Macan Forum for the new Porsche Macan

Color selections are so limited !!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-16-2014, 10:12 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Color selections are so limited !!!

I go to the configurator then to google to look for a photo then back to the configurator. Then I stall.

I just don't understand why there aren't more selections . I see the blue car for example at the world premiere yet even that color is not on the configurator yet its the main photo on the Porsche site ?

The interior choices are causing the dealbreaker for me and I keep trying to move beyond it . I already have two black interior cars . Then I look at my Cayenne with the beautiful umber/creme and I can't part with it as much as i want the Macan Turbo. I see photos online of other two tone combinations yet they are not offered

I am stalemated .. at least for the moment . Unless i just settle on what's offered and i am not there .. YET .
I might just hang onto the Cayenne a little longer . Just not sure.

Last edited by yrralis1; 03-16-2014 at 10:25 PM.
Old 03-16-2014, 11:19 PM
khabah is a splendid one to beholdkhabah is a splendid one to beholdkhabah is a splendid one to beholdkhabah is a splendid one to beholdkhabah is a splendid one to beholdkhabah is a splendid one to beholdkhabah is a splendid one to behold
You and I both. I've been looking forward to the Macan since the tarted-up Q5 prototypes were running about and the world premiere with the sapphire blue Macan S and the pebble/agate grey interior in the Macan Turbo really got me fired up.

I always thought it was unfortunate that Porsche heavily promoted those two cars when the car debuted yet failed to specify when they would be available. I do agree that the current exterior and interior color combinations are dull but a lot of key options are also not available to order... yet:
- Sapphire blue and impulse red exterior colors
- Pebble/agate grey, saddle brown/luxor beige interior options
- Sports exhaust system
- SportDesign exterior kit
- LED headlights
- PDCC
- PCCB
- Tread plates

I know that Porsche will release all of these options in due time but it seems to be a missed opportunity that the initial wave of Macan orders won't be specced to such high levels with what seem to be key options. From what I know from my dealer, sapphire blue will be available to order before the month is out but production of sapphire blue cars only begins in October.

It is for this reason that I have indefinitely delayed the Macan Turbo I planned to get. I'll hold onto my barely-two-year-old Cayenne for a while longer and I'll pull the trigger on the Macan when the other options come online, most likely when it's a 2016 model.

khabah

Old 03-17-2014, 12:09 AM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by khabah
You and I both. I've been looking forward to the Macan since the tarted-up Q5 prototypes were running about and the world premiere with the sapphire blue Macan S and the pebble/agate grey interior in the Macan Turbo really got me fired up.

I always thought it was unfortunate that Porsche heavily promoted those two cars when the car debuted yet failed to specify when they would be available. I do agree that the current exterior and interior color combinations are dull but a lot of key options are also not available to order... yet:
- Sapphire blue and impulse red exterior colors
- Pebble/agate grey, saddle brown/luxor beige interior options
- Sports exhaust system
- SportDesign exterior kit
- LED headlights
- PDCC
- PCCB
- Tread plates

I know that Porsche will release all of these options in due time but it seems to be a missed opportunity that the initial wave of Macan orders won't be specced to such high levels with what seem to be key options. From what I know from my dealer, sapphire blue will be available to order before the month is out but production of sapphire blue cars only begins in October.

It is for this reason that I have indefinitely delayed the Macan Turbo I planned to get. I'll hold onto my barely-two-year-old Cayenne for a while longer and I'll pull the trigger on the Macan when the other options come online, most likely when it's a 2016 model.

khabah
Great info !! Thank you !!
I also have a two year old Cayenne in perfect shape despite 30K miles .
By then the new Cayenne will also be out . My car will be older and worth less and the new Macan car would be higher spec and cost more .
Just when i thought I might get a bargain .

If i decide to buy it now I might just opt for simplicity (black or white exterior with black interior) . A trendy color or an out of production interior will make the car feel dated and cream resale . I just don't see agate or espresso as long term . It's almost like looking at a platinum 991 . It's not rhodium . Amazing how an out of production color can automatically separate an identical model by revealing its model year.

Last edited by yrralis1; 03-17-2014 at 12:33 AM.
Old 03-17-2014, 01:13 AM
khabah is a splendid one to beholdkhabah is a splendid one to beholdkhabah is a splendid one to beholdkhabah is a splendid one to beholdkhabah is a splendid one to beholdkhabah is a splendid one to beholdkhabah is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by yrralis1
Great info !! Thank you !!
I also have a two year old Cayenne in perfect shape despite 30K miles .
By then the new Cayenne will also be out . My car will be older and worth less and the new Macan car would be higher spec and cost more .
Just when i thought I might get a bargain .

If i decide to buy it now I might just opt for simplicity (black or white exterior with black interior) . A trendy color or an out of production interior will make the car feel dated and cream resale . I just don't see agate or espresso as long term . It's almost like looking at a platinum 991 . It's not rhodium . Amazing how an out of production color can automatically separate an identical model by revealing its model year.
Believe it or not, my Cayenne has an out-of-production interior: black/titanium blue. My car is also loaded to the gills but it's in perfect condition - still smells like new leather inside even after 30000 kilometers!

The Cayenne facelift is rumored to be shown next month so it looks like we'll be on the receiving end of negatively impacted resale prices. From what the mules show [and for better or worse], the new Cayenne will look like a bigger Macan and here is where I think Porsche played it smart: if the facelifted Cayenne looks like the newly-launched Macan, the facelift will only stick around for three or so years while the Macan has to soldier on for a full seven year lifecycle. The next-generation Cayenne should be shown right around the time the Macan should receive its own facelift of the current model [2017] and with that release, Porsche will unveil a host of new technology, engines and design language with the Cayenne while the Macan makes do with the older stuff.

The Cayenne will always be one step ahead.

khabah

Old 03-17-2014, 01:44 AM
Originally Posted by khabah
Believe it or not, my Cayenne has an out-of-production interior: black/titanium blue. My car is also loaded to the gills but it's in perfect condition - still smells like new leather inside even after 30000 kilometers!

The Cayenne facelift is rumored to be shown next month so it looks like we'll be on the receiving end of negatively impacted resale prices. From what the mules show [and for better or worse], the new Cayenne will look like a bigger Macan and here is where I think Porsche played it smart: if the facelifted Cayenne looks like the newly-launched Macan, the facelift will only stick around for three or so years while the Macan has to soldier on for a full seven year lifecycle. The next-generation Cayenne should be shown right around the time the Macan should receive its own facelift of the current model [2017] and with that release, Porsche will unveil a host of new technology, engines and design language with the Cayenne while the Macan makes do with the older stuff.

The Cayenne will always be one step ahead.

khabah

If this is true I see two ideal choices and a variety of expensive alternatives :

1) If buying a macan buy it now. Stick to a simple black or white exterior and keep the interior black .
or
2) Keep the current 12 Cayenne 5 years all the way until 2017 and skip the refresh and get every bit of use out of the car .

If not .. then expect to pay more and trade in more frequently . The most important thing is to buy or hold the RIGHT vehicle .

If the cayenne owner buys a macan but longs for the practical size of the Cayenne afterwards he faces buying the refresh Cayenne only to then face the redesign . That's expensive .

The bottom line is that with a 0-60 at 4.6 (4.4 with SC) seconds and a ring time in the low 8's the macan Turbo is a bargain .

Old 03-17-2014, 02:17 AM
Originally Posted by yrralis1
If this is true I see two ideal choices and a variety of expensive alternatives :

1) If buying a macan buy it now. Stick to a simple black or white exterior and keep the interior black .
or
2) Keep the current 12 Cayenne 5 years all the way until 2017 and skip the refresh and get every bit of use out of the car .

If not .. then expect to pay more and trade in more frequently . The most important thing is to buy or hold the RIGHT vehicle .

If the cayenne owner buys a macan but longs for the practical size of the Cayenne afterwards he faces buying the refresh Cayenne only to then face the redesign . That's expensive .

The bottom line is that with a 0-60 at 4.6 (4.4 with SC) seconds and a ring time in the low 8's the macan Turbo is a bargain .
I believe the Macan Turbo is a bit of a bargain with performance on par with the current Cayenne Turbo but at GTS prices. The 0-60 time even outdoes a base 911 Carrera; take that into consideration with the added use of the Macan's space, fuel economy and ride quality and it looks excellent on paper.

I've heard that the Macan Turbo's twin-turbo 3.6L motor will form the basis of future GTS and Turbo models since Porsche is drifting away from eight-cylinder engines in the hopes of lowering carbon dioxide emissions and fuel consumption. Porsche's already killed off the naturally-aspirated V8 in the Panamera S models and replaced it with the twin-turbo 3.0L V6; the forthcoming Cayenne S is next in line. Seeing this model at play makes sense for them to introduce a larger-displacement blown V6 engine in the place of the larger V8s in the higher-end models.

khabah

Old 03-18-2014, 02:52 AM
Rolled_Out is a jewel in the roughRolled_Out is a jewel in the roughRolled_Out is a jewel in the roughRolled_Out is a jewel in the rough
Relax guys, if you order the Macan now, you can have the Sapphire Blue & Pebble Grey interior. They will become available in October 2014 & later builds, so if you order NOW, I can guarantee your build will not be before October, so go ahead & order your car in the next ferw weeks exactly how you want it. Sapphire blue, Impulse Red, Pebble Grey Interior, whatever.

Old 03-19-2014, 10:22 AM
Dr. Ferdinand is on a distinguished road
I agree with you, current color choices are very slim, that it seems likely I will have to wait for either the Sapphire Blue or Impulse Red to come out.

Do we have confirmation that the "Available 10/2014" comment in the hardcover Porsche pamphlet means October 2014 and not Week 10 2014? Maybe it is just wishful thinking, but I am lighting a candle each night hoping it is the latter!