the front end, which is really nice. Really liking those line-ups.

Old 07-01-2012, 07:06 PM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
Agreed...

This lineup is surely not for the Lotus purists...

I see a lot of Ferrari, Lamborghini and McLaren styling cues and philosophies, with Lotus principles (Chapman's influence), at Lotus prices and performance. It makes sense when we learn that the designer came from the 458 Italia project at Maranello...

I like them... the only debate is which one to get.

Wife likes the Elise and Espirit
Kids like the Espirit
I like the Elan

Decisions decisions... I think I'm just going to wait and see which ones actually come out, and how much they look like these prototypes.

Old 07-01-2012, 11:15 PM
djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !
this is really old news.

if you follow lotus more closely, you'll realize that these prototype are just vaporware. they will never see production due poor management by lotus ad proton.

lotus will be bought out soon. their update to elise is about 5 years over due. the evora was a huge flop

Old 07-02-2012, 07:47 AM
Originally Posted by djantlive
this is really old news.

if you follow lotus more closely, you'll realize that these prototype are just vaporware. they will never see production due poor management by lotus ad proton.

lotus will be bought out soon. their update to elise is about 5 years over due. the evora was a huge flop
I know it was old news (some of those prototypes came out over 2 years ago). But relatively recently they've been added to the Lotus website as future models (able to at least be configured in their current paint schemes).

Their position as a business has been in jeopardy for over 50 years. I'm not really concerned about whether or not they will be bought or who takes ownership for any period of time. I mean, some of the more sought after vehicles are sought after because they didn't have major backing, and were always produced in limited numbers - i.e. Lamborghini was bought, Aston Martin, now - even Porsche is teaming up with big money. So their financial status doesn't really concern me... What does is the willingness of this company to allow these prototypes to hit production.

I almost want them to be bought, to help ensure that my warranty will still mean something, 2 years after I purchase a 2017 Espirit.

I'm not putting all of my eggs in this Lotus basket - but I am saying right now that I'm watching their situation closely, and eagerly awaiting the release news about these upcoming models. If there is a hint of any of these being created, I'm already sold.

Old 07-02-2012, 08:37 AM
djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !
They better get sold or the retards that manage the company will run it into the ground with publicity stunts like these prototypes that goes no where.

Old 07-06-2012, 11:14 PM
986_c6 is on a distinguished road
Back to the design aspect...don't the front ends, except the Elite, all look the same to you guys?

Old 07-07-2012, 01:31 PM
Originally Posted by 986_c6
Back to the design aspect...don't the front ends, except the Elite, all look the same to you guys?
Yes, there are definitely some similarities.

I think that's why I like them - there is brand identity (not unlike most other brands - like BMW, Porsche, Lexus, etc...).

I mean - doesn't the Boxster, Cayenne, Cayman, Panamera, and 911 all have similar front ends? The Panamera, Cayman, Boxster, and 911 all have similar styles and design cues. I don't see anything wrong with this.

There are clear differences to me (as any owner of the above vehicles I mentioned would point out as well), but enough similarities that would identify them unmistakably as Lotus.

Old 07-08-2012, 01:50 PM
986_c6 is on a distinguished road
I can see the brand identity thing, but part of the reason why people got so pissed (well 911 guys did) when the 986/996 first came out with the same "fried egg" headlights was because a higher end model looked exactly the same as the lower end model.

Ferrari's have definite differences in their models...purpose built front/rear ends for what they are (coupes/GT/supercars/women Ferraris/etc)

Old 07-08-2012, 02:15 PM
KK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud of
The whole reason those (stunning) cars were developed were because Lotus is/was having so much financial trouble. There is ZERO chance of any of those getting made with the current structure.

Just like detailing your junker before you sell it, throwing some new paint in a house, or working out in a gym until you get married and fat.

Try to make it look attractive to the next suitor.

Old 07-13-2012, 08:08 AM
6speedRob is on a distinguished road
Stupid company is stupid.

Instead of focusing resources on federalizing the new Exige/Elise, they go and blow their wad on not one, not two but FIVE concept cars that will never see the light of day.

It's just more of the same with these jokers. At least the CEO is gone - that's a start.

Old 08-03-2012, 10:09 AM
Banned
sabrinadaisy is on a distinguished road
Amazing acceleration.. nice cars.