Merchandise For Sale / Wanted Sell anything LEGAL and not car related in this section. A great source to find deals on watches, art, services, and more

Canon 50mm f/1.0 L lens

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-30-2008, 08:17 PM
NYSpeedRacer84 is on a distinguished road
Canon 50mm f/1.0 L lens

This rarely used Canon 50mm f/1.0 L is in perfect condition with no damages anywhere. I use my 50mm f/1.2 more than anything. I'm asking for $2500 plus free FEDEX Overnight Shipping...

It recently was sold on ebay for $3000. http://cgi.ebay.com/CANON-EF-50mm-f-...QQcmdZViewItem

Old 04-01-2008, 04:41 PM
p0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond repute
damn nice lense... I guess if you know what this is you know it's a deal.

GL w/ sale.

Old 04-03-2008, 01:53 PM
Chris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud of
Talk about a rare lens.

Old 04-08-2008, 12:08 AM
///M Lifestyle has a spectacular aura about///M Lifestyle has a spectacular aura about
holy molly........

Old 04-08-2008, 08:04 AM
porshah will become famous soon enough
Too bad Nikon doesn't make a f1.0 lens.

Old 04-08-2008, 08:42 AM
gfroman is a name known to allgfroman is a name known to allgfroman is a name known to allgfroman is a name known to allgfroman is a name known to allgfroman is a name known to all
Sorry, I do not mean to hijack your for sale thread.
Just a thought comes to mind.
With cameras like the Nikon D3 and Canons excelling in the ability of shooting high ASA speeds with virtually no noise, I question how much photographers will be willing to fork out for such an expensive fast lens in the near future?
Do fast lens like this result in any other qualities besides low light capabilities?
Ultra shallow depth of field perhaps.

Old 04-08-2008, 09:44 AM
NYSpeedRacer84 is on a distinguished road
Reduced to $2400

Old 04-08-2008, 02:27 PM
Awaiting Email Confirmation
MPowerM3 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by gfroman
Sorry, I do not mean to hijack your for sale thread.
Just a thought comes to mind.
With cameras like the Nikon D3 and Canons excelling in the ability of shooting high ASA speeds with virtually no noise, I question how much photographers will be willing to fork out for such an expensive fast lens in the near future?
Do fast lens like this result in any other qualities besides low light capabilities?
Ultra shallow depth of field perhaps.
One quality is definately the low light capabilities but it also focuses so much faster then even a 2.8 lens. It is a rare lens indeed. It must weigh a ton.

Old 04-10-2008, 09:08 PM
California Kid has much to be proud ofCalifornia Kid has much to be proud ofCalifornia Kid has much to be proud ofCalifornia Kid has much to be proud ofCalifornia Kid has much to be proud ofCalifornia Kid has much to be proud ofCalifornia Kid has much to be proud ofCalifornia Kid has much to be proud ofCalifornia Kid has much to be proud of
I didn't even know canon made a 1.0. Good luck!

Old 04-17-2008, 12:09 PM
ancb2000 is on a distinguished road
hi i'm interested in the lens
please email me to pauloa1214@hotmail.com
thanks!

Old 04-30-2008, 05:33 PM
Nthusiastt is a splendid one to beholdNthusiastt is a splendid one to beholdNthusiastt is a splendid one to beholdNthusiastt is a splendid one to beholdNthusiastt is a splendid one to beholdNthusiastt is a splendid one to beholdNthusiastt is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by California Kid
I didn't even know canon made a 1.0. Good luck!
They did and then discontinued. This is a extremely nice peice. Will only go up in value as long as they don't go back into production. I've used this lens on my 5d and it's no less than amazing. Wish I had the extra money

Old 03-11-2011, 04:24 PM
tt225 is on a distinguished road
Interested, is it still available?

Old 03-11-2011, 07:56 PM
Quantum has a reputation beyond reputeQuantum has a reputation beyond reputeQuantum has a reputation beyond reputeQuantum has a reputation beyond reputeQuantum has a reputation beyond reputeQuantum has a reputation beyond reputeQuantum has a reputation beyond reputeQuantum has a reputation beyond reputeQuantum has a reputation beyond reputeQuantum has a reputation beyond reputeQuantum has a reputation beyond repute
Wow, I didn't even know this thing existed.

Wish I didn't just pick up my 24-70mm f/2.8L, would have picked this up in a heartbeat.

Old 03-15-2011, 02:58 PM
cohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud of
it would be a nice lens if it was a little faster....

this is a way old thread, wonder whatever happened to the lens.