Maserati Quattroporte, GranTurismo, Gran Sport, Coupe, MC12

Help me please, Quattroporte X Granturismo advice needed

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-20-2012, 02:51 PM
miss_porsche is on a distinguished road
Red face Help me please, Quattroporte X Granturismo advice needed

Hello, im a 22 year old girl( who's crazy about cars ) , and I've been planning to buy a maserati. I went to the showroom here in Dubai today, and I saw the Maserati Quattroporte 4.2 the 2013 model. I love it, and the price is not bad considering the free service+ free body parts change for 3 years. But the thing is i know that the quattroporte will be completely changed for 2014 thats whats bothering me.. I saw the granturismo and i loved it too, and i got offered a granturismo 2012 for the same price as the quattroporte 2013 model , and i loved the granturismo, but aren't they facelifting it? Will it be a major change? Please help me choose by telling me pros/cons id appreciate it. i really want to get a car thats not gona change after a couple of months and thats gona make me regret buying it instead of waiting..

Also, a lot of people are telling me not to buy it because it keeps on having problems, like windows stop working, navigation, engine problems. A lot of people said it was a headache. But i do have insurance + 3 years free warranty and free parts changing.

Opinions needed.

Old 06-21-2012, 03:22 AM
986_c6 is on a distinguished road
My $.02.

New car...warranty with body parts change?, no brainer,no worries with problems. Btw, my cars have been relatively worry free, except for a rear hatch latch on the QP when I overstuffed the trunk and forced it closed.

In the US, we are slated for the new SUV, larger sedan, and smaller one, with the midsize one coming later (this confirmed with general manager at Maserati dealer). The funny thing is none of the new cars, save the midsize one will be close to the current QP. And did you look at the new styling yet? Maser is going for the "sell more" cookie cutter look like all of the MBZ, BMW, and Jags are currently doing.

IMO, the QP is the one to get and it will be a timeless styling. The performance is not bad either.

The GranTurismo was just too big from when I first saw it and I still hold that opinion to this day. I did test drive the MC and it was a pretty nice ride though.

Lastly, you are 22, and whether you want a two door or four door remains your call. Did I just type 22? At that age I was still working two jobs and near anorexic studying for my doctorate program! You are lucky!

Old 06-21-2012, 03:51 AM
haha, living in Dubai u don't really consider urself so lucky. People here drive lambos and ferraris the whole time! I will be paying for the car my self, i started working when i was only 16 and opened up my own business so yes that helps! I LOVE the new quattroporte, and i also loved the Granturismo but everyone keeps telling me the resale value is horrible and some are saying it drops in half the second it leaves the showroom!! ( so I'm kinda worried about that, and others are saying it takes a lot of maintenance and theres always issues!! But I'm not so worried about that cuz ill have insurance + free warranty for 3 years, and parts change as well as mentioned in my first post.

How much did you buy your maser for?? They are offering the new 2013 quattroporte 4.2 for 115,700 $ and they offered to give the 2012 brand new granturismo for that same price. Would you consider this a good deal? Will work on pressuring them to give me more discount + another free year warranty

Old 06-21-2012, 06:29 AM
MI55LE is a splendid one to beholdMI55LE is a splendid one to beholdMI55LE is a splendid one to beholdMI55LE is a splendid one to beholdMI55LE is a splendid one to beholdMI55LE is a splendid one to beholdMI55LE is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by miss_porsche
haha..some are saying it drops in half the second it leaves the showroom!! ..so I'm kinda worried about that..
solution - buy the one that someone is selling the 2nd second it leaves the showroom - price (as some are saying) should be 1/2 of the second before - and you'd still get the, what did you call it, insurance ?

(personal opinion - the gran turismo is the best looking of the Mas line - will buy the coupe for 1 road trip when I win the Lottery)

Old 06-21-2012, 07:24 AM
Originally Posted by MI55LE
solution - buy the one that someone is selling the 2nd second it leaves the showroom - price (as some are saying) should be 1/2 of the second before - and you'd still get the, what did you call it, insurance ?

(personal opinion - the gran turismo is the best looking of the Mas line - will buy the coupe for 1 road trip when I win the Lottery)
Yaa I love the granturismo!! Will think about it ! Thank you!

Old 06-21-2012, 02:16 PM
Amanintown is a splendid one to beholdAmanintown is a splendid one to beholdAmanintown is a splendid one to beholdAmanintown is a splendid one to beholdAmanintown is a splendid one to beholdAmanintown is a splendid one to beholdAmanintown is a splendid one to beholdAmanintown is a splendid one to behold
Thumbs up

Yaa I love the granturismo!! Will think about it ! Thank you!
The price doesnt drop 50% when it leaves the showroom...you may say that it drops 10% - 12% only, so that is crazy talk.

The GT MC is awesome and is the only car that pulled me towards it ...the rest I didnt even consider...i dont like the QP at all...

Besides, how long to do plan to keep the car? If its more than 3 years then just buy additional warranty and it will be worry free..the problems with maintenance are the same for BMW, Porsche, Maserati, Benz...Lambo, Ferrari etc....so dont worry about it...just get the additional warranty

Also, just because someone drives a lambo or ferrari around you doesnt mean your car is less valuable...I have been to Dubai several times and I have not seen too many exotics just flying around...

Be proud (not arrogant) of what you drive, it can be a honda civic but still be proud as long as you have earned it ....

Old 06-23-2012, 05:03 PM
Originally Posted by Amanintown
The price doesnt drop 50% when it leaves the showroom...you may say that it drops 10% - 12% only, so that is crazy talk.

The GT MC is awesome and is the only car that pulled me towards it ...the rest I didnt even consider...i dont like the QP at all...

Besides, how long to do plan to keep the car? If its more than 3 years then just buy additional warranty and it will be worry free..the problems with maintenance are the same for BMW, Porsche, Maserati, Benz...Lambo, Ferrari etc....so dont worry about it...just get the additional warranty

Also, just because someone drives a lambo or ferrari around you doesnt mean your car is less valuable...I have been to Dubai several times and I have not seen too many exotics just flying around...

Be proud (not arrogant) of what you drive, it can be a honda civic but still be proud as long as you have earned it ....
Thank you for your reply after careful consideration i decided to go with the granturismo, but i think ill wait till september to buy it. I went to maserati today and they said they will facelift the whole line by september. Do you think it's worth the wait?

Old 06-24-2012, 07:56 AM
Amanintown is a splendid one to beholdAmanintown is a splendid one to beholdAmanintown is a splendid one to beholdAmanintown is a splendid one to beholdAmanintown is a splendid one to beholdAmanintown is a splendid one to beholdAmanintown is a splendid one to beholdAmanintown is a splendid one to behold
Thank you for your reply after careful consideration i decided to go with the granturismo, but i think ill wait till september to buy it. I went to maserati today and they said they will facelift the whole line by september. Do you think it's worth the wait?
The new GTS doesnt look too different (checked out that R&T articles and photos) so I wouldnt wait, as there are probably very minor facelifts, I would be more inclined to buy the 12 model because of steep discounts on those, not sure if they are discounting those in Dubai. I personally dont worry about minor face lifts, they are usually very superficial and not worth the extra $$.

Old 06-25-2012, 05:53 AM
Originally Posted by Amanintown
The new GTS doesnt look too different (checked out that R&T articles and photos) so I wouldnt wait, as there are probably very minor facelifts, I would be more inclined to buy the 12 model because of steep discounts on those, not sure if they are discounting those in Dubai. I personally dont worry about minor face lifts, they are usually very superficial and not worth the extra $$.
THank you for your reply. Yesterday i spoke to my friend, she owns a 2008 mazerati granturismo and she said it was the worst investment she's ever made. She also said that she's driving a luxury car which doesnt feel like luxury at all, she kept on saying she had a lot of issues with the car, and everything is "manual" the rare view mirror and everything else. I was really shocked. Has the granturismo 2008 changed ever since? did they change the options, fix the issues?

Old 06-25-2012, 06:17 AM
MI55LE is a splendid one to beholdMI55LE is a splendid one to beholdMI55LE is a splendid one to beholdMI55LE is a splendid one to beholdMI55LE is a splendid one to beholdMI55LE is a splendid one to beholdMI55LE is a splendid one to behold
buy the car, or don't

Last edited by MI55LE; 06-25-2012 at 06:25 AM.
Old 06-27-2012, 09:15 PM
Your friend and her 08 Gran Turismo is mighty funny!

99.9% of cars are not investments (maybe a Shelby Cobra would be an example of investment).

Every car make/model has its inherent problems. The fact that you are getting some kind of "special" warranty in Dubai is well worth the depreciation the moment your car rolls off the lot, not to mention the discount you are referring to.

As with any decision, buy it and enjoy it! If it is an investment, then buy gold!

Old 06-27-2012, 09:18 PM
I personally do not like the proportions of the GT...a little too large for a coupe.