Anyone know of Pohanka (Lexus) of Chantilly?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-30-2008, 11:53 PM
Almo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant future
Anyone know of Pohanka (Lexus) of Chantilly?

LOL... if not, don't waste your time as my first experience/visit to a Lexus dealership was Pohanka and I have to say it will be my last.

To say the least... they're a bunch of retards.

They actually gave me a trade in value (for my E55) that was $10K less than KBB trade-in value. They also kept referring to my friend accompanying me as my wife. I tried to make it a point and even joked about no ring(s) but I guess they couldn't get the picture.

Lastly, they kept praising their dealership and saying they're December sale to remember was like no other but yet gave me a price on a car which was $4K above it's MSRP.

Old 12-01-2008, 06:40 AM
cohare has a spectacular aura aboutcohare has a spectacular aura aboutcohare has a spectacular aura about
^^^ sucks to hear that, I have purchased a couple lexuses from Lexus of Silver spring and they were pretty good to me. Gave me a decent price on my trade and came down like 9k off sticker on my GS. You may want to give them a call. I guess it depends on who you deal with, some car salesmen are so c***y they just dont give a damn. In a market like this I would be surprised if a dealer kept them.

Old 12-01-2008, 06:54 AM
Banned
M3-ADDICT is infamous around these partsM3-ADDICT is infamous around these parts
Lol @ Lexus (Toyota With Different Badge) in General.

Old 12-01-2008, 07:14 AM
boochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond repute
Allen - Pohanka is a bunch of ****** BAGS..especially their Lexus division....sorry to hear you went through that. For the most part, every new car dealer I've been to is a bunch of ******bags, w/ exception to the service dept at HBL (Mike Malloy specifically though) and Don Beyer Volvo Service (Craig Izes) in Alexandria.

The only stand up guys I've met so far in the past 15 years....

G/L w/ the search.

Old 12-01-2008, 09:25 AM
blackbenzz is a glorious beacon of lightblackbenzz is a glorious beacon of lightblackbenzz is a glorious beacon of lightblackbenzz is a glorious beacon of lightblackbenzz is a glorious beacon of lightblackbenzz is a glorious beacon of light
I used to work at Lexus of Silver Spring many years ago.

Old 12-01-2008, 09:49 AM
JT3
JT3 is infamous around these partsJT3 is infamous around these parts
I rarely hear anything positive about Pohanka...and they've been there for years.

Old 12-01-2008, 09:58 PM
GT650-25 has a brilliant futureGT650-25 has a brilliant futureGT650-25 has a brilliant futureGT650-25 has a brilliant futureGT650-25 has a brilliant futureGT650-25 has a brilliant futureGT650-25 has a brilliant futureGT650-25 has a brilliant futureGT650-25 has a brilliant futureGT650-25 has a brilliant futureGT650-25 has a brilliant future
Pohanka has always been super cool with me...

KBB is about as far off from value as it gets for trade ins, no matter what dealer you go to

Old 12-02-2008, 08:10 AM
Almo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant future
Seems today all are going off Auction prices so NADA, KBB, and or Edmunds are a thing of the past, that is until the dealer needs to sale a car then its these few sites and pricing they price in line with. A measely $10K to $15K swing for profit.

Old 12-02-2008, 08:31 AM
pjb
pjb has a spectacular aura aboutpjb has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by GT650-25
Pohanka has always been super cool with me...
+1. I bought the wifes LS460L there, and didnt have issues. If you are trading in any car, esp during this downturn (+ its an AMG car at a Lexus dlr), u are gonna get hosed. Take it to Carmax, if you dont want to deal with the hassle of T/I or sell it on your own. Lots of ppl I know have gotten the most $ from Carmax (ive even gone that route). Walk in with title and walk out with a check. Gives you more leverage walking into a dealer w/o a trade anyway.

what are you looking to get? i can pm u my contact there at Pohanka

Old 12-02-2008, 10:43 AM
djParis has a spectacular aura aboutdjParis has a spectacular aura about
Just took a 04 E55 with 30k on the clock to CarMax and they said they would give me $26,000 for it. The car is mint with no damage history........ Highest trade in offer I received from a dealership was $24,500, which is right in line with auction prices over the last 3 weeks. Dealers are driving down the market themselves. Its a horrible to say the least.

Last edited by djParis; 12-02-2008 at 10:47 AM.
Old 12-02-2008, 12:35 PM
I wasn't planning on trading the car in and just looking around at this point. Stopped by to check out the IS-F. That said though, they ended up talking me into waiting around so they could do a trade-in value of the vehicle, had I known, I would have left before hand.

Old 12-02-2008, 01:07 PM
boochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond repute
Couple things here...if KBB and NADA are crap, then why do the VA Counties use NADA book as the "assessed" value of your car for taxing purposes....that's BS. Probably b/c NADA is HQ'd in Tysons.....that pisses me off. Then the assessed market value of our cars should go with auction prices and tax us according to that, not some BS guide that dealers don't even use. They valued my DD (Volvo V50 w/ 100K miles on it 2005 mind you) for $15.5K to tax from....WTF????

Allen - sounds like you need to walk in to Pohanka w/ Pej or Paul to get help there so way to step up guys. Personally, I think your next step should be P-Car....you know you want one!!!! Hahahahahaha.....I hear great things about the IS-F though.....the best situation to have is yours....trying to figure out what to get next.... G/L bro.

Berk

Old 12-02-2008, 02:37 PM
djParis has a spectacular aura aboutdjParis has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by boochook
Couple things here...if KBB and NADA are crap, then why do the VA Counties use NADA book as the "assessed" value of your car for taxing purposes....that's BS. Probably b/c NADA is HQ'd in Tysons.....that pisses me off. Then the assessed market value of our cars should go with auction prices and tax us according to that, not some BS guide that dealers don't even use. They valued my DD (Volvo V50 w/ 100K miles on it 2005 mind you) for $15.5K to tax from....WTF????

Allen - sounds like you need to walk in to Pohanka w/ Pej or Paul to get help there so way to step up guys. Personally, I think your next step should be P-Car....you know you want one!!!! Hahahahahaha.....I hear great things about the IS-F though.....the best situation to have is yours....trying to figure out what to get next.... G/L bro.

Berk
But then again when peoples cars get totaled they complain that they can't buy one for the amount they are offered (I've had this problem before). They don't value on individual cars/mileage either which in my opinion is total BS. But then again that would take a ridiculous amount of time to do. What you're being taxed on clean 2005 V50 with between 55-60k miles on it. They don't care that you're car is worth about $2,300 less because of mileage. Everyone's trying to make a buck, its impossible to not get screwed.

Old 12-02-2008, 02:52 PM
Originally Posted by boochook

Berk
I agree however there is no need for complaining outside a little vent because no one will listen anyways. I was just looking around, not that I am set on something other than a 997TT. Just getting a feel is all, actually went to 3 stealerships the other day to test drive some cars, I was bored.

Old 12-02-2008, 03:15 PM
In today's day of lawsuits... I wonder if one could go against a dealership to gain a honest appraisal based off a VA assessment from NADA instead of a auction set price comparison as an appraisal. Yes, life is unfair but lets be within reason of a certain criteria. Either way, I don't feel bad for the dealerships... all the money they have made in the past from their gray area ways is coming back to haunt them a bit.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Anyone know of Pohanka (Lexus) of Chantilly?