McLaren MP4-12C, SLR, F1, P1, P13

Is the Mclaren boring?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-26-2013, 03:23 PM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Biglife
Anyways, my question is this: does the "speed novelty" of a car this fast ever wear off? [this can be answered by other 3 second car owners too ]
lol! When I responded, I was referring to the McLaren. I missed the part where other 3sec (or 2sec) cars were included.

My response - the novelty of speed wears off if you don't drive it fast.

I give my some throttle just about every time I've driven it, almost every day for over 5 years now. When a car is composed and confident, it is hard not to. It hasn't bored me yet. I still drive it to work everyday, and I'm about to take it on a road trip up the mountains of West Virginia...

Old 08-26-2013, 08:08 PM
lawman800 has a spectacular aura aboutlawman800 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by jaspergtr
lol! When I responded, I was referring to the McLaren. I missed the part where other 3sec (or 2sec) cars were included.

I give my some throttle just about every time I've driven it, almost every day for over 5 years now. When a car is composed and confident, it is hard not to. It hasn't bored me yet. I still drive it to work everyday, and I'm about to take it on a road trip up the mountains of West Virginia...
Yeah, that's the part I was responding to as the Noble M400 is a 3 second car and I have yet to be bored with it when I floor it hard, but I don't get to do it often because everytime I do, it scares the beejesus out of me. When I do step on it, I am used to being able to modulate the acceleration so that it doesn't make the jump into lightspeed, but just sort of an afterburn.

You DD your GT-R? Lucky man. Wish I could but the reality of the situation is that I cannot... maybe when I retire.

Old 08-27-2013, 06:30 AM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by lawman800
You DD your GT-R? Lucky man. ...
Yup. The wife is going to have it tomorrow, but that is an acceptable trade-off because she is taking it in for an oil change.

She handles the maintenance. I just enjoy it.

Old 08-27-2013, 09:37 AM
vincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by jaspergtr

I agree with you totally. The novelty of speed does wears off but can always turn it back on with your foot pedal to the metal ( or carbon ) or hit the long mountain twisties. Everything will be fun again.

Lawman , I meant it drives better than a Rolls Royce. There's video somewhere that shows that.

Last edited by vincentdds; 08-27-2013 at 09:42 AM.