Macan Forum for the new Porsche Macan

I'm in too !!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-18-2014, 10:03 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Thumbs up I'm in too !!!

I just placed a deposit and ordered a Macan Turbo today . It's a July build with an anticipated August delivery . The options are as follows :

Macan Turbo -

Exterior - white
Interior - black (full leather)
14 way seats w memory
Premium Package plus
Carbon fiber side blades
Park assist front and rear camera
Thermally and noise insulating privacy glass
Air suspension and PASM
PTV
Sport Chrono
21 in 911 Turbo design wheels
Smoking package ( non smoker -ordered for extra adaptor and closed compartment)
Comfort lighting package
Carbon fiber interior package

Old 03-18-2014, 11:47 PM
slw23 is on a distinguished road
Congrats on taking the plunge, great build! Full performance options and the best looking wheel IMO. I did the same int/ext color combo.

Any reason why you went with the 14-way vs. the 18-way seats? How about the black trim? I wish I added PTV+, but my order is locked (prob a blessing in disguise).

As far as the smoker package, I don't believe it adds an extra outlet. The standard is 4 plug sockets (12V): in the front centre console, in the centre-console storage bin, behind the centre console for rear passengers, in the luggage compartment. The smoker package gives you 2 cigarette lighters in the front and rear center console as well as ashtray inserts in same the places. Makes no mention of another outlet.

Old 03-19-2014, 12:25 AM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by slw23
Congrats on taking the plunge, great build! Full performance options and the best looking wheel IMO. I did the same int/ext color combo.

Any reason why you went with the 14-way vs. the 18-way seats? How about the black trim? I wish I added PTV+, but my order is locked (prob a blessing in disguise).

As far as the smoker package, I don't believe it adds an extra outlet. The standard is 4 plug sockets (12V): in the front centre console, in the centre-console storage bin, behind the centre console for rear passengers, in the luggage compartment. The smoker package gives you 2 cigarette lighters in the front and rear center console as well as ashtray inserts in same the places. Makes no mention of another outlet.

1) 14 way Vs adaptives - I love the adaptive seats and have them in my Boxster S and 997 turbo . The idea behind the 14 way seats was getting in and out comfort. Keep in mind that this car is replacing a cayenne which has 14 way. Also I do notice that the ventilated seats in my Cayenne provide more cooling than my adaptives in the Boxster . This is needed in Florida humidity .

2) Smokers package - I looked it up and you are correct . However I was informed that the compartment without it is simply open. Smoker package is a closed compartment which I find good to keep change.
I bought my Boxster off the showroom floor and it has it . It does not interfere with anything. After I trade it in the next owner has the choice . It's a free item and if it has any potential in the long term value of the car then I'll take it.

3) Piano Black - It's a good choice on the agate interior (saw it in person) The only snag is that Im not thrilled with the agate interior . My cayenne has this beautiful umber/beige interior so given the choices i figured black with carbon fiber was the best of what i feel are quite limited selections .

Last edited by yrralis1; 03-19-2014 at 12:27 AM.
Old 03-19-2014, 09:41 AM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by yrralis1
I just placed a deposit and ordered a Macan Turbo today . It's a July build with an anticipated August delivery . The options are as follows :

Macan Turbo -

Exterior - white
Interior - black (full leather)
14 way seats w memory
Premium Package plus
Carbon fiber side blades
Park assist front and rear camera
Thermally and noise insulating privacy glass
Air suspension and PASM
PTV
Sport Chrono
21 in 911 Turbo design wheels
Smoking package ( non smoker -ordered for extra adaptor and closed compartment)
Comfort lighting package
Carbon fiber interior package
Congratulations! Very similar build to mine. I'm really excited for these things to start hitting the streets.

Old 03-19-2014, 09:42 AM
khabah is a splendid one to beholdkhabah is a splendid one to beholdkhabah is a splendid one to beholdkhabah is a splendid one to beholdkhabah is a splendid one to beholdkhabah is a splendid one to beholdkhabah is a splendid one to behold
You went for it after all! Congratulations, my friend - a clean, solid, sporty build that is sure to bring smiles to you every time you even look at your future Macan.

Also: very glad you scored a slot for this year; the next few months are going to be exciting. Can't wait to see your ride!

khabah

Old 03-19-2014, 10:17 AM
Dr. Ferdinand is on a distinguished road
Congrats, really nice build! Hopefully I will run into you in So Flo as one of my cars is there as I keep her away from all this Northeast madness.

Great to get your feedback on the seats. I was torn b/w the 14 and 18 way sport seats, but having tried both (on a showroom Cayenne so perhaps there are some differences on the Macan?), I have to say I love the snug feel of the adaptive ones. For reference, I am 6' 175lbs and somehow the 14-way felt too big for me (proverbial throwing a hotdog down a hallway feel ) Also, I have the European factory RS 4 Recaro seats which are as spartan as they come, so maybe am too used to the 'glove fit' experience. I do totally agree with you on ingress/egress though, that is definitely one compromise to be made with th adaptive sport seats

Old 03-19-2014, 10:36 AM
TripleL will become famous soon enough
Congratulations, great build!

I agree about the limited color selections at this time and I myself went White w/Black Int on my S build so naturally I think you made a brilliant decision color wise

Props for including all the performance options with your Turbo build, you're going to have one fun ride! August will be here before you know it.

Old 03-19-2014, 09:37 PM
Originally Posted by Dr. Ferdinand
Congrats, really nice build! Hopefully I will run into you in So Flo as one of my cars is there as I keep her away from all this Northeast madness.

Great to get your feedback on the seats. I was torn b/w the 14 and 18 way sport seats, but having tried both (on a showroom Cayenne so perhaps there are some differences on the Macan?), I have to say I love the snug feel of the adaptive ones. For reference, I am 6' 175lbs and somehow the 14-way felt too big for me (proverbial throwing a hotdog down a hallway feel ) Also, I have the European factory RS 4 Recaro seats which are as spartan as they come, so maybe am too used to the 'glove fit' experience. I do totally agree with you on ingress/egress though, that is definitely one compromise to be made with th adaptive sport seats
I decided to change the seats . Despite the larger ventilation surface area and the ina nd out comfort of this vehicle being somewhat of an SUV replacement I decided today to opt for the sport !! I called the dealership and they had time to change it on my order .

Old 03-19-2014, 09:44 PM
I wanted to thank all at this point who replied with sincere wishes . I never waited 5 months for a car but I do feel my cayenne is in great shape so getting the extra use while at the same time knowing i have this awesome vehicle to look forward sets my mind as ease .

Old 03-20-2014, 07:29 AM
X5B4 is on a distinguished road
I wanted to thank all at this point who replied with sincere wishes . I never waited 5 months for a car but I do feel my cayenne is in great shape so getting the extra use while at the same time knowing i have this awesome vehicle to look forward sets my mind as ease .

While you are at it, why not add the rear A/C ventilation option for south florida?!

Old 03-20-2014, 09:14 AM
ROD
ROD has much to be proud ofROD has much to be proud ofROD has much to be proud ofROD has much to be proud ofROD has much to be proud ofROD has much to be proud ofROD has much to be proud ofROD has much to be proud ofROD has much to be proud ofROD has much to be proud of
Congrats! Can't wait for the photos Larry.

Old 03-20-2014, 11:58 AM
slw23 is on a distinguished road
I decided to change the seats . Despite the larger ventilation surface area and the ina nd out comfort of this vehicle being somewhat of an SUV replacement I decided today to opt for the sport !! I called the dealership and they had time to change it on my order .
Nice, makes me feel better about my choice. I have the 14-way seats in my 958, absolutely love them. However, after reading all the reviews of the 18-way seats over the years and given that they are standard on the Macan Turbo, I decided to go with them.

Old 03-20-2014, 02:51 PM
Dr. Ferdinand is on a distinguished road
Great job, I am sure you won't be disappointed with your choice!

Will be at the NYIAS next month and hoping they will have both an S and a T and I'll be able to play in them. Would be great if they have one outfitted with the 18-way Adaptive and the other with the 14-way seats, but we shall see what Porsche brings us.

Old 03-20-2014, 10:06 PM
Originally Posted by X5B4
While you are at it, why not add the rear A/C ventilation option for south florida?!
We actually don't use the rear seats very often . The added space needed with an SUV is used moreso for groceries, large shopping items , or transporting our pets to the veterinarian ( in which we cool the car down beforehand) .

Old 03-21-2014, 11:24 AM
911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute
Larry - I'm guessing no discounts off MSRP at this time???

Looks like a great build. Can't wait to see the pics.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.