Clear Bra Installation

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-01-2009, 07:42 PM
terp01 is on a distinguished road
Question Clear Bra Installation

I'm located in Baltimore but will travel a bit. Looking for top quality install for 997 Turbo. Any recommendations would be most appreciated!

Old 11-01-2009, 07:54 PM
rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by terp01
I'm located in Baltimore but will travel a bit. Looking for top quality install for 997 Turbo. Any recommendations would be most appreciated!
how about new york....

Old 11-01-2009, 08:02 PM
That may work car is in Greenwich CT. waiting to ship to me in Baltimore. PM me with more details. Thx

Old 11-01-2009, 08:07 PM
That may work car is in Greenwich CT. waiting to ship to me in Baltimore. PM me with more details. Thx

Old 11-02-2009, 08:46 PM
Banned
Got_Leather is on a distinguished road
Custom wheels Boutique in Fredericksburg, Va. Talk to Tuna the owner. Tell him DJ sent you and he will take care of the price for you.

Old 11-03-2009, 07:34 AM
pseto will become famous soon enough
one of my buddies in Herndon does quite a bit of work on Porsches, BMWs, and other high end cars. he usually works out of his home though. i've also used a mobile guy named Matt (company named FrontGuard) who's out of Annapolis and can do it while you're at work which is nice too. both have done excellent work for me. PM me if you want their numbers

Old 11-03-2009, 11:18 AM
2008G35xS is on a distinguished road
http://www.planet-9.com/porsche-care...clear-bra.html

Roadgard
Phone: 703-216-3229
Installer(s): Sergio Cortez
Leesburg, VA 20176

I used him for my car and he did the complete hood for me (in addition to the A-Pillars, front left and right fenders, front bumper) instead of just 18" and everything turned out great.

He use to work at Ferrari of Washington.

Give him a call.

Old 11-03-2009, 01:04 PM
9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute
Old 11-03-2009, 08:27 PM
Harvey in MD is on a distinguished road
Ask for Rob. He used 3M and did great job on my 997. He is in Ellicott City.

http://www.proformauto.com/content.php?id=contact

Old 11-04-2009, 07:49 AM
Blade929 is on a distinguished road
I just had my entire front clip and rear bumper by the wheels wrapped by Cliff at Auto Armour. He is also making me a custom piece for my from splitter. He does a lot of Porsche, Ferrari of Washington's work and a lot of work for VAG NA. He is located in Columbia and can do either 3M or VentureShield. VentureShield is a much better product and comes with a much better warranty. I'll have some pics on the install next week when he gets back from SEMA. I'm very happy.

cliff@parabolica-autosport.com 443.226.4303

Old 11-17-2009, 10:02 PM
klum00 is on a distinguished road
try at speed motorsports in hanover, md. they are very close to baltimore and their guy does AMAZING work. he was supposed to be at their open house a few months ago, but he was in dubai giving a seminar on 3M clearbra installation...

Old 11-18-2009, 11:32 AM
Former Vendor
PRFCNST has a brilliant futurePRFCNST has a brilliant futurePRFCNST has a brilliant futurePRFCNST has a brilliant futurePRFCNST has a brilliant futurePRFCNST has a brilliant futurePRFCNST has a brilliant futurePRFCNST has a brilliant futurePRFCNST has a brilliant futurePRFCNST has a brilliant futurePRFCNST has a brilliant future
If you are in Baltimore area you MUST check out David Benz from A-1 Automotive Solutions 410-444-0606

I've met David and seen his work first hand. He is by far the only person I would trust to do a car except myself

David is internationally recognized trainer for advanced installations by 3M

Old 11-22-2009, 08:08 PM
r_matt_6 has much to be proud ofr_matt_6 has much to be proud ofr_matt_6 has much to be proud ofr_matt_6 has much to be proud ofr_matt_6 has much to be proud ofr_matt_6 has much to be proud ofr_matt_6 has much to be proud ofr_matt_6 has much to be proud ofr_matt_6 has much to be proud ofr_matt_6 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Harvey in MD
Ask for Rob. He used 3M and did great job on my 997. He is in Ellicott City.

http://www.proformauto.com/content.php?id=contact

Rob has been doing my friends cars and parents cars since around 1998. He's got tons of experience and does amazing work..

Old 11-24-2009, 06:38 AM
Blade929 is on a distinguished road
Just wanted to relate my experience at Auto Armour in Columbia MD. I decided to get clearbra on my car for possible track days and because I do a lot of driving and based on my last car no matter how well I cared for the paint the front bumper got pretty much destroyed from chips etc. I did some research and decided that the VentureShield product is what I was interested in. I also knew that I didn't like the line across the hood from the typical install and wanted the entire hood covered.

I contacted a couple of vendors in the area strangley many were unresponsive to my inquires. I did get in touch with Cliff from Auto Armour who told me to come by and check out the shop. Cliff carries both 3M and VentureShield and pretty much reenforced by decision about the VentureShield based on warranty etc. Cliff showed me a bunch of pictures of work he does for area dealerships like Ferrari of Washington and VAG. He did Veyron for VAG.

Cliff convinced me to do an entire front clip wrap meaning everything forward of front doors is covered. Also covered is the rear bumper behind the wheels, the top of the rear bumper right below the trunk and he made a custom pice to cover my front lip. He pretty much told me he can cover whatever I want and does his pricing kinda a-la-carte.
I dropped off the car on a Sunday morning and picked up the car the next morning. I'm extremely pleased with the work.

Some pictures of the install:

Finished Product:

Other pictures he sent me when I was deciding:

Old 12-18-2009, 01:57 PM
atleung will become famous soon enoughatleung will become famous soon enough
Does anyone know whether any of the referrals made here will do a true seamless installation (i.e., with the film wrapped around the edges of everything so you can't see where the films starts and ends) for the whole car? Thanks.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Clear Bra Installation