Macan Forum for the new Porsche Macan

Sold out?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-25-2014, 09:20 PM
landsteam is on a distinguished road
Sold out?

I saw some reports that production will be 50,000 units, other stories wrote that the car was sold out before production started.
When I called some dealers they said they will only receive ten cars.
They said the Macan be a limited production.
What is the real deal?

Old 01-26-2014, 02:11 AM
Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by landsteam
I saw some reports that production will be 50,000 units, other stories wrote that the car was sold out before production started. When I called some dealers they said they will only receive ten cars. They said the Macan be a limited production. What is the real deal?
Limited production is not true... Don't let anyone tell you that. It's gonna be Porsche's volume model, so it certainly will not be a limited production.

I think, the people that told you that are mixing things up. The anual production will be 50000 units, but Porsche will take that up to 80000 units, because in some European countries, like Germany, the Macan is already sold out for 2014, before production has even begun.

If you want one this year, you'll have to be fast I guess. At my dealership here in Switzerland, one can only sign for delivery in 2015. All allocations for 2014 are sold.

Suzy991 (iOS app)

Old 01-27-2014, 12:36 PM
vicmariani is on a distinguished road
Suzy991 is absolutely correct, the Macan is not a limited production vehicle, it is going to be produced in large quantities. Audi R8, Spyder 918, GT3 are all VW family limited production vehicles, produced in small numbers and will also become collectible vehicles. A lot of macans are going to be built and once all the hype for the vehicle is gone during the first couple of years, you will be able to grab a used one at a very reasonable price.

Old 02-02-2014, 11:42 AM
Casper 1 is on a distinguished road
Patiently waiting, my dealership has indicated inventory delivery will start in April. THAT is all in know.

Old 02-02-2014, 06:39 PM
That's right, new macans should start arriving at dealers sometime in April, I have a printout from my dealer that shows mine, will be available first week in May. The vehicle is already in high demand, some countries already sold out before hitting the show rooms. I placed my order end of November, so about 90 days or so away from the big day.

Old 02-03-2014, 01:02 PM
Former Vendor
ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !
I heard the same thing as Suzy also. I'm really hoping they have one at the Cleveland Auto Show, as I missed the Detroit Show.

Old 02-03-2014, 04:32 PM
Originally Posted by ECS Tuning - Porsche
I heard the same thing as Suzy also. I'm really hoping they have one at the Cleveland Auto Show, as I missed the Detroit Show.
I read on line that they are going to have the Macan on display at the Philadelphia auto show, this month. I heard that it is a pretty good show.

Old 02-03-2014, 10:56 PM
fastm3 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by vicmariani
I read on line that they are going to have the Macan on display at the Philadelphia auto show, this month. I heard that it is a pretty good show.
Looks like that's the case: http://www.phillyautoshow.com/featur...porsche-macan/

Old 02-06-2014, 04:59 PM
MAL993RS is on a distinguished road
I heard that they will have one at the Chicago auto show this week and next. If anyone is going, would love to see close up pics of the rear seats and cargo area

Old 02-11-2014, 08:03 AM
Dennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to behold
I did speak to my Porsche dealer about the Macan before I decided to order an Audi SQ5. My dealer told me that he will start receiving his initial allocations and orders in early May. They are all sold out. However, he did say that I would be able to order a Macan and have it delivered by mid to late summer.

Old 02-11-2014, 08:36 AM
I canceled my order due to supply shortages on certain options and it is scheduled for delivery in May. Just waiting now for the launch event to check it out, just going to wait until different colors and more optios become available. Test drove a Q5 diesel, nice ride, SQ5 should be a sweet ride!

Old 02-11-2014, 11:40 AM
Banned
CALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by vicmariani
I canceled my order due to supply shortages on certain options and it is scheduled for delivery in May. Just waiting now for the launch event to check it out, just going to wait until different colors and more optios become available. Test drove a Q5 diesel, nice ride, SQ5 should be a sweet ride!
Just bought my wife a 2014 Q5 TDI Prestige with the 20 in 5 spokes, BO etc. She loves it as do I. We also own a Q7. My daughter has it on the East Coast while attending College. We have been getting around 32 MPG in mixed driving so far. The Macan is nice but certainly not worth the price IMO.

Old 02-11-2014, 11:58 AM
empunker is a glorious beacon of lightempunker is a glorious beacon of lightempunker is a glorious beacon of lightempunker is a glorious beacon of lightempunker is a glorious beacon of light
You can't go wrong with either the SQ5 or the Q5 3.0 TDI.

Old 02-11-2014, 12:20 PM
Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by empunker
You can't go wrong with either the SQ5 or the Q5 3.0 TDI.
Very true! Both are very nice. SQ5 is more sporty (stiffer suspension), the Q5 is more comfortable. The Macan is a great car and a true Porsche, but it wouldn't be if its base (Q5) wasn't a great car as well.

Suzy991 (iOS app)

Old 02-11-2014, 02:55 PM
Originally Posted by CALGUY
Just bought my wife a 2014 Q5 TDI Prestige with the 20 in 5 spokes, BO etc. She loves it as do I. We also own a Q7. My daughter has it on the East Coast while attending College. We have been getting around 32 MPG in mixed driving so far. The Macan is nice but certainly not worth the price IMO.
32 MPG, that's great. The Q5 TDI felt really good even though it was just a short distance road test. Some people mentioned loud engine and turbo lag, I owned a Golf TDI and it was way louder than the Q5. Once in the cabin and rolling I didn't hear any noise from the engine, it did have some lag as expected from a turbo diesel engine but in my opinion it was not bad at all.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Sold out?