Mercedes / AMG Mercedes talk on the E55 AMG, SLK 55, SL65, the other Classic Mercedes models.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: EGT Mercedes

Want an E63 Wagon. Dealer Tries Convincing Me Otherwise

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-23-2008, 10:38 AM
Jimp is infamous around these parts
Question Want an E63 Wagon. Dealer Tries Convincing Me Otherwise

So having just leased an 08 SLK55 from Plaza Mercedes in St. Louis I return a few weeks later also wanting an E63 Wgn.

I already have an SUV and briefly considered an ML63 but have concluded a E63 would serve me well. I've been interested since the E55 Wagon peaked my interest at its introduction.

So, I specifically tell my local dealer what I want; and even give him a CA dealer who has one in stock (dealer trade?), since he told me there were none on the "Mercedes Computer"(?).

He calls me back and gets well into all the price & specifics then says..."This is on the ML63 that we have on the lot....because you really don't need a wagon...."

Suddenly the Mercedes loyalty cash and discount on the E63 he originally offered dissappeared and that if I don't "move fast" that they're going to dealer-trade the ML out?

Do people really fall for these arrogant dealers' BS?

Last edited by Jimp; 03-23-2008 at 10:40 AM. Reason: typo
Old 03-23-2008, 11:52 AM
jtcturbo is infamous around these parts
ask ur salesman if he's freaking deaf. tell him u want an E63 wagon and that's that. if that dealership can't help, than find another one that will.

Old 03-23-2008, 12:39 PM
pattymcfatty76 is a jewel in the roughpattymcfatty76 is a jewel in the roughpattymcfatty76 is a jewel in the rough
haha i love how he told you that you really dont need a wagon.

Old 03-23-2008, 03:47 PM
ferrari355fi is a splendid one to beholdferrari355fi is a splendid one to beholdferrari355fi is a splendid one to beholdferrari355fi is a splendid one to beholdferrari355fi is a splendid one to beholdferrari355fi is a splendid one to beholdferrari355fi is a splendid one to behold
Check mbusa to see if there are any campaigns for the ML63. I would bet that he is trying to sell you it because he will make more money on it even if the E63 wagon costs the same.

Call him on monday and tell him, "so you want me to buy the ML63? Can you please direct me to the sales person who sells the E63 wagon? I am sorry for wasting the time of the ML63 sales man..."

Old 03-23-2008, 09:56 PM
Frissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud of
The ML is getting a facelift for '09... so if you decide on the ML at least make it an '09...

I am very fond of wagons, but the E doesn't make for me, neither the new 5... I like Audi and Volvo wagons for now... unfortunately nothing going really fast on those brands for the moment but the new RS6 is hot...

Old 03-24-2008, 11:31 AM
Banned
CarChrisM5 is infamous around these parts
I am currently in St Louis and I must say plaza is not the way to go, a friend of mine wanted to either get a cl63 or s63 so i went to plaza with him, the salesman lied on the phone saying they had a cl65 in stock which was the only reason he went because he had already seen the s63 so we get there and of course they say its sold, then my friend calls his bluff and asked to see it anyway, then he told us it was delivered. so we know he lied, then they tried to get him to buy the cl600 on the floor which had been there for weeks and he didnt want it then and still didnt want it now.
Then he pulls some BS about the cl63 they have coming in. he said some guy on the Rams wanted to buy it so if my friend wanted it he should leave a deposit at that time or buy it otherwise the guy on the rams was gonna get it, my friend is not an idiot, says no and we left. Needless to say we went back like 2 weeks later and the cl63 was sitting there in their lot
dont believe anything that plaza says, they push what they have and what they will make the most money on, i would suggest going back and telling them whats on your mind or try another dealer.
Good luck

Old 03-24-2008, 02:36 PM
Jimp is infamous around these parts
Thanks for the suggestions. I like several of the pre-owned cars advertised but don't mind ordering a new one to get what I want, P2, 3rd row, and anything but a tan interior.

I saw a Flint Grey on Autotrader that was in San Fran that looked perfect; aforementioned St. Louis dealer was told to explore dealer-trade; however I no longer see it advertised.

I also see that a trailer hitch is available on the AMG site options list. I believe 1500 lb max. Has anyone ever seen one on a US car?

Old 03-25-2008, 04:51 PM
NickyBlack has a spectacular aura aboutNickyBlack has a spectacular aura aboutNickyBlack has a spectacular aura about
Go with what you want to get. I hate salespeople. The E63 wagon is pretty bad *** and i'd rather have that over a SUV or minivan anyday if i required more utility