Mercedes / AMG Mercedes talk on the E55 AMG, SLK 55, SL65, the other Classic Mercedes models.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: EGT Mercedes

Is S65 Too Much For Daily Driver?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-02-2007, 07:11 PM
alkyoneus has a spectacular aura aboutalkyoneus has a spectacular aura aboutalkyoneus has a spectacular aura about
get it, Im in love with it, ever since first seeing it on Entourage

Old 08-02-2007, 07:21 PM
Denstoyz is on a distinguished road
As an S65 owner I will tell you that they make incredible DD's! Plus mine even has more ***** with Renntech Mods to boot and its fine getting around town and the power is there when you want or need it! So so so so love it on the freeway - that car is the most fun from 80-150mph! I gotta try to top mine out - according to Renntech it shoud hit about 190-200mph so may have to try that soon.

As far as depreciation, there has been mixed opinions of this. I personally dont see the values dropping as fast as the older models because these are all new! On top of that - there arent that many S65's made per year. I heard a number like 200 but not sure if thats US production or total - either way thats pretty exclusive even though there are a lot of S class bodies out there thats a small number for the S65. So far I havent seen too much of a dip in price - new ones or slightly used are being listed 10k-15k below MSRP at the most. Trust me though - the S65 is in a class of its own and sorry ... but it puts the Bentley to shame in my opinion.

I am actually contemplating listing mine due to a business venture my wife and I are getting into. I would hate to part with the car expecially after just putting new shoes on it but the biz is more important so we'll see. If you are interested at all let me know but there's no way Im giving it away! PM me if you would like to discuss.

See pics below and good luck with your decision:

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ad.php?t=85480

Old 08-02-2007, 07:27 PM
MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !
Is S65 Too Much For Daily Driver?

?????

There may not be a better daily driver in the world . . .

Old 08-02-2007, 09:13 PM
RDKJ is on a distinguished road
If I bought a S65, I surely would not buy a new one. The 2006 models depreciated 30% before they even left the lot. I had a dealer offer a brand new one to me 110k. Of course, the redesign had a bit to do with the discount. You can find a gently used 2006 model for 80ish.

I think the S65 would make a great daily driver - comfort and speed, a great combination. Though, economical it is not - which you surely realize.

Old 08-02-2007, 11:53 PM
vincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by RDKJ
If I bought a S65, I surely would not buy a new one. The 2006 models depreciated 30% before they even left the lot. I had a dealer offer a brand new one to me 110k. Of course, the redesign had a bit to do with the discount. You can find a gently used 2006 model for 80ish.

I think the S65 would make a great daily driver - comfort and speed, a great combination. Though, economical it is not - which you surely realize.
$110K Brand new? Which dealer I'll take 2.

Old 08-03-2007, 12:51 AM
flash80 is on a distinguished road
How about a CL63? Obviously a bit less practical, but a better looking car IMO. There was a brand new one parked out at Lucent today...sweet.

Old 08-03-2007, 01:35 AM
CABRIO C4 is on a distinguished road
If I had the big buck any of the high end cars would be my daily driver.

Old 08-03-2007, 02:31 AM
2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by RDKJ
If I bought a S65, I surely would not buy a new one.
Moot point, my salesman said they are not available for 08.

Old 08-03-2007, 02:34 AM
2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by vincentdds
2006 is the old body S65. I bet they had a hard time selling it even at that price.

Old 08-03-2007, 05:53 AM
RDKJ is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by vincentdds
The MB dealers in Naples and Tampa were the ones blowing them out 6+ months ago. The price was tempting, but I figure the used market would soften significantly soon thereafter - which it did. I never bought one, though I thought about it really hard.

Old 08-03-2007, 08:06 AM
justdumb will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Steve K MMC
for 180k , you have 2 options
one: a bentley flying spur , which they make 1400 of for the contintental US.
or
a s class, which they make approx 36000 for the continental US..

tough choice huh
Very tough, I think I'll go for the one that doesn't look like a big Kia Amanti.

Old 08-03-2007, 08:54 AM
Banned
evsmotors has a spectacular aura aboutevsmotors has a spectacular aura about
We have a customer that daily drives one, he loves it it to death and I understand why. If you have the money for it get it, excellent for daily driving and showing off.

Old 08-03-2007, 09:14 AM
master_jcp will become famous soon enoughmaster_jcp will become famous soon enough
S8 for daily?

Old 08-03-2007, 10:34 AM
vincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond repute
There's no way I am buying a new one at MSRP. But a slightly used 06 for mid $80K sounds fabulous for DD.
(Btw, Bentley are beautiful but not for me. I also had an S8 and don't care for another Audi)

Old 08-03-2007, 10:53 AM
Denstoyz is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by swedish technik
I absolutely love the S65. It's a mean looking car with tons of power and an amazing exhaust note. I do think, however, that there are better cars for a DD (performance aside). The 65 has advantages and disadvantages. In terms of S65 vs. Flying Spur it's an obvious decision in my mind. A Bentley simply attracts more attention(too much attention IMO) than a Mercedes, no matter the size of the engine. The majority of people wouldn't know the difference between an S550 and an S65 which is a good thing if you plan to drive the car every day. You really have to think about how practical it is to drive a $180k car everyday. If it were me, that would too much no matter how much money I had. Imagine walking out of the grocery store and seeing a shopping car bashed into your door. Overall, I think the S65 is a great car. From a performance standpoint, nothing even comes close. As for a daily driver, I would opt for an S550 if you want the space or something like E63 if you are looking for a more performance orriented car.

Ummm... for the record my S65 NEVER sits in a grocery store parking lot - are you nuts?! Thats what the Infiniti QX is for - kids and groceries - but my S65 goes everywhere else - to work, dinner, trips, even to Baskin Robbins for Ice Cream!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Is S65 Too Much For Daily Driver?