Mercedes / AMG Mercedes talk on the E55 AMG, SLK 55, SL65, the other Classic Mercedes models.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: EGT Mercedes

Is S65 Too Much For Daily Driver?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-02-2007, 03:54 PM
vincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond repute
Is S65 Too Much For Daily Driver?

Seems like everyone is telling me this car is too much for the streets as a daily beater. But you can't track w/ with it either so what do people use it for then.
Anyhow, can it be a reliable daily beater? It is the only Benz that excites me so I need more specific inputs.

Old 08-02-2007, 04:41 PM
Vicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond repute
I know a couple guys who use them for daily drivers/club machines. IMO there isn't a better vehicle on the planet to make the LA to Vegas run... well maybe a Falcon 900 or something, but none with wheels I know of.

It's under warranty isn't it? Drive the wheels off that sled.

mr2guysingh is a splendid one to beholdmr2guysingh is a splendid one to beholdmr2guysingh is a splendid one to beholdmr2guysingh is a splendid one to beholdmr2guysingh is a splendid one to beholdmr2guysingh is a splendid one to behold
Someone on here has a white one that I think they use a DD.

NelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to behold
S65

I'm checking them out as well. They are monsters on the open road, they drive great and are very good looking IMO. I understand that traction is a bit problematic, but overall the new S class is improved compared to the previous versions. S63's offer a bit sportier drive with a higher rev engine. Biggest issue for me was the deprecion hit if purchased new. The previous version 06's are going for half msrp. or less. Low milage 07's can be had in mid 160's from 190's mrsp. Next year, they'll be under 125. Check out www.mbworld.org. Good luck.

Last edited by NelsonF; 08-03-2007 at 10:01 AM.
Old 08-02-2007, 04:47 PM
vincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by NelsonF
I'm checking them out as well. They are monsters on the open road, they drive great and are very good looking IMO. I understand that traction is a bit problematic, but overall the new S class is improved compared to the previous versions. S63's offer a bit sportier drive with a higher rev engine. Biggest issue for me was the deprecion hit if purchased new. The previous version 06's a going for half msrp. Low milage 07's can be had in mid 160's from 190's mrsp. Next year, they'll be under 125. Check out www.mbworld.org. Good luck.
Yeah the depreciation of these cars is worst than the 996GT2. That's why I am looking into a used 06 hopefully at half MSRP.

Last edited by vincentdds; 08-02-2007 at 04:51 PM.
Old 08-02-2007, 04:50 PM
How's the handing though?
(Man the Gt2 and Gt3 really makes everything out there seems like pigs.)

Old 08-02-2007, 05:01 PM
NelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to behold
S65

Not having driven one, I hear that handling is pretty good compared to other cars in it's segment. Around town, an E63 might be better/more nimble but on the open road it is in it's element. Can't beat that type of torque.

Old 08-02-2007, 05:51 PM
Just a boxster?
JP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond repute
Vincent do you still have the M3, and if so will you be selling it?

Old 08-02-2007, 06:09 PM
Originally Posted by JP-S-St.Louis
Vincent do you still have the M3, and if so will you be selling it?
Yes but I am replacing it soon...

Old 08-02-2007, 06:23 PM
Just a boxster?
JP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond repute
I like your M3 a lot, and since Trish let Carrie drive the 'vert M3 on the last drive, Carrie may be interested in your car.

Old 08-02-2007, 06:26 PM
DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !
for 180k , you have 2 options
one: a bentley flying spur , which they make 1400 of for the contintental US.
or
a s class, which they make approx 36000 for the continental US..

tough choice huh

Old 08-02-2007, 06:30 PM
alexWS6 has much to be proud ofalexWS6 has much to be proud ofalexWS6 has much to be proud ofalexWS6 has much to be proud ofalexWS6 has much to be proud ofalexWS6 has much to be proud ofalexWS6 has much to be proud ofalexWS6 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Steve K MMC

tough choice huh
Only if you're ignorant enough to base the decision on exclusivity alone.

Old 08-02-2007, 06:37 PM
Car_Collector will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Steve K MMC
for 180k , you have 2 options
one: a bentley flying spur , which they make 1400 of for the contintental US.
or
a s class, which they make approx 36000 for the continental US..

tough choice huh
I thought the flying spur was to small for you?

Old 08-02-2007, 06:39 PM
Originally Posted by JP-S-St.Louis
I like your M3 a lot, and since Trish let Carrie drive the 'vert M3 on the last drive, Carrie may be interested in your car.
Act fast or it'll be gone.

Old 08-02-2007, 06:43 PM
Just a boxster?
I will tell her when she get back in my car. That is why she needs it is so I can keep her out of mine. Your's is a 'vert right?

PM me on details
year
miles man/auto

And I know how you keep your cars so that is why I would be interested.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Is S65 Too Much For Daily Driver?